Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Soldier beheaded in London

Ashotep

An active duty soldier was “beheaded” Wednesday afternoon in London by machete-wielding assailants who were shot by police moments later, British media outlets reported.

Soldier ‘beheaded’ in London during broad daylight machete attack

A Muslim man said he did because of British troops being on Arab land. What a nut, glad the police shot them.

I feel for the soldier they murdered and for his family.

• Like 3

A Muslim man said he did because of British troops being on Arab land. What a nut, glad the police shot them.

Actually one of the suspects was not Muslim more of a African background like Nigeria or Mali, the latter in my case.

• Like 2

Actually one of the suspects was not Muslim more of a African background like Nigeria or Mali, the latter in my case.

You may be right but some Africans are muslim.
  • Like 4

Is this the new method of terrorism: small-scale attacks on the street? Terrible news. :(

• Like 2

so a african non-arab muslim killed the solider coz other troops were on arab lands ?

interesting kinda of logic he has what would have he done if the troops were on african lands ?

• Like 5

There are many Muslims in Mali and Nigeria. Not sure if this has to be pointed out, though.

Have you seen the video? My gosh, I feel sick now. "I apologize that women had to witness this today, but in our land, our women have to witness the same. You people will never be save. Remove your government, they don't care about you!" Sounds pretty mad to me. :cry:

Edited by FLOMBIE
  • Like 4

This occurred less than half a mile from where I work.

I finished my shift at 8:30 this evening and, apart from the police helicopter, circling overhead there was a kind of eerie silence.

Woolwich is a garrison town, the Royal Artillery barracks have been there for more than 2 centuries. It also has a large Muslim community, the vast number of whom are decent law abiding citizens. I fear that there could be reprisals and more violence to follow. The town centre has not fully recovered from the riots of August 2011 yet.

This is not the first time that Woolwich has suffered a terrorist attack aimed at the army. In 1974 the IRA bombed a pub that was frequented by soldiers. My father was one of the ambulance drivers that attended that atrocity.

Sorry to hear that. But I wouldnt compared IRA with this lunatic.

• Like 1

Too bad the soldier wasn't armed.

No ...it would be too easy. I would arrest him and gave him to SAS as punching bag.

• Like 1

It never ceases to amaze me how crazy people can get. Wish the soldier had of been armed or someone would of been in a position to help him.

• Like 3

When we rise above partiality and also begin to care for the women and children whom our bombs and drones kill over there then things could change.

They showed restraint by not targeting our women and children as we do theirs and dismiss as collateral damage without any other consideration, the same consideration some only show for ours, such as this soldier's family who get to live.

• Like 3

When I first saw the videos that showed civilians milling around taking cell phone videos, my first thought was what happened to British/Victorian Stoicism? The land of Kipling, Baden-Powell and Churchill. What had changed? Then I read this dialogue from Scout leader Ingrid Loyau-Kennett

"She has told The Telegraph how she held her nerve while engaging the alleged attackers in conversation as one told her: 'We want to start a war in London tonight'.

She told the man: 'Right now it is only you versus many people, you are going to lose, what would you like to do?'"

Well done !

Now where are all the men?

• Like 3

Too bad the soldier wasn't armed.

Luckily the families of the women and children our foreign policy makers murder do not also have jets and drones to attack us as we do them. If we did there would be more destruction in this world. The outrage any of us could feel over this incident should be compared to the outrage they feel. Without being able to complete that exercise we will rightfully be seen as selfish and clueless to the overall broader geopolitical situation. Only by understanding that could we secure a more stable world. The peace we desire for ours will never be achieved until we desire the same peace for all.

• Like 4

Luckily the families of the women and children our foreign policy makers murder do not also have jets and drones to attack us as we do them. If we did there would be more destruction in this world. The outrage any of us could feel over this incident should be compared to the outrage they feel. Without being able to complete that exercise we will rightfully be seen as selfish and clueless to the overall broader geopolitical situation. Only by understanding that could we secure a more stable world. The peace we desire for ours will never be achieved until we desire the same peace for all.

You do know you are a target no matter what your political affiliation is? You're an American right? These extremists don't care who you side with...you've got a bullseye on your back. You aren't immune by any means.

• Like 5

I thought they were african muslims. but 1 of them has a london accent. so i'm assuming 1 of them is english which makes it all the more scarier.

i don't understand what he means by our land. is he referring to somewhere in africa or a muslim country?

anyway it's a scary and horrible attack. i hope there's not a cell of them and hopefully no other attacks from any other terrorists

• Like 1

I truely wish Britany, I could.

Simple fact is, Muslim' s are CRAZY RELIGIOUS NUTS that have no right to peddle their sick views on every one who's not Muslim or view us as lessor human beings to be sacrificed for their purpose or to make a point,

But I do understand what you say, and I will constantly remind myself today of your wise words, because it's the truth. Thank you, now I can breathe again.

• Like 1

Jesus, sympathy for murderers. Unbelievable. The whole reason we have jets and drones over there is because they murdered thousands of Americans. Remember that?

• Like 7

You do know you are a target no matter what your political affiliation is? You're an American right? These extremists don't care who you side with...you've got a bullseye on your back. You aren't immune by any means.

Is this supposed to make one scared to the point of blind hatred that continues the cycle of blowback, not care for those over there who could be a victim of our policies including the loss of their whole families and homes at once, or to stop attempting to understand why we are receiving minimal damage compared to the maximum damage we offer others, or wanting a more stable world?

Political positions now only divide those who want stability and solutions and those who want to continue intolerance and war for profit. When all people want the same thing we will have change. For now it is so easy to blame the intolerant and war profiteers for all the damage they and us receive.

Edited by Leave Britney alone!
  • Like 1

What the hell is wrong with you Brits? I mean, did you see the video? Many many people around and no one went after this murdering #%*^.

Had that scum just stood around the scene in America his ass would've been apprehended or worse, no, better.

When we rise above partiality and also begin to care for the women and children whom our bombs and drones kill over there then things could change.

They showed restraint by not targeting our women and children as we do theirs and dismiss as collateral damage without any other consideration, the same consideration some only show for ours, such as this soldier's family who get to live.

Sickening statement. He chopped a dude up with kitchen utensils in front of decent people and you call that restraint.

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 9

Dumbest comment I've read for a long time

• Like 2