Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Personal Watercraft

kapow53

That's actually quite awesome. I would love to go across a calm lake with that.

Edited by Still Waters
Removed copyrighted image
  • Like 2

It looks like a lot of fun - unless you are silly enough to think you can cross the gulf stream with it, what a silly silly man.

Edited by libstaK
  • Like 5

I saw some kind of water craft a few years ago that had the contours of a pelican in flight that would skim in flight just above the water, like a pelican. I've never seen it since. It look like it would make a great prop for a Bond movie.

• Like 1

That's actually quite awesome. I would love to go across a calm lake with that.

so would i! the key words being "calm lake".

• Like 4

That's pretty cool. I assume there were air vents? Do you think his protein bars and water bottles just flopped around or did he have a duffle bag?

It's funny how all the comments on the news site (not so much here on UM) are all about the cost of his rescue like that's all people seemed to be concerned about. Many are also calling him an idiot for trying. You know what, maybe it didn't go quite as planned but I think it's cool that he tried. Not everyone can say they attempted to cross the ocean in a bubble. This guy will have a story to tell for the rest of his life. He'll be the coolest grandpa ever.

• Like 1

It's funny how all the comments on the news site (not so much here on UM) are all about the cost of his rescue like that's all people seemed to be concerned about. Many are also calling him an idiot for trying. You know what, maybe it didn't go quite as planned but I think it's cool that he tried. Not everyone can say they attempted to cross the ocean in a bubble. This guy will have a story to tell for the rest of his life. He'll be the coolest grandpa ever.

Even though the guy's heart was in the right place, trying to raise money for charity, he could not have thought through everything. As previously mentioned, the Gulf Stream and potential weather conditions could not have been given enough consideration. I'm glad he's OK.
  • Like 1

but would it not all just slush around in the hamster bowl?

There must have been holes or slots to let air circulate. I assume he would stop running and do his business out the holes.

I tip my hat to this guy for trying.

Guess he is back with the hamster that inspired him.... :P

Actually, a nice try, some called Columbus a fool too, and the Vikings....Marco Polo....but hey, they where more conventional...

Love the comments about the poo, but must be a hatch in that thing...he came in, didnt he ?

• Like 1

It would have been comedy gold to be out at sea fishing then this guy comes running by your boat. A quick tip of the hat then he's off again as you rub your eyes and throw your beer away.

• Like 3

I am surprized that he did not become shark food. The boubble would have been of course sandwich wrap.

Edited by qxcontinuum
  • Like 1

The coast guards must of had a field day with this one. Haha.

*surveying the surroundings with binoculars*

*locates a giant plastic ball in the ocean*

"What the ...?"