Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Teenager arrested for doodling

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#46    MstrMsn

MstrMsn

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

• "If you don't like the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question!"

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:51 AM

What I find utterly amazing with many of the comments here - you all overlook the fact that it was the SCHOOL that initially got involved and called the cops. So please, don't just bash the cops for being dumbasses, bash the teacher and school officials as well.

Thank you. Good Day.

We are born with 2 fears: Falling, and loud noises, all others are LEARNED.
You say fear is all in the mind. I say you are right; for it is our imagination that makes things seem scary.
If you want to learn how to not be afraid, ask.

#47    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 6,396 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

OK,  i can understand a teacher becoming concerned (after recent events)... and i can understand the school principal following up on the teacher's 'concern' ...  but, the warrant to search the house seemed a little over the top?   .. Ok,  justify that if you want to ....  but,  to arrest the kid?    Someone along the chain is working with a diminished mental capacity?

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#48    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 20,666 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

I hope the only punishment he gets is drawn pictures of the school system doing stuff to punish him. Let the punishment fit the crime.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#49    MstrMsn

MstrMsn

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

• "If you don't like the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question!"

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

View Postlightly, on 06 January 2013 - 01:13 PM, said:

OK,  i can understand a teacher becoming concerned (after recent events)... and i can understand the school principal following up on the teacher's 'concern' ...  but, the warrant to search the house seemed a little over the top?   .. Ok,  justify that if you want to ....  but,  to arrest the kid? Someone along the chain is working with a diminished mental capacity?

Recent events? Yeah, that would fly if it were a student that shot up the school - maybe if this happened right after Columbine, but that's still pushing it. It was a damn drawing for crying out loud. A drawing... if anything, the kid should have been sent to the guidance counselor, and they work from there. The course of action the school took because of a drawing was way over the line.

We are born with 2 fears: Falling, and loud noises, all others are LEARNED.
You say fear is all in the mind. I say you are right; for it is our imagination that makes things seem scary.
If you want to learn how to not be afraid, ask.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users