Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A few pictures from a night out

JavaJane

I go out nce a week with a group, to various haunts (pun!) to explore and try seances and get photos etc.

Apart from orb photos, which are a huge debate here I often get oddities that maybe something spiritual.... maybe?

I will say, I am very honest, so if someone was smoking/breathin nearby etc i would say.. wella ctually if i thought it was anything like that I would not post them!

So here's a few, what do you think? All explanations welcome and no offence will be taken :)

First & second: Taken at Claydon House, Bucks. The mist reminds me of a small Scottish fella with a tartan cap! Well, I can visulise it... at the time we were leaning on the manor house wall, and asking for anything to come forward. This pic was taken by me, looking donw the main path. Second, same place I just turned to my left. Only me taking photos and no smokers or heavy breathers near me.

3rd/4th taken at a lost village, very creepy place. Last one is a funny one, most likely a light bounce, this was in Scotlnd at an old mental asylum :)

My thoughts are, the 'mist' ones are possibly paranormal, it has a funny colour whih I have not seen before. Didn't like it very much.

I ought to say, at the long gone village, as we were driving back to the main road down the track, the passenger car door opened (pasenger was facing me talking).. needless to say we zoomed out of there as it gave us a huge scare!!!

post-41087-1172850819_thumb.jpg

post-41087-1172850858_thumb.jpg

post-41087-1172850926_thumb.jpg

post-41087-1172850994_thumb.jpg

post-41087-1172851050_thumb.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JavaJane

• eqgumby

• mold

• kristi2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

wow pretty good,. i must say alot of people could consider these faqke, but i think the first two have very distinct shapes and i can see faces in both of them

wow pretty good,. i must say alot of people could consider these faqke, but i think the first two have very distinct shapes and i can see faces in both of them

They are good formations. Like I said, I can see a scots guy with a tartan hat doing a dance!

Have tried to fake a pic, when the thread about 'show us your best fake' or something a while ago, but failed miserably! Prob on page 100 now!

i can see faces in both of them

I was about to say the same thing.

I have pointed out the faces on the below pics. Soz about font size.

post-46375-1172856902_thumb.jpgpost-46375-1172856941_thumb.jpg post-46375-1172857085_thumb.jpg

Could this be paredilia?

well the first one i think i can see the MISFITS crimson ghost and that last one looks like nylon rope flying thru the air , i dont see anything on the others

Looks like smoke or "breath" on a cool night. Hard to tell with that type of picture.

I know you take your investigations very seriously Java and would not waste time with obvious smoke or breath pics... In the first pic I can make out the upper torso/shoulder area very clearly - well done :tu: that is a superb photo!

Edit to add: it looks like a knight to me

The last pic looks like an insect/bug

Edited by Anvil

I know you take your investigations very seriously Java and would not waste time with obvious smoke or breath pics... In the first pic I can make out the upper torso/shoulder area very clearly - well done :tu: that is a superb photo!

Edit to add: it looks like a knight to me

The last pic looks like an insect/bug

Now I feel bad for saying that... :hmm:

Sorry, still just looks like smoke. I wish I could see where the smoke originated from, or maybe that the smoke was defined or contained in a certain area. It's just that you can get nearly identical effects from breath or smoke while outside in the dark. Maybe I'll take some and post them so we can do a comparison.

I have a question. Did you actually see the mist when you took the first 4 pics, or did it only appear on the photos afterwards?

Got no evidence for my claim for i never took any interest in it but a years back when i found out about orbs i wanted to test this thoery for myself . Thus i went out every morning and night to take snaps almost anywhere and caught something that looks very simillar to your first four pics . At first i was freaked out a bit i looked through the net for all the theory's on what i caught and always come up with the answer breathing or smoke .

Thats when i realized it must be me breathing close to the camera when i took the picture and also the other thing that made me realize it was winter :P The smoking close to the camera made less sence to me cause it doesn't make it look soo solid more like a mist that you can see through but the breathing looks alot like the one picture . I'm not saying i'm right but maby go out tonight or tommorow night if its cold and take alot of pics but breath when ya just about to take the picture and tell us if you do get the same affect :tu: But still interesting i still see faces in those pictures which is kinda wiered but then again if you wanna see something you will .

P.S. its not winter here soo i cant take those pics .

Got no evidence for my claim for i never took any interest in it but a years back when i found out about orbs i wanted to test this thoery for myself . Thus i went out every morning and night to take snaps almost anywhere and caught something that looks very simillar to your first four pics . At first i was freaked out a bit i looked through the net for all the theory's on what i caught and always come up with the answer breathing or smoke .

Thats when i realized it must be me breathing close to the camera when i took the picture and also the other thing that made me realize it was winter :P The smoking close to the camera made less sence to me cause it doesn't make it look soo solid more like a mist that you can see through but the breathing looks alot like the one picture . I'm not saying i'm right but maby go out tonight or tommorow night if its cold and take alot of pics but breath when ya just about to take the picture and tell us if you do get the same affect :tu: But still interesting i still see faces in those pictures which is kinda wiered but then again if you wanna see something you will .

P.S. its not winter here soo i cant take those pics .

hmmmm i saved this pic off the net a few years ago (it's not mine) but it is def NOT smoke or breathing....

post-51165-1172880161_thumb.jpg

Those are very interesting captures. :}

I see a face in the first two, but in the last one; I think thats a stretch. They are are very eerie, indeed!

My first guess would have been mist as well. I know nothing of your history, so no disrespect intended. I will say one thing, I have seen quite a few fog, smoke, and breath photos, but most are just white. Especially after checking around in photoshop, I am seeing pinks and blues and greens... pretty. I honestly have to say, I'm not so sure on these...

I can't help but asking, what exactly were you smoking that night? :blink:

I kid, I kid! :D

For the squiggly one, there is a recent thread with many similar we've been trying to figure out. Those seem to have many explainable causes. From what I've seen, they don't appear to show up any more often at haunted locations than at a backyard bbq or while taking a picture of fido, but they are always at night. I'd pass it off as a fluke unless you start seeing them on multiple cameras at the same location.

Great photos!

Now I feel bad for saying that... :hmm:

Sorry, still just looks like smoke. I wish I could see where the smoke originated from, or maybe that the smoke was defined or contained in a certain area. It's just that you can get nearly identical effects from breath or smoke while outside in the dark. Maybe I'll take some and post them so we can do a comparison.

:) don't feel bad.

I am the first to test whether it is breath/smoke or whatever. Breath is usually white, smoke blue. Have tried breathing hard and taking pics, doesn't have same effect.

I don't see the mist, but often see 'something' that which I cannot explain. Maybe light, or a movement>? hard to explain! Just get a sense of 'something'

I habitually take photos around, in front etc constantly, so I am not focusing on anything, unless the EMF meter is going off then I will point camera in the direction.

The light things, most probably bounces, but the night I took them they followed us around like a puppy!

Some more pics here http://www.mkspookynights.co.uk/popups/scotland.htm on the same night.

What was I smoking?lol.. normally Raffles! But not when taking pics, as I have a habit of holding camera and fag in same hand, have burned myself few times!

those yellow lines of light are caused by the camera moving NOT the object your trying to take.

Those are some cool pictures! :tu:

Looks like condensed breath to me. Then again, it's a little too 'gray' for it to be condensed breath... I don't know what to make of this.

Edited by Alienated Being

What was I smoking?lol.. normally Raffles! But not when taking pics, as I have a habit of holding camera and fag in same hand, have burned myself few times!

I was trying to think of what those things are that let off the funny colored smoke... Sometimes you see them in movies, people let them off in emergencies. I think the military uses them, but I don't suppose the military was doing any exercises that night. ;)

One of the reasons I found to explain the light streaks was a light source directed on the lens of the camera. I suppose if there was someone taking a photo at the same time and the flash sensor happened to hit your lens that is one possibility, couldn't see it happening several times in one night though unless you throw bugs into the mix. Makes me want to take some photography courses.

hmmmm i saved this pic off the net a few years ago (it's not mine) but it is def NOT smoke or breathing....

That pic looks more like smoke to me than the pictures that the created of the post made ...

I've seen many pictures on the internet that are almost identical to these. Could be small rolling banks of fog....or breath..or it could be paranormal.

As far as the faces go, I think the human mind can find faces in almost anything, (clouds, the grain of wood, or whatever), but who knows?

Nice caps though. :)