Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What do you guys think of this video?

InsanePickle

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Barek Halfhand

• Paranormalcy

• Radian

• SeraphFist

Too dark to tell. It could be pulled by strings on the bottom or by them. And that girls voice is annoying :P.

Edited by EmpressStarXVII

thanks! I always wanted to start my morning looking at a Ouija Board (not a bad one jpat!)

sounds like these brainiacs on this video could'nt think of anything else to do after "American Idol".........B

American Idol....kill me now!

Edited by Barek Halfhand

C'mon. The chick in it is okay with the planchette moving by itself and spelling out that she's going to die, but she decides that a candle moving is scream-worthy?

I say it's fake.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=erD64ZACE18

Personally I'm kind of skeptical about it but I just wanted to see your opinion's

I has to be fake. I mean if I was dabbling with a Ouija board and it started to move on it's own, you would have to get me a new pair of drawers to wear because I would lose it right there. I would not take it so calmly...

Whenever I come across videos like this I watch it first with the sound off. The audio can be distracting.

My guess is that this was done with magnets.

^ Took my answer.

Magnets.

Look at how jerky it is sometimes.

Magnets.

Lmao I think it was done with magnets. In my opinion I think it’s a pretty bad fake. They way it ended makes me think it was all set up for the camera. To leave people wondering what happened. I mean seriously there is no way Nina died. If she did wouldn’t that be some kind of evidence lol. Oh and another thing why didnt they have their fingers on the planchette?

Personally I'm kind of skeptical about it but I just wanted to see your opinion's

I dont think that it is. i think that they used magnets...

im not a skeptic but i think it was fake

especially because it went up and showed the O in the word Ouija at the top and im not sure but i think it was showing random letters and a two

Haven't seen it but if it moved by itself and nobody cursed a blue streak, its fake. Imma go watch it now...

Nope, pure fake, not watching any more. The kids are fairly believable actors though. There are very few reports of a traveller moving on its own, and when it does, it does something like fly across the room and strike the wall, not spell things out. Total hoax.

Although I do say fake, in defense of the traveller using the word "Ouija", my group had the board do that many times, mostly when we asked it a question like "how did you know this" - it would slowly scroll across "mystifying oracle" like a wink-wink-elbow-elbow kind of chuckle.

Edited by jpatt

C'mon. The chick in it is okay with the planchette moving by itself and spelling out that she's going to die, but she decides that a candle moving is scream-worthy?

:yes:

Girl: <giggle giggle> I'm gonna die? <giggle giggle>

*planchette continues to move of it's own accord*

Girl: <giggle giggle> can you make a candle do something?

*completely unexplained phenomenon with planchette continues to totally escape girl's attention*

Girl: THE CANDLE FLICKERED - AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Note to hoaxers: If you're going to fake a video, react appropriately to the situations presented.

Or not, more to make fun of this way. ;)

Don't believe anything that's posted on Youtube !!! :rolleyes:

Penn and Teller did a show on Quija boards a couple years back (I've posted this before if I recall).

Anyways, they went to an old house famous for being haunted (forgot where it was). Anyways, they get a couple "believers" and stick them in front of a Quija board inside the house and (shock!) the Quija board works perfectly and they channel the spirit of (whoever) who communicates by giving them "yes" and "no" answers.

So...Penn and Teller blind-fold them and flip the Quija board over so it would appear upside down to them. As they once again channel these spirits they guide the arrow to where they *think* the "yes" and "no" answers are.

In short: Quija boards don't work.

I respond to this same Penn and Teller thing every time. I've been part of a group that have done the blindfolded, rotate the board now and then thing, and still got legible results about half the time, which is only slightly better than normal anyway. People that are obviously faking, yes, I can see where they would get no results if this was done.

Hello everyone.

$250.00 for a video camera.

$40.00 for Ouija board.

$5.00 for candle.

Magnets $6.00.

Getting your crappy home video on You tube. Priceless. :D

Mad Manfred, I saw that episode too and as much as I love watching Penn and Teller and respect them for being incredibly smart people I found that one to be a little annoying. I personally felt that the setup for the Ouija board test in that episode to be well....... the title of their show. I didn't mind the blindfold. I didn't mind P&T for being skeptical, I guess what I minded was the unscientific way in which the 'test' was performed. What did flipping the board upside down have to do with anything? Yes the people went to where they thought that yes and no was or letters.... but I guess if they really wanted a blind test they should have just had some random people come in and see what they got from using the board. If they got something that jived with the history of the home then great do a second test, with another random group of people or take the people from the first test to a new site. For as great as they are at exposing BS that episode was not their best. In my opinion.

So much of the evidence in paranormal research is already laughed at if there is any truth to be found out it will take a skeptical approach. It also takes honest tests. People that make videos like this one in the thread aren't helping further anything other than cluttering the airspace in their hunt for 15min of fame. There was no honest reaction to what would (IMHO) a pretty monumental event. Seeing something move of its own accord would make me, duke my drawers too. The whole nonchalant reaction of the people in the video was out of context to that event. People's voices change when they witness something out of the ordinary and depending on the individual is how they react. Hearing the reaction is the only evidence, since the low lighting and tight focused view of the video prevents seeing the reaction of the witnesses. No one got angry and accused another in the group of faking it or showed surprise about the event. When asked who they were speaking with and the age the girl slips up and instead of saying two she starts to say twenty but stops short and then corrects and says two. Then the board reveals that the spirit is twenty seven or twenty eight.

Then there is the dramatic question - 'Death, death upon whom?' and the board spells Nina and then says no. Ok? Don't you think you'd want to clear that up if you are the girl and your name is Nina? Instead she asks for a sign, for the flame to move or what ever and when it flickers and she screams. Not really much there except some kids having a joke. IMO.

But hey, thanks for posting it Dog soldier you never know until you look.

Warm regards, Mabon.

Haha cheers for the post yea it's fake blatently fake

i supose thats what kids with too much time on there hands do these days, next time they try this they should one make sure they act alittle better and when the person blew on the candle it was obvious it was the guy/girl sat to her left jeez

Did anyone see the Derren Brown show about this he got a ouija board going and they apparently contacted a girl who died but in the end she was alive and well and sat out side, it's all suggestion and in the mind

Haha cheers for the post yea it's fake blatently fake

i supose thats what kids with too much time on there hands do these days, next time they try this they should one make sure they act alittle better and when the person blew on the candle it was obvious it was the guy/girl sat to her left jeez

Did anyone see the Derren Brown show about this he got a ouija board going and they apparently contacted a girl who died but in the end she was alive and well and sat out side, it's all suggestion and in the mind

Not even a good fake.

If I was a spook, and heard that irritating voice of hers, id do more than flicker a candle.. <_<

I has to be fake. I mean if I was dabbling with a Ouija board and it started to move on it's own, you would have to get me a new pair of drawers to wear because I would lose it right there. I would not take it so calmly...

yah its magnets u hear the thing thats moving make a scraping noise as if its being pulled with a magnet...

In short: Ouija boards don't work.

let me get that for ya cutsey wootsey...(My vote for funniest avatar in UM).....B

In short: Ouija boards don't work on their own

what Q Jpatt?

yet some can smolder a bit ....

Edited by Barek Halfhand

Seems to me that if you experienced this phenomena you'd be freaking out a little more than the people in the video.

Seemed like cheesy acting to me, especially on the part of the girl. She seemed entirely too calm and in good spirits (no pun intended), to be witnessing this type of phenomena for real. It seems fake, but since I wasn't there who knows?

Something else I noticed was the camera stayed very close to the board which seemed unnecessary.