Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My experience with a ghost.

CryptoRay

When I was younger, there lived an old woman on the third floor of my building. She had lived there for pretty much most of her life. She really loved this building and she was always helping keep everything clean. My family was good friends with her and we always went to her apartment to talk and hang out. Sadly, she passed away in about 1994-1997(don't quite remember the year.) I still remember how we felt, as though a part of us had been taken away. Anyway, here's the weird part. The landlord trusted us with the key to her apartment until someone else moved in. One night we went up to her apartment to make sure everything was alright. The light in her room was on even though they had been off before. We turned it off, went downstairs and didn't really pay much attention to it. The next day we went up again, and the lights were on again. So we turned them off . This kept happening everyday. We would go up and the lights would be on. We would turn them off, and the next day they would be on again. Everytime we entered her house, we would feel a chill. After a while as strange as it started, it stopped. The lights stopped turning on by themselves.

To this day, I still have no explanation for how this was happening. The only explanation that I believe is that her spirit was still in the apartment and was not yet ready to go. Since she had lived there over half her life, she still though she belonged there. After I while I guess she realized that it was time for her to move on, and her spirit went on to the afterlife.

Before you ask, there was nothing wrong with the light. It also wasn't a sound/movement sensitive light. It was a regular light that you turn on with a switch.

So, does anybody have any explanation at all for what was happening? Has any one heard of or experenced anything similar to this? :huh:

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CryptoRay

• Barek Halfhand

• bLu3 de 3n3rgy

• Thozzman

Top Posters In This Topic

Depending on the kind of fixtures it could have been interference from something around the area.

I strongly believe in spirits returning to where they were the happiest. Maybe she did not like to be alone in the dark so she kept turning on lights at night. And she continues to do so after she has passed on. I have a clock my grandmother gave me before she died. It was one of those mini grandfather clocks that hangs on the wall. She used to always stop it at night before she went to bed because it made too much of a racket when she was sleeping. After she died the clock stopped. It will run during the day but not after 7pm. Makes you think...

So you're saying the toggle switch was physically flipped to the on position each time? That is spooky. Light circuits coming on by themselves can explained by faulty wiring or shorts, but not a switch toggling by itself. Great story.

Sounds paranormal to me.

The only other possible explination would be if someone snuck in every night and turned the light back on.

I couldn't imagine what kind of outside interference could do a thing like this.

Try clapping your hands twice and see if that has any effect on the light...(j/j) :)

Sounds paranormal to me.

The only other possible explination would be if someone snuck in every night and turned the light back on.

I couldn't imagine what kind of outside interference could do a thing like this.

That couldn't happen because remember, the landlord gave the key to the apartment to my family to hold on to. So no one had any way of getting in, unless they broke in.

she passed away in about 1994-1997....

Everytime we entered her house, we would feel a chill. After a while as strange as it started, it stopped. The lights stopped turning on by themselves. ......

I still remember how we felt, as though a part of us had been taken away...

Did you ever find yourself thinking about her at seemingly out of place times, or feeling her loss in ways that also struck you as unusual? and did the chill seem to disipate or stay the same during the time you were in the apartment(If remember) I'm going to leave the lightbulb and electrical possibilities alone because I think it'll be covered.....this one is creepy to me!.....B

halfhandshuffle:pink floyd- the trail

Did you ever find yourself thinking about her at seemingly out of place times, or feeling her loss in ways that also struck you as unusual? and did the chill seem to disipate or stay the same during the time you were in the apartment(If remember) I'm going to leave the lightbulb and electrical possibilities alone because I think it'll be covered.....this one is creepy to me!.....B

halfhandshuffle:pink floyd- the trail

No, I don't remember thinking about her at seemingly out of place times. But about the chill , If I remember correctly the chill would come as soon as I entered the apartment. I would feel weird, sometimes dizzy. It would go away fast though.

No, I don't remember thinking about her at seemingly out of place times. But about the chill , If I remember correctly the chill would come as soon as I entered the apartment. I would feel weird, sometimes dizzy. It would go away fast though.

can you get back in there? and were the windows covered? was it dark?....someone else mentioned her desire for light ....hence the lights issue (above) ...B

halfhandshuffle:iron maiden-acers high

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2CQ3YE4P_g

can you get back in there? and were the windows covered? was it dark?....someone else mentioned her desire for light ....hence the lights issue (above) ...B

halfhandshuffle:iron maiden-acers high

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2CQ3YE4P_g

To answer all your question...

1. No I can't get back in there now cause there are people living in there right now.

2. The windows were not covered.

3. It was dark at night....

Sounds pretty straight foward to me of spirit type activity :tu:

I have a vision of crypto ray knocking on his new neighbors door to sell magazine subscriptions...and charming his way in...cuz he sly! (no don't!) somehow I'll get sued ....B