Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My experience with a ghost.

CryptoRay

When I was younger, there lived an old woman on the third floor of my building. She had lived there for pretty much most of her life. She really loved this building and she was always helping keep everything clean. My family was good friends with her and we always went to her apartment to talk and hang out. Sadly, she passed away in about 1994-1997(don't quite remember the year.) I still remember how we felt, as though a part of us had been taken away. Anyway, here's the weird part. The landlord trusted us with the key to her apartment until someone else moved in. One night we went up to her apartment to make sure everything was alright. The light in her room was on even though they had been off before. We turned it off, went downstairs and didn't really pay much attention to it. The next day we went up again, and the lights were on again. So we turned them off . This kept happening everyday. We would go up and the lights would be on. We would turn them off, and the next day they would be on again. Everytime we entered her house, we would feel a chill. After a while as strange as it started, it stopped. The lights stopped turning on by themselves.

To this day, I still have no explanation for how this was happening. The only explanation that I believe is that her spirit was still in the apartment and was not yet ready to go. Since she had lived there over half her life, she still though she belonged there. After I while I guess she realized that it was time for her to move on, and her spirit went on to the afterlife.

Before you ask, there was nothing wrong with the light. It also wasn't a sound/movement sensitive light. It was a regular light that you turn on with a switch.

So, does anybody have any explanation at all for what was happening? Has any one heard of or experenced anything similar to this? :huh:

Edited by CryptoRay

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CryptoRay

• Radian

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for sharing.

I agree... It sounds as if she wasn't ready to leave her house yet. -- and she eventually decided to move on. Sometimes, when they are attached to a place like that they will hesitate and linger for a bit before leaving.