Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Worst year ever for SA rhino poaching

Waspie_Dwarf

Worst year ever for SA rhino poaching

More white rhinos were illegally killed in South Africa in 2013 than in any previous year, according to government figures.

A total of 1,004 animals were poached, representing a 50% increase over the previous 12 months.

Campaigners say that a growing demand for rhino horn from markets in Vietnam and China is fuelling the killing.

arrow3.gifRead more...

That growing Asian middle-class is going to take our environmental disaster status from orange to red in a very short time :no:

They came into money without coming into the new century...

• Like 2

Rhino poachers make me want to go rhino poacher hunting. For being one of the smarter species, we sure can be the dumbest animals on the planet.

• Like 1

50% increase? this makes me suspicious........... anything of value where these rhinos live? Perhaps the real estate itself? Maybe i'm just being paranoid suspecting some sort of conspiracy in this. It stinks for whatever reason.

anything of value where these rhinos live? Perhaps the real estate itself?

Yes... THE RHINOS!!!!

It's really not difficult to understand. Rhino horns are valuable. To get the rhino horns you need to kill the rhinos.

There is no need to invent idiotic conspiracy theories about real estate when the truth is so simple to grasp.

Edited by Waspie_Dwarf

Here's what I don't understand; China has access to the internet. Limited, but they do have access. Living in the "information age", how is it not common knowledge that a densely packed formation of hair won't increase your sexual potency? They aren't exactly living in the dark ages over there and yet the market for trivial animal parts is absolutely massive. I don't understand how an emerging world power is clinging to medical knowledge that has long since been outdated.