Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Which disaster concerns you the most?

Capt.

Which disaster will end us?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which possible disaster are you most concerned about?

• Nuclear war.
    • Global warming/climate change.
    • Asteroid strike.
    • Solar flare/CME/gamma burst.
    • Magnetic poles reversing.
    • Economic collapse.
    • Plague, manmade or natural.
    • Overpopulation.
    • Pollution and/or exhausting resources.
    • Alien attack.

I surprised someone picked asteroid strike lol

I think the economic collapse is the most imminent.

Which disaster concerns me the most? Right now, none of the above....I'll deal with it one way or the other. <_<:gun::angry: *growls*

Getting old and being vulnerable scares me more than anything. :passifier:

• Like 2

I surprised someone picked asteroid strike lol

It is a justifiable fear. Even if/when we spot it coming, we might not be able to do anything about it. :/

It is a justifiable fear. Even if/when we spot it coming, we might not be able to do anything about it. :/

hmmm was it you who picked it by chance :whistle: lol

I miss read the title of this thread as which dinosaur concerns you the most and was gonna say trex, cause, well, it's a trex. I then saw the actual thread title and now I'm gonna go with zuniceritops.

I'm surprised no one chose nuclear war. That is the only choice on the list that can be initiated by one person, is immediately catastrophic, can occur without warning and is irreversible once it's begun.

What worries me most is the lack of intelligence and statesmanship and the current economic, immigration and public health policies at the highest levels of government. At least if you are at ground zero when the asteroid hits or the nuke goes off, you'll never know what hit you.

"Iceberg dead-ahead, captain!"

I'm going with Nuclear because........no one else did.

• Like 1

I'm surprised no one chose nuclear war. That is the only choice on the list that can be initiated by one person, is immediately catastrophic, can occur without warning and is irreversible once it's begun.

Cant really be initiated by one person.

And I think mutually assured destruction stops that from happening. Yes I know everyone hates that because its not poetic enough.

But it seemed to of stopped everyone from blowing each other up during the cold war so yeah. Im not worried about it.

Cant really be initiated by one person.

And I think mutually assured destruction stops that from happening. Yes I know everyone hates that because its not poetic enough.

But it seemed to of stopped everyone from blowing each other up during the cold war so yeah. Im not worried about it.

The one person I had in mind was Kim Jong Un. Dictatorships don't have the layers of security that we have in place. The threat of mutually assured destruction was a deterrent between rational governments who just happened to be enemies but it means nothing to the well armed insane or heaven-bound jihadists with a yard sale nuke.

In the next 100 years, a coronal mass ejection is the most-likely natural disaster. It won't exterminate us (probably), but it could vastly reduce our population and send us back to the dark ages.

In the long run, assuming no changes in business-as-usual, global warming eventually WILL get us, but it will likely take 300-500 years to do it. On the other hand, the world is starting to take it seriously, so business probably won't continue as usual. Now if somebody would just bump off the Koch Brothers (4111 East 9th, Wichita, NE).

Doug

P.S.: Nuclear war is still a serious risk; although, it now seems that an accidental nuclear war is more likely than an intentional one, terrorism aside.

Doug

Edited by Doug1029

We just had an earthquake (Oklahoma, 10/10/14, 8:50 a.m. CST). I'm guessing it was somewhere around a 5.0. These quakes aren't something that MIGHT happen. They're something that IS happening.

Doug