Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Floating above bed

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,093 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:45 PM

View PostRafterman, on 24 April 2013 - 06:57 PM, said:

Perhaps, but that in no way gives credence to the notion of out of body experiences, astral projection, etc.
Why not? I'd say millions of people haveing out of body experiences does Indeed give credence to the idea that conciousness perception might be able to happen out of body.  Not proof but certainly significant.  I'll go out on a limb here and say this common human experience is probably why we have the concept in the first place.

You said that scientists understand what is happening. In fact scientists don't even really know why we sleep much less OOBEs.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#17    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:57 PM

View PostSeeker79, on 26 April 2013 - 04:45 PM, said:

Why not? I'd say millions of people haveing out of body experiences does Indeed give credence to the idea that conciousness perception might be able to happen out of body.  Not proof but certainly significant.

Millions of people have not yet provably recalled seeing something during one of these experiences that they couldn't have normally seen.

You said that scientists understand what is happening. In fact scientists don't even really know why we sleep much less OOBEs.

Of course that doesn't mean they're real.

#18    CakeOrDeath

CakeOrDeath

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 351 posts

• The Proof is in the "peeas nuhhh burder"

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:26 AM

seeker, scientists know a great deal about why we sleep actually.  It is a time for the brain to rest/sort information/memories, and for cells to regenerate/repair just to name a few.

What time is it? "peeas nuh burder" and Jelly time!

#19    notforgotten

notforgotten

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

• The educated lie can be the most deceiving...gullible people believe them without question.

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:25 AM

View PostRafterman, on 23 April 2013 - 03:26 PM, said:

Textbook sleep paralysis - plain and simple.
Textbook OBE - plain and simple.

#20    FlyingAngel

FlyingAngel

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:23 PM

View Postscowl, on 29 April 2013 - 07:57 PM, said:

Millions of people have not yet provably recalled seeing something during one of these experiences that they couldn't have normally seen.
Doesn't recall doesn't mean they didn't experience it.
You don't recall a math formula of the 12th grade doesn't mean it's not there.
In some OBE, I've seen some most beautiful things that I ever ever see in my life, yet they are just clean but colorful lake with flowers and grass around, shining stars on the sky. None of these image could ever be found in a textbook or 3D movies, even with the most advanced technology we have. Say, like in a garden of Eden!

View PostCakeOrDeath, on 30 April 2013 - 05:26 AM, said:

seeker, scientists know a great deal about why we sleep actually.  It is a time for the brain to rest/sort information/memories, and for cells to regenerate/repair just to name a few.
Who cares about sleep. We're talking about OBE. That doesn't explain why some people have obe, some doesn't. If it's just about sorting information, then everyone should experience the same.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users