Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sensations While Meditating

sarah_444

Lately when I mediate I've begun to feel some different sensations in my head and I'm not sure what I should be doing about it.

First there is a slight, very gentle pressure on each side of my head, around where my temples are. Usually soon after that I feel a spinning sensation. Sometimes its strong, other times not so much, but it's been happening almost every day now. I've been trying not to focus on it so much, let it come and go, but it does get distracting.

Any tips or advice as to why or what I should be doing further?

Also I should add I when I meditate I focus on my breath, repeating a "breathing in, breathing out" sort of mantra as I breathe to keep my focus. I know that a lack of oxygen is probably not the cause.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sarah_444

• bLu3 de 3n3rgy

• White Crane Feather

• libstaK

As far as tips or advice on why, it is my understanding that because of the "great shift", you are recalibrating.

The channeled messages from Kryon have been talking a lot about recaibration. There are several messages on this subject. Here are some links to a few of them.

http://www.kryon.com/k_channel11_Red%20Deer-12.html

http://www.kryon.com/k_channel11_Lima-11.html

http://www.kryon.com/k_channel11_Boulder-12.html

http://www.kryon.com/k_channel11_Patagonia%201-12.html

http://www.kryon.com/k_channel11_Patagonia2-12.html

I hope that this information is helpful.

John

Here's a link to physical changes the body experiences with conscious breathing. You may find it helpful. I think when a person meditates there's always corresponding physical changes. www.wellness-institute.org/images/Journal_2-2_Breath_Therapy.pdf www.wellness-institute.org/images/Journal_2-2_Breath_Therapy.pdf

Man, that sounds so weird and uncomfortable.

I've had various weird things going on with my body/brain while meditating, like

- getting jolted into consciousness by a weird sensation in my chest (like when your heart skips a beat when scared) happened quite often for some days

- odd pressure sensations in my head where my brain sits (hard to explain, a different weighted feeling I guess)

- my head lifting up and forward once while my actual head stayed against pillow (what a funny, cool feeling, heh) then going right back down

- my right hand lifting up in an unnatural, uncomfortable way (remember looking at it briefly, and it was white-ish, and pointing straight up, palm facing away from me with my finger pointing up, in such an unnatural position), possibly out of my actual hand

- jolting up out of meditation suddenly, causing me to physically sit up fast, simultaneously letting out a funny grunt.

So many weird things happen, but luckily, the ones for me don't last long. I can't imagine the room spinning feeling for extended amounts of time when I'm shutting my eyes just breathing. That'd be too much to handle. I skimmed through the article Beany gave, but didn't see much about sensations while meditating. Still interesting article nonetheless. Maybe that information is hiding in there and I missed it.

Edited by _Only

Thank you john & beany for the links. I can't open them for some reason now, (I'm using my phone) so i'll look at them tomorrow.

It is a very weird sensation, not too uncomfortable..just distracting mostly. The spinning stops as soon as i open my eyes so when it gets to be too much that's just what I do.

:)

Lately when I mediate I've begun to feel some different sensations in my head and I'm not sure what I should be doing about it.

First there is a slight, very gentle pressure on each side of my head, around where my temples are. Usually soon after that I feel a spinning sensation. Sometimes its strong, other times not so much, but it's been happening almost every day now. I've been trying not to focus on it so much, let it come and go, but it does get distracting.

Also I should add I when I meditate I focus on my breath, repeating a "breathing in, breathing out" sort of mantra as I breathe to keep my focus. I know that a lack of oxygen is probably not the cause.

What position are you in when meditating?

What position are you in when meditating?

Sitting, cross legged.

It may not mean the same for you as we can all experience things differently, but when i get the spinning sensation and sensation on my temples it means my 3rd eye and crown is expanding. In other words consciousness is expanding and starting to project.

Eventually this leads to feeling like you are an extended version of yourself, you feel like you are sitting taller in your energy body than what your physical body is. From there you can project, remote view, channel, speak to guides, the deceased, speak to your higher self, go where you like in your meditation, by keeping focused on what you are perceiving and feeling in your 3 rd eye imagery.

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy

Sitting, cross legged.

You should see what happens when you meditate in a more relaxed reclined position.

Also try to dive into the experience. Accept it and have the intention of intensifying it and breaking through. It might seem counter intuitive, but often these things are barriers to deeper areas.

It may not mean the same for you as we can all experience things differently, but when i get the spinning sensation and sensation on my temples it means my 3rd eye and crown is expanding. In other words consciousness is expanding and starting to project.

Eventually this leads to feeling like you are an extended version of yourself, you feel like you are sitting taller in your energy body than what your physical body is. From there you can project, remote view, channel, speak to guides, the deceased, speak to your higher self, go where you like in your meditation, by keeping focused on what you are perceiving and feeling in your 3 rd eye imagery.

That's very interesting, thank you.

You should see what happens when you meditate in a more relaxed reclined position.

Also try to dive into the experience. Accept it and have the intention of intensifying it and breaking through. It might seem counter intuitive, but often these things are barriers to deeper areas.

The few times i've tried something else, like laying down, I just seem to fall asleep.

I'll give it a try later today though. This morning I only felt it mildly, and when I tried to focus on it more it seemed to lessen, coming in sort of a ripple instead of constant.

Edited by sarah_444

I have a similar sensation - I have come to realise it is my chakra activating and spinning, phew you are the first person who I have read or spoken to that has experienced it in almost the exact same way. As Seeker says, run with it and relax into it - it's not obstructing your meditation but focusing attention to it is preventing the deeper experience (bet the times when you focus your attention marry up with times when the speed of spinning alters btw ;) ). I now use this sensation as a "marker" that I have reached a relaxed level and beyond that I ignore it (yeah I played with the spinning speed and direction when I was in a more distracted mood oftimes, couldn't help it but you get over it after awhile.

I often get the heavy or spinning head action when meditating. I just always thought that was supposed to happen, like my mind getting heavy and sinking down, or, lol, with the spinning, it's like my mind spinning down the drain into the meditation state. I always go with it.

I welcome the spinning as it is my 'marker' too, but never hold any expectations to it, as it doesn't always happen and depends how 'clear' you are on that particular day and so on. And if you head starts to hurt in a pressured way with it, it's usually showing a blockage is being worked through.

What I've noticed is a similar sensation when i am working with crystals and I hold them up to my head. And from strong tree auras. It's as if the energy is activating, helps to open and clear you.

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy

Okay, has anyone here experienced any buzzing, vibrating sensation in the spine while meditating? Sometimes I feel them running back and forth, from the top of the head to the lower back. Also, I have noticed that meditation is like an exercise and I feel it gets better with practice. There are times when nothing much really happens, but I come out feeling very relaxed and positive.

Okay, has anyone here experienced any buzzing, vibrating sensation in the spine while meditating? Sometimes I feel them running back and forth, from the top of the head to the lower back. Also, I have noticed that meditation is like an exercise and I feel it gets better with practice. There are times when nothing much really happens, but I come out feeling very relaxed and positive.

I haven't experienced that, but I've only been getting back into it the past few months.

You're right, sometimes not too much happens, but I too always come out feeling calm, happy and extremely "clear" is the best word I can think of. It's like coming out of a fog you didn't know you were in sometimes. :)

• 3 years later...

If you have feeling like spinning or rotation in meditation, It is a sign of meditation leading to an advanced kriya yoga path.

Spinning or rotation in meditation happens at very advanced stage of meditation. For better understanding on this Spinning or rotation in meditation, you can check this video

You can check your stage of meditation by checking this video

so that you can understand yourself that its happening to you at the advanced stage.

Rotation or Spinning of the astral body within, happens after receiving abundant cosmic energy. Due to consciousness moving to a point it starts spinning. The astral movements within would be so uncontrollable that even body starts moving. The spinning of various body parts happen based on the body part or chakras at which the astral movements happen. When the meditation happens at the point of spinning, the breath turns inward and an unknown pranayama takes place within naturally. The more meditation happens like this through spinning, the more the soul gets purified and gets rid of its sanskaras and karma and move forward.

In this path, Nature would the teacher for such aspirants. In order to move forward in this path, one can chant the following 5 Elements mantras and Invoke the teacher.

From then on the teacher starts guiding from within and also starts meeting various other aspirants who have been in this path to get further guided. 5 Elements of the Nature are the primal forces that guide in this path. The mantras are

1. Om Pruthvi Deavaya Namaha

2. Om Jala Devaya Namaha

3. Om Agni Devaya Namaha

4. Om Vayu Devaya Namaha

5. Om Akasha Devaya Namaha

6. Om Prakruti Devaya Namaha

7. Om Guru Devaya Namaha

To know how to pronounce these mantras you can also check this video

You can also check this Google Plus community to get connected to similar people.

Drinking, smoking, harming others, jealousy, anger, greed, lust are strictly not advisable in this path.

For any help or guidance in this path, you can contact us at prakritikriya@gmail.com / +91 - 934 75 78781 (or whatsapp us) , we will be glad to help you forward.

If you have feeling like spinning or rotation in meditation, It is a sign of meditation leading to an advanced kriya yoga path.

Spinning or rotation in meditation happens at very advanced stage of meditation. For better understanding on this Spinning or rotation in meditation, you can check this video

You can check your stage of meditation by checking this video

so that you can understand yourself that its happening to you at the advanced stage.

Rotation or Spinning of the astral body within, happens after receiving abundant cosmic energy. Due to consciousness moving to a point it starts spinning. The astral movements within would be so uncontrollable that even body starts moving. The spinning of various body parts happen based on the body part or chakras at which the astral movements happen. When the meditation happens at the point of spinning, the breath turns inward and an unknown pranayama takes place within naturally. The more meditation happens like this through spinning, the more the soul gets purified and gets rid of its sanskaras and karma and move forward.

In this path, Nature would the teacher for such aspirants. In order to move forward in this path, one can chant the following 5 Elements mantras and Invoke the teacher.

From then on the teacher starts guiding from within and also starts meeting various other aspirants who have been in this path to get further guided. 5 Elements of the Nature are the primal forces that guide in this path. The mantras are

1. Om Pruthvi Deavaya Namaha

2. Om Jala Devaya Namaha

3. Om Agni Devaya Namaha

4. Om Vayu Devaya Namaha

5. Om Akasha Devaya Namaha

6. Om Prakruti Devaya Namaha

7. Om Guru Devaya Namaha

To know how to pronounce these mantras you can also check this video

You can also check this Google Plus community to get connected to similar people.

Drinking, smoking, harming others, jealousy, anger, greed, lust are strictly not advisable in this path.

For any help or guidance in this path, you can contact us at prakritikriya@gmail.com / +91 - 934 75 78781 (or whatsapp us) , we will be glad to help you forward.