Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My band

STIX

Ok, I don't mean to be all condescending by posting a bunch of my own artistry, but there are a bunch of other peoples music on here so I thought, what the hey, I'll join the crowd.

The recording on the site are about a year old, but I'm told we've improved an innumerable ammount since then... so we don't suck that much anymore :P '3 and 1 completes the 4' was recorded literally right after we thought it up, so we screwed up at first... "Just a Jam" was some wicked improv we did, its unrehearsed, unscripted.

Hope you enjoy! we should be recording new tracks for a demo CD soon!

UGH! I am so forgetful, here is the site: http://www.myspace.com/thejargondiagram

Edited by STIX

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• STIX

• ABOTU

• BigDaddy_GFS

• Pison

I will rock each and ever time, don't you worry :tu:

sounds pretty sweet. just started listening, but like it so far.

its not that great, but it gives you an idea of what we sound like, I can't wait to get some decent recordings done!

oh yah, me = drums

I had a subsitute teacher once that played drums in a semi-famous band.

You rock, man!!!!!! Of course, you already knew that.

I'm on MySpace also. Click my URL and add me to your friend lsit, if you so desire.

Edited by BigDaddy_GFS

At first I thought it was a contradiction, that jargon was senseless incomprehensible babble and that it couldn't be diagramed... but the more I studied the meaning of jargon, the more I realized what it actually meant and well I've now discovered the true meaning behiend "Jargon Diagram"

Jargon is most popularly used to describe trade-specific terminology and is something that someone who is not familiar with the trade won't understand.

Basically everyone has their own jargon diagram, everything we percieve is just a bunch of jargon and we all conform it to our own diagram which we form throughout our lives.

Popular religion is a jargon diagram, each religion is mainly the same jargon, just a different diagram, each is a different perspective of life having their own truths and faults.

So I guess a jargon diagram is just a certain perspective created to make sence of the chaos that is reality, fundamentally we are all the same, we just tend to see things differently, which is why it is so important not to judge people, everyone is human, everyone lives for the same reason regardless of belief or oppinion.

I came up with it to illustrate this point, even though I wasn't aware of it at the time, deep down I feel like I knew my orriginal supposition of its meaning was incorrect yet I wanted to use it anyway, and so did the rest of the band.

Our music is filtered through our own jargon diagram, and thus, it is the diagram and the jargon.

Very cool name. Music is definitely art, and I wish you luck.

B)

Thank you very much! I will try my best! :D

• 2 weeks later...

You're a multi-talented dude.

Thanks man, I think I may be blessed with a vivid and conceptual imagination... I have always had abstract thoughts and lately have had success in rationalizing those abstract thoughts. :tu: