Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

i'm thinking of changing my look and my music

McKenna

i’m thinking of changing my look and my music so that i’ll be more appealing to the public and the music biz... and the show biz...

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• McKenna

• gothikchile13

• distortedpandy

• Yelekiah

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure what your point is with this thread. Were you looking for feedback, or just making a stement?

I'm not sure what your point is with this thread. Were you looking for feedback, or just making a stement?

yes i guess you could say i'm looking for feedback. To anyone who is in the music biz...(singing etc.) and show biz...(acting etc.) what are the people who work in those bizes looking for in talent,music, looks, etc.

Actually, they are looking for people who can be themselves. Just be yourself. Don't try to be cool. Trust me, it will show that you are just seeking attention. In the long run, that isn't very attractive.

MC

Actually, they are looking for people who can be themselves. Just be yourself. Don't try to be cool. Trust me, it will show that you are just seeking attention. In the long run, that isn't very attractive.

MC

just out of curicity. How do you know this. Just wondering. No offence. Because in the magazines it looks like their wanting more then just be yourself. or in music videos its the same thing. and in the acting biz... its the same thing too. so i think i'll have to change what clothes i ware. my hair. lose some weight and excirse to tighten up my tummy musceles etc. etc. etc.

Well, I know because I am in the music "biz". The kind of people I know, like real people. So if you want to fix your self up to what others want, go ahead. I think you'ld be better off being yourself though.

What is really interesting about "cookie cut" pop stars anyway? None of those people are considered very unique and they offer very little creativity to the scene.

MC

If you think changing your looks and music will be the best thing for you and will make you genuinely happy, then you should do it. But think about what it is you really want.

What is really interesting about "cookie cut" pop stars anyway? None of those people are considered very unique and they offer very little creativity to the scene.

MC

why so?

:unsure2::unsure2::unsure2:

I guess it's a matter of opinion. They aren't very original, that's why I have no interest in that type of crap.

I guess it's a matter of opinion. They aren't very original, that's why I have no interest in that type of crap.

well that's cool. I don't like Britany Spears ethier.

:P:P:P:P:P

dont be a toolbag.

if you care that bad you dont care about music. you care about money.

if your music is good. you will have fans. if you care about and understand music. you're music will progress to a point where people like it regardless of your "image".

you are describing what every musician describes as... "selling out."

dont be a toolbag.

if you care that bad you dont care about music. you care about money.

if your music is good. you will have fans. if you care about and understand music. you're music will progress to a point where people like it regardless of your "image".

you are describing what every musician describes as... "selling out."

what does selling out mean anyway?

:huh::huh::huh::huh::huh:

Even if you went ahead and "changed" how long do you think you could wear that mask over your true self? Knowing you'll live every day...all day... someone else in sense, being afraid to let your true self out in fear someone might not like it because you lied the entire time.

I once turned down a contract with a bigger named recording company who asked me (as well as the rest of the band) to change the look :rolleyes:

it isn't about "the look" for real musicians...it's about the music :yes:

I once turned down a contract with a bigger named recording company who asked me (as well as the rest of the band) to change the look :rolleyes:

it isn't about "the look" for real musicians...it's about the music :yes:

yeah i guess your right i'll just be me. But what in the world. That record company had no right to tell you how you should look. That's just plain dumb. By the way what was the name of this so called record company. Just wondering.

what does selling out mean anyway?

:huh::huh::huh::huh::huh:

i once met a drummer for a punk band who opend for good charollet(sp). He informed me that the reason he ws in his band is because the lead singer thought he fit the image of of a drug abusing i dont give a **** drummer. which he was. but he consciously knew that was the reason he was able to be in the spot light. it had nothing to do with his musical talent. he was an image and because he sold himself to mainstream he threw away his potential to produce good and orginal music . He had the opportunity to make the industry his tool and sell his music. but the industry made him the tool, and he bows to whatever the pop culture likes.

he told me he was expendable and replaceable in every aspect. and he was. just like every other mainsteam band. he was depressed.

except tool. tool needed to be mainstream so they could be the tool. and we could be the tool. and the point could be made on every level. and other bands who break the mold as well. But they forced their acceptance through their music. and artist should know good music from bad!!!

sorry for the disorganized rant. i know someone out there can articulate it better. its early and im space cadet.

------

i

By the way what was the name of this so called record company. Just wondering.

It's a big well known one...

but I'm not one to go around bragging, so I won't ;)

It's a big well known one...

but I'm not one to go around bragging, so I won't ;)

well i just wanna know the name of it thats all. maybe so i can give them a peice of my own mind. that would probably knock them down and have them start useing their record label for music not image. those no good lousy idots. :rolleyes:

I don't think you should change mac. People are starting to lose respect for posers :P

The public can respect the fact that you choose to be yourself. I definitely admire that in people.

maybe so...

but aren't the above statements kinda contradicting your thread?

huh?

i don't understand what your talking about. please explain.

:huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh:

I don't think you should change mac. People are starting to lose respect for posers :P

The public can respect the fact that you choose to be yourself. I definitely admire that in people.

just wondering. How do you know that people are starting to lose respect for posers?

just wondering. if people are losing respect for the posers. do you think the music industries high standard for voice quality is changing as well. like you don't have to sound like brittany spears or christina agulira to get into the major record labels. like if you have a beautiful voice just by being yourself and not changing your voice or your music or your image. do you think that person that has a pretty voice and can carry a tune. you know one who isn't tone deaf. somebody like me. who is just herself. and doesn't have a voice like britany spears etc. etc. etc. or whos music isn't well so awesome. and who just dresses like an averge everyday person. Do you think that I could actually make it right now. or do i need more work and practice. please be really honest with me. i want to know the truth. i'll put the site where you can listen to my music. to help you decide on my sig. thanks.

Edited by McKenna

MxKenna....what IS your style of music, anyway?

And what is your 'look'???

I could offer input and crit, if i knew what it was you were actually doing.