Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Weird phone number...not really a number?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#31    scaredsilly

scaredsilly

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

• "In an open mind, there is always room to move."

Posted 03 April 2011 - 02:42 AM

telemarketer  :yes:

#32    arenee

arenee

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts

• I wish I was more witty; then this might say something funny.

Posted 03 April 2011 - 02:52 AM

When my son's father used to call from Iraq, that's the number that showed up on my caller ID so I knew it was him.   So, I'm not sure where yours came from....

"A valuable contributor to UM! Always enjoy her clever and often original outlook. - Paxus"

#33    Disembodied Voice

Disembodied Voice

Mystical Bean Chaointe

• 1,201 posts

• My inspiration is ART...Because without ART we would just be stuck with reality. - Daniel R. Lynch

Posted 04 April 2011 - 11:13 AM

View Postdog soldier, on 24 February 2007 - 07:03 PM, said:

Hi guys.  I was just wondering if anyone has ever recieved a weird telephone number?  I got a call about 1 week ago that came from the number "000 000 0000".  I answered and I didn't hear anything on the other end. Anyone?

That number used to call me all the time. And like you said I never heard anything if I remember it right. One time it made this loud high pitched tone though. I def. remember that tone because for some reason sometimes that same tone happens when I call my mother.

Edited by Disembodied Voice, 04 April 2011 - 11:15 AM.

Posted Image

MY PARANORMAL BLOG: ENTER IF YOU DARE!
"Reality is a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there."
"I am a lover not a fighter but I will fight for what I love."
"Don't tell me that the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon!"

#34    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,248 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 04 April 2011 - 11:46 AM

As long as they didn't whisper "Seven Days"... I think you'll be ok. :tu:

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#35    Disembodied Voice

Disembodied Voice

Mystical Bean Chaointe

• 1,201 posts

• My inspiration is ART...Because without ART we would just be stuck with reality. - Daniel R. Lynch

Posted 04 April 2011 - 11:51 AM

View PostBiffSplitkins, on 04 April 2011 - 11:46 AM, said:

As long as they didn't whisper "Seven Days"... I think you'll be ok. :tu:
HAH!  :w00t: Nice

Posted Image

MY PARANORMAL BLOG: ENTER IF YOU DARE!
"Reality is a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there."
"I am a lover not a fighter but I will fight for what I love."
"Don't tell me that the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon!"

#36    minera

minera

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

• There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,: Than are dreamed of in your philosophy. Act II, scene 2:.. Hamlet

Posted 06 April 2011 - 05:37 PM

Hi guys.  I was just wondering if anyone has ever recieved a weird telephone number?  I got a call about 1 week ago that came from the number "000 000 0000".  I answered and I didn't hear anything on the other end. Anyone?
That is a telemarketing spam number coming from Blockbusters. All mechanical. Frankly any business that operates like that probably ticks off more potential customers. Who would deal with a business that basically harasses people, leaves no name or number and do not respond to you. Bad tactics and I have stopped using Blockbusters altogether.

I received a  call from the  000 000 0000 number yesterday morning at 11:23 am and its on my call display still.

Edited by minera, 06 April 2011 - 05:42 PM.

#37    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 7,430 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:24 PM

I gotta agree with a lot of other responses. Sometimes the funky phone numbers like 000-000-0000 show up due to telemarketers, or skype users. Sometimes it happens when people use their computer to make calls, and occasionally from phone card users too.
My hubby explained it to me as sort of your phone does not recognize the code (as in data) that the sending device is using, so the funky number shows up as the default.

#38    Ozner

Ozner

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:26 PM

I've got calls from "000 000 0000" before. I've also had text messages containing nothing and sent by no one.

Edited by Ozner, 06 April 2011 - 07:26 PM.

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.

#39    zenfahr

zenfahr

Psychic Spy

• 1,599 posts
  • Location:Center of my universe.... which is located in a bunker in New Mexico.

• "The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn from the Crow"
    -Nobody

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:03 PM

When my brother died we got a phone call from his hospital room.  When my mom called that same number back, she was told that no one was in the room, nor would any doctor make a call from that room.  It was strange.

.....Im NOT here.....

My Art Gallery

#40    Xanthurion2

Xanthurion2

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

• Valar morghulis

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:28 PM

you can push *69 before entering the phone number and it shows 000-000-0000 or something to that effect on the caller id of the person you are calling

SRS

#41    minera

minera

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

• There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,: Than are dreamed of in your philosophy. Act II, scene 2:.. Hamlet

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:33 PM

View PostOzner, on 06 April 2011 - 07:26 PM, said:

I've got calls from "000 000 0000" before. I've also had text messages containing nothing and sent by no one.
Maybe Jesse Ventura is right. The government is stalking and watching and controlling us. Maybe that high  pitch has to do with digital phones. I get that now but never had it when I had my old normal carrier who was wired. Since I switched to a digital carrier now its all this weird stuff.

#42    DestinyHoran

DestinyHoran

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 07:20 PM

ITS WHEN SOMEONE *67 THE NUMBER

View PostXanthurion2, on 06 April 2011 - 09:28 PM, said:

you can push *69 before entering the phone number and it shows 000-000-0000 or something to that effect on the caller id of the person you are calling

#43    Agent D. Scully

Agent D. Scully

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 218 posts

• "O monstrous! O strange! We are haunted!"

Posted 29 July 2012 - 07:56 PM

I never really gave this a second thought, but every so often, maybe once or twice a month, my home phone will ring, the caller I.D won't register that it's ringing, and nobody is on the line. I always just figured it was some sort of a glitch.
One time, I went out for a walk and left my cellphone sitting on the kitchen table. When I got back, my mother was freaking out saying that it called her cell phone 5 times before she turned it off. That was fairly odd.

De omnibus Dubitandum. All is to be doubted.

"Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you."

Come visit My  youtube channel!

#44    St. Jimmy

St. Jimmy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:38 PM

And what about that 0888 888 888 number? Every person, which had that phone number, died. I mean, that's pretty scary. Some said that 8 is number of death. I wouldn't be that radical, but it's strange anyway.

#45    Gatekey

Gatekey

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:48 PM

Its a common Tactic of bill collectors even the billing section of my cable company uses that number 000000000 but I have a phone number thta just called that is the stangest phone number ever seen and searches for it have returned 0 returns I have never run across a 0 return on a number search until now heres the Number V02281158300027 no message was left I am unable to dial it back this is truly a mystery.Thinking I should maybe take a picture of this number that's on my phone because believeing that this came up as a call could be hard to belive but it just happened any one ever seen a number such as that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users