Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

French Billionaire Bails

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,796 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:47 AM

http://www.abc.net.a...ire-tax/4251642

I wonder exactly what Hollande and his henchmen expected?

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#2    Gummug

Gummug

Poltergeist

• 2,360 posts

• "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy" -- Shakespeare

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:03 AM

Imo, usual governmental greed and stupidity. Have you watched acidhead's video in the thread (can't remember the exact title but something like) "Democrats want to eliminate profit"? It ties right in imo...

Posted Image

#3    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,796 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:32 AM

View PostGummug, on 10 September 2012 - 03:03 AM, said:

Imo, usual governmental greed and stupidity. Have you watched acidhead's video in the thread (can't remember the exact title but something like) "Democrats want to eliminate profit"? It ties right in imo...
Yes.  And I was kind of sad when I listened to the responses.  Now I admit that the interviewer "played" with them a bit, but for the most part they gave honest responses to a clear question.  It's a response, I believe, to the class warfare we've been subjected to by our president.  Tough times are coming.

#4    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:54 AM

In France profits are anatema, it's becoming an international trend thanks in great part with the greediness of all worldwide oligarchs on one side who are blocking access to a better balance of business keeping it as monopolies and a lazy population on the other, people who wants the lavish lifestyle without paying the price of it by working.

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6
It's time for a sixth republic.

#5    Render

Render

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:35 PM

Just the beginning?

Well it's not. Many have come before him, and many are in the process of obtaining information to regulate. Arnault just gets the spotlight because of his immense wealth.

#6    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:33 AM

This is why billionnaires are leaving the country as all other intelligent people do! I would if I could.
more here

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6
It's time for a sixth republic.

#7    TheLastLazyGun

TheLastLazyGun

Psychic Spy

• 1,144 posts
  • Location:The edge of the West Pennine Moors, Northern England

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:43 AM

Don't worry.  Britain and her economy will welcome them all with open arms, because that's where most of them will be going to.

#8    Render

Render

Psychic Spy

• 2,080 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:11 PM

View PostTheLastLazyGun, on 11 September 2012 - 10:43 AM, said:

Don't worry.  Britain and her economy will welcome them all with open arms, because that's where most of them will be going to.

Britain, and Belgium and Switzerland.

#9    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,934 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:20 PM

The only thing I get from this (because I have actually read the articles linked) is that Arnauld IS NOT leaving the country at all. He states the same thing himself. He is happy to pay the additional taxes and WILL remain liable for tax in France.... which part of the articles are people not getting??

#10    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,418 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:49 PM

View Postkeithisco, on 12 September 2012 - 04:20 PM, said:

The only thing I get from this (because I have actually read the articles linked) is that Arnauld IS NOT leaving the country at all. He states the same thing himself. He is happy to pay the additional taxes and WILL remain liable for tax in France.... which part of the articles are people not getting??

The one that contradicts their brain maxturbation, why would you ask?

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#11    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,934 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:58 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 12 September 2012 - 04:49 PM, said:

The one that contradicts their brain maxturbation, why would you ask?

Should have known....thanks for the heads - up (hope the Olive trees are doing well this year - mine (just the 1) is "loaded"...

#12    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,418 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:04 PM

View Postkeithisco, on 12 September 2012 - 04:58 PM, said:

Should have known....thanks for the heads - up (hope the Olive trees are doing well this year - mine (just the 1) is "loaded"...

Small derailment: No, not to good, did not rain enough in January. But it will be OK as I will have enough oil for my personal use.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#13    Mr. Smith

Mr. Smith

Dirt Eater

• 1,174 posts

• Anger is a wind which blows out the lamp of the mind.
    -Robert Green Ingersoll

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:08 AM

Posted Image

#14    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,796 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:24 AM

View PostMr. Smith, on 13 September 2012 - 04:08 AM, said:

Posted Image
I'm quite capable of reading both the lines and what is implied between them.  Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks this guy's intentions are different than his words.  But hey, as is UM custom - never miss an opportunity to be snide and condescending.  Behavior like that just shines the light on your true qualities as people.

#15    Render

Render

Psychic Spy

• 2,080 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:16 AM

View Postkeithisco, on 12 September 2012 - 04:20 PM, said:

View Postand then, on 13 September 2012 - 08:24 AM, said:

I'm quite capable of reading both the lines and what is implied between them.  Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks this guy's intentions are different than his words.  But hey, as is UM custom - never miss an opportunity to be snide and condescending.  Behavior like that just shines the light on your true qualities as people.

This is it Keithisco. There are only a couple of reasons for a man of his stature to ask for Belgian nationality:
1) because Belgium doesn't have a (real) wealth tax (yet)
1.a) Belgium has lower succesion rights, maybe something he is thinking about considering his age.
2) It could be a middle step to acquire Monegasque citizenship. Belgians who become citizens from Monaco do not have to pay taxes. If you're French you do.

Him saying that it's because of a bussiness deal and he wants to become Belgian to be more assured of his rights does not appear to make sense since he has numerous companies in Belgium for years already.. But you know, it could be true. Maybe for some unknown reason he suddenly needs to be Belgian to do adequate business.
It's even possible Belgium wont even make (a lot, if any) money of it anyway, since he only has to pay tax for incomes strictly obtained in Belgium. And there are rules that helps prevent paying double tax (meaning paying tax in two different countries for the same thing). Going for Belgian nationality could save him 14.5 million euros in rich tax. France now also wants to work on this double tax with Belgium and other countires in an attempt to stop the rich exodus.
On the other hand, if he really wanted a tax break it would probably be smarter to apply for Brittish nationality, but that would negate the Monaco theory.

But..if this guy causes all this commotion in politics. Then there is reason to doubt if he is gonna stay where he is and pay all the taxes Hollande wants.

Liberation their provocative articles are pretty funny too in this matter:
Posted Image

(means: F off, rich [male member]
It's a pun to what Sarkozy said to a guy that didn't want to shake his hand at a farmer conference, instead of rich he said poor.

and then Arnault filed a complaint and their response:
Posted Image
(Bernard, if you come back, we'll forgive you)

also a possible pun to what Sarkozy supposedly said to his former wife in a text message

Edited by Render, 13 September 2012 - 09:51 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users