Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Older brain 'too full' for new memories

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16    Asadora

Asadora

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:55 AM

I was asked to memorise what I did not understand; and, my memory being so good, it refused to be insulted in that manner.

--Aleister Crowley

Thanks for the informative thread, OP! :tu:

"From time to time there appear on the face of the earth men of rare and consummate excellence, who dazzle us by their virtue, and whose outstanding qualities shed a stupendous light. Like those extraordinary stars of whose origins we are ignorant, and of whose fate, once they have vanished, we know even less, such men have neither forebears nor descendants: they are the whole of their race."  -- Jean de la Bruyere 1645-1696.

#17    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:45 PM

Probably too much flouride accumulation and artificial sugars wrecking people's brains over time. Einstein had the brain of a young man when he died, so, it is possible to not have cognitive decline in age. Too many memories is crap, let's try to find the actual root cause.

Edited by WoIverine, 05 February 2013 - 02:46 PM.

#18    Starseed hybrid 1111

Starseed hybrid 1111

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 326 posts

• "Take the Red Matrix pill" be your own authentic self neo

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:27 AM

i don't buy it nor believe it

#19    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,402 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:45 AM

View PostKing Cobra 1408, on 08 February 2013 - 03:27 AM, said:

i don't buy it nor believe it
You don't buy or believe what -- that our brain fills up or that the decline with age has other causes or that our brain doesn't decline with age?

#20    AquilaChrysaetos

AquilaChrysaetos

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

• "Some people wish to be the sun, so they can brighten your day. I wish to be the moon, which shines down upon you in your darkest hour."

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:08 AM

View PostWoIverine, on 05 February 2013 - 02:45 PM, said:

Probably too much flouride accumulation and artificial sugars wrecking people's brains over time. Einstein had the brain of a young man when he died, so, it is possible to not have cognitive decline in age. Too many memories is crap, let's try to find the actual root cause.

One of Scientist Rupert Sheldrake's theories concerning memories is that the brain does not store memories, but simply "streams" them so to speak, and that they are actually part of a higher, possible spiritual construct. After all, there is no real proof supporting that memories are even stored in the brain in the first place. We've recorded activity in the brain when one creates or recalls memories, but no proof or evidence of them actually being stored. I'm not saying that Sheldrake's theory is true, I'm simply saying that it's certainly not outside the realm of possiblity. Therefore to assume that the brain's memories get "too full" is no more than a dogmatic assumption to me.

Jesus Christ - Matthew 28:18-20 said:

"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Posted Image

#21    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:24 AM

I was reading something a few days ago stating that our actual DNA can hold the equivalent of huuuge sums of data. I've always found the whole sci-fi "ancestral memories" encoded into DNA theories pretty interesing.

#22    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,402 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:33 AM

View PostAquilaChrysaetos, on 08 February 2013 - 04:08 AM, said:

One of Scientist Rupert Sheldrake's theories concerning memories is that the brain does not store memories, but simply "streams" them so to speak, and that they are actually part of a higher, possible spiritual construct. After all, there is no real proof supporting that memories are even stored in the brain in the first place.
Um it seems to me that the fact that brain injuries often interfere with memory and that disease processes like Alzheimer's Disease destroy memory indicates that the assertion that there is no proof supporting that memories are stored in the brain is false.

#23    AquilaChrysaetos

AquilaChrysaetos

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

• "Some people wish to be the sun, so they can brighten your day. I wish to be the moon, which shines down upon you in your darkest hour."

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:52 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 08 February 2013 - 04:33 AM, said:

Um it seems to me that the fact that brain injuries often interfere with memory and that disease processes like Alzheimer's Disease destroy memory indicates that the assertion that there is no proof supporting that memories are stored in the brain is false.

The question actually is whether or not the memory itself is being destroyed, or whether it's the brain's processes that allow the retrieval of memory to be destroyed. There have been many many cases with Alzheimer's patients where they're able to retrieve some old memories for a short time, (sometimes from a trigger object) despite that they are usually incapable of remembering those events. It supports the possibility that it's simply the brain's inability to retrieve these memories instead of the memories themselves being destroyed.

Therefore as I said, there is no real proof, all of these are assumptions. You have to open your mind to all possibilities before jumping to any conclusions.

"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Posted Image

#24    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,402 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:55 AM

You are really stretching things to hold onto what seems to me a vain wish.  The evidence is plain enough.

#25    AquilaChrysaetos

AquilaChrysaetos

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:11 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 08 February 2013 - 04:55 AM, said:

You are really stretching things to hold onto what seems to me a vain wish.  The evidence is plain enough.

The same could also be said to your statements my friend. Your's just happen to be the much more popular belief.

Posted Image

#26    Render

Render

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:45 AM

View PostSaru, on 28 January 2013 - 12:13 PM, said:

Age-related learning difficulties could be attributed to the fact that we simply run out of memory space.

Which is why an external or implanted memory like chip will become a reality in time. ( it already is in existence but not used because ppl are of course afraid of everything, until they notice they'll be using their superiority if they don't evolve with the world).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users