Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Movie Review Thread

Neo2005

If your wondering how good a new or old movie is and you don;t wanna spend the money to either rent it or see until you have some more info or you just wanna recomend a good movie worthy of review than request it here.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Neo2005

• _Nyx_

• BurnSide

• Shakezulah

Top Posters In This Topic

My boys, ages 14 & 11, want to see The Longest Yard. Is it kid-friendly and worth the money I'm gonna give them to see it?

Just my luck the first Request is of a movie i haven't seen yet.

Sorry i couldn't be more helpfull.

Nut the original "The Longest Yard" with Burt Reynolds is really good.

But I bet your kids don;t wanna see that one.

Way to ask about movies that only came out TODAY. laugh.gif

Madagascar is definately a kid-friendly movie.

The best way to decide, is to check the ratings.

The Longest Yard is not a movie i would show any 11 yr old, but for a 14yr old i couldn't see the harm.

lol.....well he said new or old movies......I figured the younger one wouldn't see the football one, though. original.gif

Jeez again with the unreleased movies.

It looks pretty much like the standard Animated film Dreamworks has acually upped the entire category with a script that will bring in alot more people than movies past.Housed in the Central Park Zoo, star performing lion Alex (voiced by Ben Stiller), neurotic giraffe Melman (David Schwimmer), and sensible hippo Gloria (Jada Pinkett-Smith), are all content with the adoration they get from the capacity crowds and their pampered lifestyle. However, depressed zebra Marty (Chris Rock) desires to be free in the wild, much to the disbelief of his friends. Sneaking out one night into the big city, Marty gets a taste of freedom, but it's cut short when his friends come to "rescue" him, and they all are caught. Packed in boxes and kicked out of the zoo, the group is sent on a journey overseas, which quickly goes awry, sending them to a new foreign land where they attempt to survive outside of Central Park.

A pretty all-star cast ups the voice hillarity with funny overtones as seen in the trailers and previews.

A definate movie to take the kids to other wise you will scream your ear off.

Hopefully that helps.

Let's try and get some movies that i;ve seen people! lol

The whole point of this was for "me" to write reviews.

i meant for people to look at reviews if you havent seen them yet, just in case they were wondering.

OK, is Star Wars really as good as everybody says it is and does it really explain all the mysteries and unanswered questions?

The whole point of this was for "me" to write reviews.

644709[/snapback]

Since you obviously haven't seen even close to every movie that would be requested, i think it would be a better idea for people to be able to both request movies for review and review movies themselves. tongue.gif

Just a side note..If you have easily upset kids or children under 8 or so, then Madagascar may not be for them..

Half the movie is about the Lion dealing with urges of wanting to eat his best friend the zebra. It's kind of funny, but emotionally younger children might be bothered by it..

The Longest Yard has Chris Rock..Nuff said, if you want as parental guide.. tongue.gif

Falco, madagascar also had Chris Rock. He's the Giraffe. laugh.gif

yeah but The Longest yard is only PG-13, so it cant be THAT inapprpriate for younger viewers. but the review i did read on it says that the movie carries the PG-13 rating about as far as it can go. so i dunno. i still really wanna see it.

Well, yeah; but a cartoon giraffe Chris Rock is a little different than the live guy..Anyway they've kept a lot of the original script from the first version intact; so if you've seen the first one you can judge whether you want your kids to see it or not..

The 14 year old wants to see House of Wax. It has that Hilton girl in it, so I doubt it's any good. Is it a remake of an older movie?

It is a remake of a 1953 horror movie.

It is very gory and has alot of cool wax figures in it.infact the entire town was made of wax specifically for the movie.Now the movie in my opinion isn't good at all and it's not the kind of a movie that you would take a kid to see unless he's seen alot of that stuff before.Even then it's a bit extreme in some places.Even the original isn;t very good.

It's about a 3/10

No problem.

The next time you want me to review a movie make sure it hasn;t come out in the last 2 weeks.lol

No problem.

The next time you want me to review a movie make sure it hasn;t come out in the last 2 weeks.lol

645534[/snapback]

lol...I'll try....my kids don't give me much notice.....

Oh just incase your gonna let your kids watch either "The longest Yard" be sure to be carefull because the "N" word is said in the new one,and alot in the older one.

Just a footnote