Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Moon is more than it seems... Atmosphere?

G3N0M3

Alright so I havn't posted on UM for quite awhile and usually I stick to metaphysis, spirituality, etc. unless I'm posting on news subjects...

So recently (since last November) I've been getting redirected in Youtube for "Recomended Videos", I would start by watching videos about say, parqour, DIY stuff, Documentaries about hystory, "Faith in humanity restored" kinds of videos... Then Youtube starts redirecting me to stuff about spirituality, UFOs, Aliens, Ancient Aliens, Moon bases... etc. etc. etc.

Now this would happen no matter what computer I would be on or what IP I would be at... which I know Facebook and Youtube use to custom tailor your recomended Ads and Videos... They record your browsing history and give it to these places to help you find what you like... I like the idea and all, also it's shown me more than I wanted, the problem is whenever I follow up on EVERYTHING that has been directed to me, it all comes together and proves what I believed and understood before hand.

So without further adue; I've been directed to loads of Mars and Moon topics, mostly the fact that there is much more of us and others (aliens, ancient humans, etc.) that live in both places, Mars I havn't researched much into but the Moon on the other hand, is quite fascinating.

So I went to the NASA website to download some pictures and zoom in, look around just for curiosity, not to mention I've seen loads of videos that people made about how there are structures and odd formations. So I have also some experience using photo-manipulation software, I'm no expert but I could be called adept at it.

These photos are what I've found so far just by doing some enhancements; tell me what you think... PS. I'll be adding more to this topic as I find more... I find only the high quality photos give all these extra information/artifacts.

Check out the polar regions of these two photos...

Moon-BlackampWhiteFullAtmosphere.jpg

MoonEdgeHighlightampPolarAtmosphere.jpg

This last picture is harder to see the polar region, before I changed file formats you could see the swirls and large area above the polar region.

• Like 4

The fact that the Moon has no substantial atmosphere as known to the Victorians (it has an extremely tenuous atmosphere, known as an exosphere, but this is so thin that to all intents and purposes it is surrounded by a vacuum).

The lack of a lunar atmosphere and can be demonstrated by anyone that has a telescope and isn't totally clueless about basic astronomy.

The Moon regularly passes in front of stars. This is known as an occultation. If the Moon had an atmosphere the star would dim as it passed through the lunar atmosphere, before disappearing behind the Moon itself. It would emerge fro behind the Moon dimmed and would not return to full brightness until it was no longer obscured by the lunar atmosphere.

On the other hand if the Moon has no substantial atmosphere then there would be no dip in the stellar brightness before occultation.

Countless thousands of astronomers (both professional and amateur) have observed dozens of occultations a year for at least a couple of centuries. Every single occultation has been the same; no tell-tale dip in brightness before and after occultation.

The evidence is unequivocal, there is no substantial lunar atmosphere.

• Like 7

as the recent WHO expedition to the Moon (Smith, John, PhD, as scribed by Moffat, Steven, 2014) has concusively proven, the moon is an egg of a large, as yet unidentified extra-planetary lifeform (c.f. "the Great Bird of the Galaxy", Roddenberry, Eugene).

Therefore what you're seeing is flatulence from the embryo.

• Like 4

^

huh ?

Episode 7 of the last season of Doctor Who, "Kill the Moon"... in the story the Moon is actually a 100 million year old egg of a space creature of some kind.

Wiki page for the episode

Cz

Edited by Czero 101
  • Like 2

The moon's got an atmosphere and it's a dusty atmosphere. It just doesn't have an atmosphere the same as earth's atmosphere. Atmosphere's are all different atmospheres so the subject of atmosphere or no atmosphere is a really interesting atmospheric topic on the lunar atmosphere. Atmosphere is a brillitant subject.

Oh yes I realise it doesn't have the same makeup of an atmosphere that Earth has, what I am suggesting is that it is more akin to Mars, where it had an atmosphere at one point or another, for example; I know that there is solar winds that effect the dust on the moon but why is it that there are lakes, seas and river beds which look dried up and otherwise "dead" just like Mars'...

Looking at pictures on Google Earth in the Moon and or Mars views you can zoom in nicely in certain regions and find that there are fissures that were created by massive asteroids or previous plate tectonic movements, then there are nice smooth "flowing" rivers which look completely different. Both can be ovserved on Mars and the Moon.

What I was pointing out was that just like Mars, the Moon has a larger atmosphere at its polar region where Ice had formed. Based off of the first photo you can actually see exactly what you are talking about with occultations Waspie_Dwarf so I am unsure at what you are getting at :)

Also I was going to mention at the bottom of my post that there are few "undoctored" NASA photos, 80% or more of the pictures are changed, the moon is "cut out" with a circle tool that you would use in Paint, the edges have the pixilized boarder or edge and all the surrounding stars are cut out of the image...

Can anyone explain this to me? Why do they always cut out the stars unless there is something they do not want us to see? I know I would want to see what the stars look like from that vantage point, how bright they might be, the orientation, etc. For example try and find a picture where you can see the stars around the Moon or Earth, everything I find they are being taken out of the shot... only a few have stars, if that is the case howcome some can have pictures of the stars and why others that should in the same conditions not have stars...

Also I run into LOADS of "artifacts" in an otherwise perfectly HD picture, with extremely high detail everywhere in the picture there are blurred areas in specific areas rectangles, "blobs", semi circles there are also things that appear in one picture and not in another that should be in the same area.

From all those facts I decided to start this thread... I'm not specifically claiming that there is DEFFINATLY aliens, ancient humans, etc. etc. I am only trying to understand these anomalies to make a better decision on the facts and evidence I have found along with others... Most of the time I believe that Pareidolia is the factor in which most people make videos on this subject, *points at a cloud "It's a bunny rabit!!!"* no it only looks like it from this vantage point... association, how our brains work.

Which gets me to the point of blurred areas that you can see here on Earth near and around Military instalations across the world, you will see buildings behind the blurred areas when there is no reason for blurring to occur, yes there can be artifacts in the blending process of the imaging software that pieces the millions of pictures together but when there are blurred out areas in the MIDDLE of a frame that gets me wondering.

Oh yes I realise it doesn't have the same makeup of an atmosphere that Earth has, what I am suggesting is that it is more akin to Mars, where it had an atmosphere at one point or another, for example; I know that there is solar winds that effect the dust on the moon but why is it that there are lakes, seas and river beds which look dried up and otherwise "dead" just like Mars'...

Oh good grief!

There is NOTHING on the Moon that looks like a lakes, river beds or seas. I repeat NOTHING.

The so called sees "Mare" to given then their Latin name are areas of dried lave. There is not the slightest evidence that liquid water has ever existed on the surface of the Moon.

There is also ZERO possibility of the Moon having an atmosphere even as thick as that of Mars for the reason I have already given.

It doesn't matter how many times you repeat your claims the evidence is conclusive and shows that you are, without any doubt at all, wrong.

Edited by Waspie_Dwarf
  • Like 3

(...) Also I was going to mention at the bottom of my post that there are few "undoctored" NASA photos, 80% or more of the

pictures are changed, the moon is "cut out" with a circle tool that you would use in Paint, the edges have the pixilized boarder

or edge and all the surrounding stars are cut out of the image...(...)

Can anyone explain this to me? Why do they always cut out the stars unless there is something they do not want us to see? I

know I would want to see what the stars look like from that vantage point, how bright they might be, the orientation, etc. For example

try and find a picture where you can see the stars around the Moon or Earth, everything I find they are being taken out of the shot...

only a few have stars, if that is the case howcome some can have pictures of the stars and why others that should in the same

conditions not have stars...(...)

Also I run into LOADS of "artifacts" in an otherwise perfectly HD picture, with extremely high detail everywhere in the picture there

are blurred areas in specific areas rectangles, "blobs", semi circles there are also things that appear in one picture and not in another

that should be in the same area.

So all your thoughts are based on images you have seen but it is difficult to discuss on yr thread as the images those make you

wonder are not displayed here and so no explanation on an image or images can be given. It will not work to discuss just on your

thoughts given. If you want to get explanations, pls provide the images in question. But pls use reliable sources like ESA, NASA,

JPL and similar ones only and with the links to the original database as well as it will not make sense to discuss on images

originated from woo-woo sites and/or on screen shots made from GoogleMoon/Mars.

The fact that the Moon has no substantial atmosphere as known to the Victorians (it has an extremely tenuous atmosphere, known as an exosphere, but this is so thin that to all intents and purposes it is surrounded by a vacuum).

The lack of a lunar atmosphere and can be demonstrated by anyone that has a telescope and isn't totally clueless about basic astronomy.

The Moon regularly passes in front of stars. This is known as an occultation. If the Moon had an atmosphere the star would dim as it passed through the lunar atmosphere, before disappearing behind the Moon itself. It would emerge fro behind the Moon dimmed and would not return to full brightness until it was no longer obscured by the lunar atmosphere.

On the other hand if the Moon has no substantial atmosphere then there would be no dip in the stellar brightness before occultation.

Countless thousands of astronomers (both professional and amateur) have observed dozens of occultations a year for at least a couple of centuries. Every single occultation has been the same; no tell-tale dip in brightness before and after occultation.

The evidence is unequivocal, there is no substantial lunar atmosphere.

Well there's your problem right there.

Edited by Rafterman

• 3 weeks later...

The so called sees "Mare" to given then their Latin name are areas of dried lave. There is not the slightest evidence that liquid water has ever existed on the surface of the Moon.

Not liquid but wasn't something like 600 million tonnes of water ice found in craters at the north pole?

Not liquid but wasn't something like 600 million tonnes of water ice found in craters at the north pole?

Yes, but that has no relevance to G3NOM3's case and their complete misunderstanding of what a lunar "sea" is.

These photos are what I've found so far just by doing some enhancements; tell me what you think...

Ah, "enhancements". A generally meaningless phrase, as you haven't stated what you've actually enhanced.

And no, that is not an atmosphere. That is an artifact of the digital imaging.

Likewise, with your statement about the HD photos - just because they're HD they're still taken IN OUTER SPACE. They are going to have missing data and errors. If there was something they didn't want you to see, they would release a photo of it, period.

• Like 2

*wouldn't release the photo. Not would.

I have never understood the "logic" behind the argument that goes something like this:

"NASA are hiding something. I know NASA are hiding something because I've seen it in photos. The photos that show the thing NASA is hiding were released by NASA."

I see this argument used again and again by people that genuinely can not see what is wrong with it.

• Like 5

Looking at pictures on Google Earth in the Moon and or Mars views you can zoom in nicely in certain regions and find that there are fissures that were created by massive asteroids or previous plate tectonic movements, then there are nice smooth "flowing" rivers which look completely different. Both can be ovserved on Mars and the Moon.

What I was pointing out was that just like Mars, the Moon has a larger atmosphere at its polar region where Ice had formed. Based off of the first photo you can actually see exactly what you are talking about with occultations Waspie_Dwarf so I am unsure at what you are getting at :)

Also I was going to mention at the bottom of my post that there are few "undoctored" NASA photos, 80% or more of the pictures are changed, the moon is "cut out" with a circle tool that you would use in Paint, the edges have the pixilized boarder or edge and all the surrounding stars are cut out of the image...

Can anyone explain this to me? Why do they always cut out the stars unless there is something they do not want us to see? I know I would want to see what the stars look like from that vantage point, how bright they might be, the orientation, etc. For example try and find a picture where you can see the stars around the Moon or Earth, everything I find they are being taken out of the shot... only a few have stars, if that is the case howcome some can have pictures of the stars and why others that should in the same conditions not have stars...

Also I run into LOADS of "artifacts" in an otherwise perfectly HD picture, with extremely high detail everywhere in the picture there are blurred areas in specific areas rectangles, "blobs", semi circles there are also things that appear in one picture and not in another that should be in the same area.

From all those facts I decided to start this thread... I'm not specifically claiming that there is DEFFINATLY aliens, ancient humans, etc. etc. I am only trying to understand these anomalies to make a better decision on the facts and evidence I have found along with others... Most of the time I believe that Pareidolia is the factor in which most people make videos on this subject, *points at a cloud "It's a bunny rabit!!!"* no it only looks like it from this vantage point... association, how our brains work.

Which gets me to the point of blurred areas that you can see here on Earth near and around Military instalations across the world, you will see buildings behind the blurred areas when there is no reason for blurring to occur, yes there can be artifacts in the blending process of the imaging software that pieces the millions of pictures together but when there are blurred out areas in the MIDDLE of a frame that gets me wondering.

You are drilling around asking more and more questions while not acknowledging what was posted previously. Why don't you post one or two images with the blur you are talking about, as well as a link to the original, so people can comment. As said earlier, no woo site images, ESA, NASA, JPL or reputable astronomy/space sites that always refer to the original image.

Hmm, Mars has an atmosphere now, although at the surface it's about 1% of the sea-level density of Earth's atmosphere. The Moon's current 'atmosphere' is much-much-much more tenuous than that. As others have pointed out, the Moon's 'seas' are dried lava, not the remains of bodies of water.

The 'rivers' on the Moon you speak of are rilles (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rille). Hadley Rille is one such 'river' which was visited by the crew of Apollo 15.

How did you arrive at this "80% or more" figure? Which photos did you look at?

This is an unremarkable feature of photography: the Earth and the Moon are much brighter than stars. A photo of the Earth which is correctly exposed to show the Earth will not show stars. If you change the exposure to show stars the Earth will be over-exposed. While movies often show the Moon in a star-filled sky, that's not what you normally see. If you go outside on a moonless night you'll see a lot more stars than on a Full Moon night.

So photos of the Earth or Moon from space which also show no stars have not had the stars removed - they were simply too faint to be registered in the photo at the same time.

"...an otherwise perfectly HD picture..."? Which picture? Can you post it here? Or a link to it?

Yes, pareidolia is a factor. But so are simple facts of how cameras work. It would therefore help if you can point us to the specific photos you have problems with, rather than speaking generically.

• Like 1