Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Death Crawler?

Dragon818

Ok, I just want to say that I don't know if this is the right place to put this. If it isn't, then could a mod/admin move it please? Thank you.

Now on to the topic at hand, last night I watched a new show called Lost Taps. (Or Lost Video's, can't remember which.) One episode I watched was about giant centipede's called Death Crawlers. Now as far as I'm concerned, the video's are fake and are just a way for Animal Planet to get more viewers. Although I would love for these stories to be true, I highly doubt they are though. At any rate, the show ended with the two people getting off this prehistoric centipede island in a boat, unfortunately there was a centipede in the boat with them. Not long after, the boat washed up a Florida shore with two decomposed bodies inside it, each one had several unidentifiable puncture marks, and in the sand leading away from the boat was some unidentifiable footprints of some type of large insect.

Now, according to the show, this is all real, these are the real tapes that real people took of real animals/creatures. If thats the case, then the two bodies being washed up on shore in a boat, should be in the Florida paper or something right? Well I did various searches online, and couldn't find a single thing about this. What I want to know is if anyone else found anything. Perhaps you used a different search engine, or worded it differently, but whatever the case is; If you have an article, a real one, about two decomposed bodies washing up on shore with several puncture marks, and insect tracks in the sand, I'd love to see it.

Feel free to hang around and discuss your various views, opinions, belief's, whatever on this subject. But if at all possible I'd like for this to not be turned into a huge flame thread with nothing but "I'm a skeptic, therefore I say they don't exist and since I say that they really don't." We all know you skeptics need to be bitten in the *** by a giant centipede to know its real, and no one's even saying that they are real. I just want to see if I can dig up any information found on the show, from a source other then Animal Planet.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dragon818

• Murder 101

• Drago

• Moon Minion

Animal Planetsays the tapes are fake at the start of the show but they claim that the storys are real.

I think the first time I heard of giant carniverous centepede's was on the BBC show Primevil which is a sience fiction show where prehistoric beast come through a time portal to torment modern society. The original creature depicted was originally thought to be more like a millipede and thought to be non poisonous. It was also depicted in the discovery show Walking With Prehistoric Beasts wich I believe was originally Walking With Beasts also from the BBC. The rise of the arthropods episode. The main problem with giant bugs would be the oxygen required to sustain them. In the carboniferous period there were a lot more big plants or megafauna as I have seen them reffered to in posts on this forum. With food sources coming in a strong second. I think climate would be a good third as I don't think the majority of insects deal well with cold. If these three factors were met I don't think its too far fetched that there could be giant bugs out there. If these genetic throwbacks did indeed exist they wouldn't likely do well outside of the ecosystem that supported them, as such they would be in small pocket ecosystems capable of supporting them. Furthermore I saw some of the Animal Planets Lost Tapes on thier website. Mostely a bunch of teasers in the spirit of the season. The use of drama and camera angles automatically points to thier fabrication, however they are very chilly in a Blair Witch Project kind of way.

Animal Planetsays the tapes are fake at the start of the show but they claim that the storys are real.

Just coming in to say this. Need to tune into the show just a few seconds early. :)

"This is what could have been...." creepy music - or something like that.

:)

Nibs

Unfortunately; every Lost Tapes episode is faked as of yet.

I'll admit, they're getting better in this season; with plausible cryptids (sans the vampire and werewolf) and footage that looks eerily realistic for the most part (A few bits here and there could use some work). I suppose there's a very small chance that this event could have transpired, but one would think I'd have heard of it by now; considering I live in Florida. Part of me would like to believe they're just saying these events are faked to avoid mass panic, but the other part of me sees these little bits of video, something one of the people does, etc; that makes it exceedingly unlikely.

@maximaldecimal:

Primeval is an awesome show. :) They're making a 5th season now, to be released in 2011. I can't wait.

Hm, I wasn't even aware that this show had more then one season...At any rate, I know all the video's have been fake, and I'm sure that even the facts are fake, still part of me can't help but hope that something in this show is true. I love all preternatural and weird things, I would love for giant centipede's, and aliens, and a werewolves to be real, but it just doesn't seem likely. Then again you have tens of thousands of reported sightings...

Ha ha ha, like in those crime investigation shows, how they "re-create the scene" to give an example of how the crime panned out.

Except in that case I'm pretty sure such crimes would have been in the paper or news at sound point...

The Death Crawler isn't based on an individual cryptid, just reports of centipedes approaching a couple of feet long.

The Death Crawler isn't based on an individual cryptid, just reports of centipedes approaching a couple of feet long.

could just be escaped pets of accidentally imported animals that have come in with fruit or whatnot I mean 8 to 12 inch pedes are not hard to get in the pet trade it could just be exaggerated reports

altho pede's scare the living daylights out of me there a pain in the posterior to formally I.D. past there genus (which in some cases can still be a pain as quite a few are still "new" to science) and without knowing the species u don't know there venoms going to be like a bee sting or kill you

• 3 years later...

Lost Tapes is 100% fake. They are just saying the creatures are real. Now Big Centipedes in the south american rain forest are real. But some people are claiming there are some double the size of the real deal giant centipede. It is possible like many sea monsters it is a prehistoric centipede that some how managed to survive that still remains. If it is real, it could kill a full grown man, otherwise the real giant centipedes at most on VERY rare occasions can kill small children. If you watch closely you can see just how fake all of the stuff is, like the devil monkey episode is very obviously a man in a costume. They have all real facts though on there so it is great if you want to look up information about the creature, Animal Planet just adds a fun little make believe story about them to go with it.

Here is the IMDB listing for the episode you are referring to:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1497522/

Note the names of the ACTORS who portrayed the entomologists couple.

Here are their other acting credits:

http://www.imdb.com/.../?ref_=tt_cl_t5

http://www.imdb.com/.../?ref_=tt_cl_t6

Still think it's real?

Edited by Rafterman

Chiming in real quick about Lost Tapes.

When they claim the "stories" are real, they aren't talking about the dramatization they fill the episode with. They're talking about the reports they discuss during their pseudo-scientific interludes.

Does not matter, still fake

Nobody said otherwise.

But I do think that properly understanding something before disregarding it is usually better than not bothering to understand it at all.