Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jail fox hunters for five years, says RSPCA

Still Waters

The chief executive of the RSPCA issued a stern warning to Boxing Day hunts as he claimed those who set their hounds on foxes should go to jail for up to five years.

Gavin Grant signalled that the charity would be channelling efforts into an aggressive new push to prosecute those who flout the ban on hunting with dogs introduced by the last Labour Government.

He called for a dramatic toughening of sentences for huntsmen who allow hounds to kill foxes, which would put the offence on a par with killing a person by dangerous driving.

http://www.telegraph...SPCA-chief.html

I shall still be out with the Hunt on Boxing Day! We 'drag-hunt' but there's always the chance that a fox will get flushed out by mistake, then it's very difficult for the Whippers-in to keep the hounds from pursuing it.

OK, it's the law, and like or lump it we have to obey it, but five years in prison? People have been given shorter sentences for killing other people!!!

• Like 1

It's the RSPCA, they're only a few steps down the nutbag ladder from PETA.

Case in point - it's illegal to set your hounds to kill the fox you may catch, but not if you set an Eagle Owl to do it!

• Like 1

It's the RSPCA, they're only a few steps down the nutbag ladder from PETA.

Case in point - it's illegal to set your hounds to kill the fox you may catch, but not if you set an Eagle Owl to do it!

Do you have a source for that?

As for how far down the nutbag ladder they are, from wiki:

"In 2011, the RSPCA investigated 159,759 cruelty complaints and collected and rescued 119,126 animals.[1] It is the oldest and largest animal welfare organisation in the world"

One of it's founders was William Wilberforce, who spearheaded the abolition of slavery. The thread is apparent, they spoke for those with no voice; slaves, children and animals.

If not for the RSPCA, we would still have bear and bull baiting.

Yeah, you're welcome.

• Like 2

These cultural based animal killings should be breeding three animals for every one they kill. Release the other two into the wild so that the populations can expand rather than decrease. Each and every animal on earth has as much right to life as any human.

On a side note, Foxes are absolutely beautiful creatures. I have only seen one during my lifetime but it was truly majestic.

• Like 1

These cultural based animal killings should be breeding three animals for every one they kill. Release the other two into the wild so that the populations can expand rather than decrease. Each and every animal on earth has as much right to life as any human.

On a side note, Foxes are absolutely beautiful creatures. I have only seen one during my lifetime but it was truly majestic.

Not quite so 'majestic' if you saw him indiscriminately shredding your hens or tearing partially-born lambs from thier mothers every spring! As for 'breeding to kill' we do that with game birds (pheasants/ grouse etc) and still get lambasted for it!

With the Anti-hunt mob, it's less about Animal Welfare than the fact that Country Sports are seen (wrongly) as an 'upper-class' pastime, and therefore, to be banned! I notice nothing's been said about embedding a hook in a fish's mouth and dragging it into a net! And why? Because it's a 'working-class' activity!

I shall be out with the Hunt on Boxing Day, and any 'crusty' who tries to touch my horse will have to duck my crop pretty quickly!

• Like 2

Foxes are cruel vicious KILLERS, and they kill for no reason, often leaving their prey once the deed is done. I would have no hesitation in hunting them, with or without hounds given the chance. I have a good reason for stating this.

• Like 1

Not quite so 'majestic' if you saw him indiscriminately shredding your hens or tearing partially-born lambs from thier mothers every spring! As for 'breeding to kill' we do that with game birds (pheasants/ grouse etc) and still get lambasted for it!

With the Anti-hunt mob, it's less about Animal Welfare than the fact that Country Sports are seen (wrongly) as an 'upper-class' pastime, and therefore, to be banned! I notice nothing's been said about embedding a hook in a fish's mouth and dragging it into a net! And why? Because it's a 'working-class' activity!

I shall be out with the Hunt on Boxing Day, and any 'crusty' who tries to touch my horse will have to duck my crop pretty quickly!

Go for it bro, I hope you see a couple, three/four "bagged", cheers.
  • Like 1

Foxes are cruel vicious KILLERS, and they kill for no reason, often leaving their prey once the deed is done. I would have no hesitation in hunting them, with or without hounds given the chance. I have a good reason for stating this.

You are also describing the human blood sports brigade