Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Unsolved Serial Killings Map

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1    H.H. Holmes

H.H. Holmes

Rebel Without A Cause

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,672 posts

• I'm going platinum...

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:09 AM

POPULAR

It's nice to be back in the UM true crime forums with a somewhat renewed vigor to share on the topic. I've recently bought a book called the "Encyclopedia of Unsolved Crimes", it is a huge and volumous book. I've sifted through much of it to get to some of the more interesting cases.

Obviously, it is the random, unsolved serial murders that get most of my attention due to the sheer number of them. Most people would not have guessed that so many people can (and have) gotten away with committing multiple homicides. Most of these cases are rarely ever mentioned, even on some of the true crime shows popular on television. Maybe it is because people, even when it comes to their documentaries, want a sense of finality. These cases lack that sense of resolution; there is no ending to the story, nor any revelations given away. It is sad to see so many lives never accounted for, never given some kind of justice (resolution).

I hope to remember these crimes because of the victims, who still deserve our thoughts to be with them.

Forgive me for any grammar mistakes I've made. This is a work in progress and I need to make much more entries into the map and add more detail to the descriptions.

https://maps.google....79523,67.631836

Knowledge Speaks, Wisdom Listens- Jimi Hendrix
Admiration for a quality or an art can be so strong that it deters us from striving to possess it.-Friedrich Nietzsche
The day which we fear as our last is but the birthday of eternity.-Lucius Annaeus Seneca
You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.-Mohandas Gandhi

#2    H.H. Holmes

H.H. Holmes

Rebel Without A Cause

• 1,672 posts

• I'm going platinum...

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:14 AM

Feel free to add another entry as long as it stays on topic. It should be a public map, so you will able to edit it.

Edited by H.H. Holmes, 09 September 2012 - 02:15 AM.

Admiration for a quality or an art can be so strong that it deters us from striving to possess it.-Friedrich Nietzsche
The day which we fear as our last is but the birthday of eternity.-Lucius Annaeus Seneca
You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.-Mohandas Gandhi

#3    Fox Mccloud

Fox Mccloud

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 288 posts

• Stealthy messenger of the gods,
    Cunning and wise, reliable friend,
    Guide my steps through this maze of deception
    And see this problem to its end.

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:25 AM

I-35 killings, that is a lot of murders, I never heard of this. interesting

"Every time you pick up your guitar to play, play as if it's the last time." Clapton

#4    H.H. Holmes

H.H. Holmes

Rebel Without A Cause

• 1,672 posts

• I'm going platinum...

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:32 AM

Fox, I've barely scratched the surface when it comes to the book. There are many cases it covers that I have not heard of before, even though I'm pretty well read when it comes to the subject. Like I said, though, it seems that people tend to forget entirely about these crimes, unless they have been directly affected by them or take an interest in searching for them.

#5    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 4,946 posts

• I might have been born yesterday but, I've been up all night.

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:44 AM

Interesting concept!

Where it says "Unsolved Serial Murders" (if you could) instead give a city and the year(s) maybe. For example, when I looked at the Fort Worth murders (1984-85) I thought that they were in Dallas, on the zoomed out map.

Just an observation. :)

#6    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 4,946 posts

• I might have been born yesterday but, I've been up all night.

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:50 AM

Maybe color code by decade?

#7    H.H. Holmes

H.H. Holmes

Rebel Without A Cause

• 1,672 posts

• I'm going platinum...

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:43 AM

View PostLikely Guy, on 09 September 2012 - 03:50 AM, said:

Maybe color code by decade?

Good suggestions, but I am kind of limited by what I can do with the google maps editing features. I don't know about color coding, I guess I can look into it.

#8    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,900 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 05:42 AM

I can't find any official information on 4 shot and beheaded victims, bodies dumped in secondary locations, in Houston in 1979. One woman was beheaded in her apartment and her body found in her apartment, but had not been shot. Another woman was stabbed and not shot in the same apartment complex and no mention of being beheaded in 1999 Houston Chronicle article.

Then I can only find the same repeated internet article (no official reference citations) but no newpaper report on one girl shot (not beheaded) and a boy stabbed and beheaded believed unrelated (to the two woman) that year.

http://www.chron.com...tal-slayin.html

Edited by QuiteContrary, 09 September 2012 - 05:52 AM.

#9    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,346 posts

• Most Thugish Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:25 AM

Brilliant Topic HH!!! Keep em comin!

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/  <~Ancient Aliens DEBUNKED!
I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

#10    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,918 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:32 PM

Very impressive.  Like the idea :clap:

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#11    regi

regi

Poltergeist

• 2,464 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:00 PM

Long Island serial killer.

http://www.en.wikipe...d_serial_killer

http://www.longislandserialkiller.com

#12    H.H. Holmes

H.H. Holmes

Rebel Without A Cause

• 1,672 posts

• I'm going platinum...

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:04 AM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 09 September 2012 - 05:42 AM, said:

I can't find any official information on 4 shot and beheaded victims, bodies dumped in secondary locations, in Houston in 1979. One woman was beheaded in her apartment and her body found in her apartment, but had not been shot. Another woman was stabbed and not shot in the same apartment complex and no mention of being beheaded in 1999 Houston Chronicle article.

Then I can only find the same repeated internet article (no official reference citations) but no newpaper report on one girl shot (not beheaded) and a boy stabbed and beheaded believed unrelated (to the two woman) that year.

http://www.chron.com...tal-slayin.html

I had to dig a little bit, but I found a Houston Chronicle article about the still unsolved killings. The killings are also known as the Orchard Apartments Murders.

http://www.chron.com...ess-3467505.php

#13    H.H. Holmes

H.H. Holmes

Rebel Without A Cause

• 1,672 posts

• I'm going platinum...

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:06 AM

Also, I don't mean for the map to be any deep source of information about the individual killings, but just a springboard for people to get interested in some usnolved cases they have never heard of before.

#14    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,900 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:20 AM

View PostH.H. Holmes, on 10 September 2012 - 03:04 AM, said:

I had to dig a little bit, but I found a Houston Chronicle article about the still unsolved killings. The killings are also known as the Orchard Apartments Murders.

http://www.chron.com...ess-3467505.php

Yes, I live in Houston (new) so was interested in these killings. And yes, I found the same article but only 2 were beheaded and only 1 shot and only 1? head taken from the scene. And police thought Joann and Robert were unrelated to the two women.

Awful and gruesome just the same, I didn't know if you were referring to still other be-headings or confusing them with Dean Corll murders. Thx

#15    H.H. Holmes

H.H. Holmes

Rebel Without A Cause

• 1,672 posts

• I'm going platinum...

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:54 AM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 10 September 2012 - 03:20 AM, said:

Yes, I live in Houston (new) so was interested in these killings. And yes, I found the same article but only 2 were beheaded and only 1 shot and only 1? head taken from the scene. And police thought Joann and Robert were unrelated to the two women.

Awful and gruesome just the same, I didn't know if you were referring to still other be-headings or confusing them with Dean Corll murders. Thx

October 4 would lead them to the body of 16-year-old jean Huffman, shot to death and dumped beside a picnic table with her jeans unzipped. Nearby, her boyfriend's car was found abandoned on a used-car lot, the headless body of its owner, 18-year-old Robert Spangenberger, locked inside the trunk.
Michael Newton. The Encyclopedia of Unsolved Crimes (Kindle Locations 4097-4099). Kindle Edition.

You were right, I must of read through the entry in the book too fast. I corrected the description on the map with the right information. Thanks for pointing that out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users