Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why wont evolution work for you ?

Big cheese

Time and time again I see statements such as why are there still monkeys

We evolved from monkeys ect...Made as an argument against Evolution .To make such a statement shows a lack of understanding of evolution as a working process

So I would like to know is this doubt due to lack of education in this field or has real evidence been found to discredit it

I would like to know why some believers discount evolution

What do you base your doubt on?

What evidence have you found out side of your religious teaching to make you doubt it as a working biological process?

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beckys_Mom

• Bluefinger

• zandore

• seanph

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok first off its that we shared a common Ancestor with Apes, not that we eveloved from Apes :hmm:

Ok first off its that we shared a common Ancestor with Apes, not that we eveloved from Apes :hmm:

:angry: You beat me to it!

What evidence have you found out side of your religious teaching to make you doubt it as a working biological process?

I have no doubt in the biological process of evolution. But just because bilogical evolution exists, dosent mean we evolved from earlier primemates.

I do believe humans were created by aliens cross-mixing their genes with either apes or other primates. :tu::alien:

Edited by Venomshocker

I have no doubt in the biological process of evolution. But just because bilogical evolution exists, dosent mean we evolved from earlier primemates.

I do believe humans were created by aliens cross-mixing their genes with either apes or other primates. :tu::alien:

......lol.......there is clear evidence that shows our exact route of evolution

Most creationists would agree that micro evolution exists but macro evolution is impossible, and has no evidence to support its claims.

......lol.......there is clear evidence that shows our exact route of evolution

Really?????? Show me. :D

FYI, there is still alot of discrepency and debate among anthropolgists what the exact lineage is. People have ruff ideas, but its NOT clear-cut and exact.

Time and time again I see statements such as why are there still monkeys

We evolved from monkeys ect...Made as an argument against Evolution .To make such a statement shows a lack of understanding of evolution as a working process

So I would like to know is this doubt due to lack of education in this field or has real evidence been found to discredit it

What do you base your doubt on?

As far as evolution is concerned, i dont believe in it because of religion, and because scientific tests are almost never accurate. I just cant bring myself to believe that an earth as beautiful as ours was created by a bang, or that Humans were created from...monkeys...

On a more scientific based way of saying it, when it comes to the tests they use to prove their theory, they are almost never accurate, for instance when the blood of a seal, freshly killed at McMurdo Sound in the Antarctic was tested by carbon-14, it showed the seal had died 1,300 years ago

just some thoughts...

Edited by Gwyny

Evidence against evolution, nine points to keep you busy!

1. There are no transitional links and intermediate forms in either the fossil record or the modern world. Therefore, there is no actual evidence that evolution has occurred either in the past or the present.

LINK

2. Natural selection (the supposed evolution mechanism, along with mutations) is incapable of advancing an organism to a "higher-order".

link

3. Although evolutionists state that life resulted from non-life, matter resulted from nothing, and humans resulted from animals, each of these is an impossibility of science and the natural world.

link

4. The supposed hominids (creatures in-between ape and human that evolutionists believe used to exist) bones and skull record used by evolutionists often consists of `finds' which are thoroughly unrevealing and inconsistent. They are neither clear nor conclusive even though evolutionists present them as if they were.

LINK

5. Nine of the twelve popularly supposed hominids are actually extinct apes/ monkeys and not part human at all.

Link

6 The final three supposed hominids put forth by evolutionists are actually modern human beings and not part monkey/ ape at all. Therefore, all twelve of the supposed hominids can be explained as being either fully monkey/ ape or fully modern human but not as something in between.

Link

7. Natural selection can be seen to have insurmountable social and practical inconsistencies.

Link

8. Natural selection has severe logical inconsistencies.

Link

The rock strata finds (layers of buried fossils) are better explained by a universal flood than by evolution.

Link

Edited by Irish

Evidence against religion, nine points to keep you busy!

1-9. religion has severe logical inconsistencies.

Irish just having a bit of fun hope you don't mind LOL

Edited by Sheri berri

Good job you said SOME believers LOL cuz this believer right here ME believes in evolution....yup I sure do...God created the bacteria from which we all evolved

I dont believe in the Adam & Eve Story...LOL :w00t:

As far as evolution is concerned, i dont believe in it because of religion, and because scientific tests are almost never accurate. I just cant bring myself to believe that an earth as beautiful as ours was created by a bang, or that Humans were created from...monkeys...

And what religious tests have been accurate? :hmm:

Adam & Eve never existed..think about it if you can...look at all the asian folk..many kinds black people while folk red, yellow..so what you are saying that Adam & Eve lived for hundreds of years breading all kinds of humans ...lol sorry lovie I dont buy that...but if you buy that story then so be it..but I can think beyond it myself..I dont undestand as to why people cant accept the fact that maybe just maybe God was the one that created the bacteria from which all living things formed.....evolution took time and VOLA here we are today...evolution does not mean there is no God..cuz IMO there is a God and always has been ...cuz God created evolution ^_^

i also found this to be very helpful...

http://www.susancanthony.com/AboutSusan/evolution.html

Browsing around on gwynys link i found this about the source provided by gywny this is taken from that site:

My husband and I have been blessed with excellent Bible teachers in the last few years. At one time we attended three in-depth Bible studies as well as church every week. One of our teachers gave me Ken Ham's series of videos on creation. That led me to read every book I could find on evolution and creation, including Darwin's Origin of Species. I read numerous books attacking creationism, and others attacking the theory of evolution. After reviewing and weighing all the evidence I could find, I am convinced beyond a reasonable doubt that the theory of evolution I was taught cannot be true. That doesn't necessarily mean the Bible is true, of course, but it certainly leaves open the possibility. I continued to study the Bible, and am convinced it could not have been written by humans on their own.

As all this was going on, I found myself speaking to more and more groups of Christian home schoolers who invited me because they liked my books. I was meeting joyful Christians, people I admired. Everything worked together. God had a plan and my mother's prayers were answered. I reconnected with the foundation and the pieces began to come together.

Jesus is Lord! The Bible is true. I am saved by grace. Praise God!

Gwyny why is it that you guys use the bible to prove the bible???

"I continued to study the Bible, and am CONVINCED it could not have been written by humans on their own."

Convinced is the operative word here. one is convinced that the bible is truth over their own truth that is found inside this ladys story illustrates that beautifully....In order for religion to be effective one must be convinced that every thing it knows is wrong and the bible is right ..its not rocket science and then one spends their days arguing about things that make no sense trying to make sense of them......to say evolution just can't be is absurd...LOL

Edited by Sheri berri

1. There are no transitional links and intermediate forms in either the fossil record or the modern world. Therefore, there is no actual evidence that evolution has occurred either in the past or the present.

LINK

Ok...so take the Colorado River. That big ole' thing called the Grand Canyon took a long time to get that way didn't it? One small river made one BIG hole. And along the way, it left it's telltale path of where it used to be and where it flowed, etc. We can SEE history. Well, you can't see evolution and you can't see creationism because they are THEORIES. The difficulty is figuring out HOW we got to where we are today since there is no clearly marked path from where we started to present. I would much rather believe that we evolved from apes (intelligent animals) rather than believe I, a woman, was manifested from a RIB.

2. Natural selection (the supposed evolution mechanism, along with mutations) is incapable of advancing an organism to a "higher-order".

link

So you believe that humans have not evolved? I believe our accomplishments clearly show that we have. We went from building pyramids to building skyscrapers. From stairs to elevators. The abacus to calculators and computers. We are a "higher order" because we continue to challenge ourselves for what we believe is a better lifestyle. All it takes is the ape one day deciding to use a tool...then to build something...you know how the story goes. A new way of thinking is all it is. The more thinking done by an individual, the more progress they will make in life. Albert Einstein decided that E should equal MC squared. Hence pushing the human race CLOSER to a more knowledgable world. People were sword fighting a thousand years ago and now we can launch nukes around the world and send rockets and probes into our universe. This is a form of EVOLVING.

3. Although evolutionists state that life resulted from non-life, matter resulted from nothing, and humans resulted from animals, each of these is an impossibility of science and the natural world.

link

Bread. Moisture. Put them in your cupboard and forget about it for a month. You get mold. Something DIFFERENT caused by the mixture of two things. Cross-breeding. Ligers. Do that for millions and billions of years throughout history and tell me...what is the possibility?

4. The supposed hominids (creatures in-between ape and human that evolutionists believe used to exist) bones and skull record used by evolutionists often consists of `finds' which are thoroughly unrevealing and inconsistent. They are neither clear nor conclusive even though evolutionists present them as if they were.

LINK

Evolution is a theory. Creationism is a theory. Not one single PROVEN FACT has been shown or reproduced from that book, the Bible, that was written 2 thousand years ago. No one can find one single remnant from those stories. Now, the people looking for something to prove evolution...I mean come on. They are trying to find things from thousands and thousands and millions and millions of years ago. Give them some credit. You show me the Holy Grail or Noah's Ark and then we can talk.

5. Nine of the twelve popularly supposed hominids are actually extinct apes/ monkeys and not part human at all.

6 The final three supposed hominids put forth by evolutionists are actually modern human beings and not part monkey/ ape at all. Therefore, all twelve of the supposed hominids can be explained as being either fully monkey/ ape or fully modern human but not as something in between.

Link

Ok...twelve hominids. Out of an entire era of life on this planet over the last 15-20 billion years. At least they are TRYING. Show me how a snake can talk and a woman can be made from a man's rib...or better yet, how 7 billion different cultured, different colored people came from TWO people in just a few thousand years and then we can talk.

7. Natural selection can be seen to have insurmountable social and practical inconsistencies.

8. Natural selection has severe logical inconsistencies.

Link

Ditto about creationism. Global flood...still working on it. The Red Sea was parted...ah, well, still working on proving that too. I'm not debating Jesus was real or anything, but not the son of God, not from a virgin mother, and not resurrected. That whole story is INCONSISTANT with SCIENCE.

9. The rock strata finds (layers of buried fossils) are better explained by a universal flood than by evolution.

Link

But still not proven.

All I'm saying is that Evolution and Creationism are THEORIES. Don't bring proof into the argument because it doesn't hold up either way. We may not know the truth for a million years, if ever. We could find out tomorrow that one is true and the other isn't. Or perhaps, they are both wrong and a whole other theory that has not been realized is the truth. Maybe they are both right (see quote below). I don't know, you don't know, no one does. But if one theory is found to be correct, do you really think the rest of the population who believes otherwise will just convert? No. Say evolution is proven correct. Creationists will not suddenly go "ohhhhhh, damn, oh well, when is the next evolution class." Do you think Evolutionists will suddenly become followers of God if Creationism was proven? No. People will still debate this even if there is proof because the other side will always say it isn't real.

God created evolution ^_^

Finally! Another person who shares my POV! Thank you for reiterating a perfectly plausible argument :)

there is a mound of fossil evedence showing many transisional speicies including fish, birds, early humans, amphibians, scorpions and spiders. there is much more evedence of evolution than of creation of all life as it is by a god

. This is a form of EVOLVING.

Bread. Moisture. Put them in your cupboard and forget about it for a month. You get mold. Something DIFFERENT caused by the mixture of two things. Cross-breeding. Ligers. Do that for millions and billions of years throughout history and tell me...what is the possibility?

This is true...very true

When you leave anything mouldy sitting for a while you bread all sorts...it happens :yes:

i hate when people use the bible to prove the bible.

i was at that dumb godhatesamerica site, and in there FAQ, it says, "how do you know the bible is right", and there answer is "when you look deep inside, you know its right." what a load of crap.

i myself tink jesus was a mentally unstable person. (no offense)

becuase if you look at some famous serial killers, they thought they were jesus, (such as the man who started the waco incident).

i think jesus was simply the first person to "think they were jesus" lol. if you get what i mean.

i hate when people use the bible to prove the bible.

i was at that dumb godhatesamerica site, and in there FAQ, it says, "how do you know the bible is right", and there answer is "when you look deep inside, you know its right." what a load of crap.

becuase if you look at some famous serial killers, they thought they were jesus, (such as the man who started the waco incident).

i think jesus was simply the first person to "think they were jesus" lol. if you get what i mean.

So because there where a few unstable serial killers that went on killing sprees..and called themselves Jesus that must mean that Jesus himself was mentally unstable??? that dont make sense

So if a number of famous people went on more killing spree's and called themselves - Buddha...would this mean Buddha was ALSO mentally unstable? :hmm: come on lad get a grip :sleepy:Dont insult Jesus like that

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Darwin was never touted as infallable and yes, the theory has changed since he originally brought forth his theory. If it is wrong and there is evidence to show this fact, as it already has, it changes the theory. One difference doesn't prove the theory wrong because the theory can be modified. Think about it like this "PI is 3.1, wait no 3.14... wait no 3.141..." Do you get my meaning?

Geometry isn't wrong because the area of the circle cannot be exactly accurate when children use imprecise measurements, but its getting closer all the time. Tell me, what is PI exactly? Do you not believe in Geometry? No, it takes a little faith to realize that while it is "correct," we may never know what it is exactly. Herein lies the problem. Some people have trouble putting faith in two different things. Can you be Christian an still believe in evolution? I submit that you can... as surely as you can be Christian and believe that a circle with a two foot radius has an area of six point two eight square feet and that a full orbit of the earth around the sun takes 365.25 day (give or take.) This is an oversimplification to be sure, but I think the point is valid.

EDIT Evidently there is a movie called "PI" that I have never seen. This is in no way a reference to it.

EDIT 2, well I hope nobody saw the messed up math... was running on no sleep...I'll keep it here to teach me humility and as a warning to others not to post while exhausted. :blush:

Edited by Malfeas

3.14159 , that's as far as i can remember , but it is a number that has an infinate number of decimal places of non repeating numbers

LINK

All this proves is a lack of definitive evidence, not a lack of evolution

Please define higher order. :hmm:

Assumptions nothing more, can you prove its impossible, no.

see response to point one.

9. The rock strata finds (layers of buried fossils) are better explained by a universal flood than by evolution.

A Universal flood is an impossibility, not enough water.

I think people forget that artificial selection can be seen everywhere today .pedigree dog’s agricultural livestock have all been selectively bred through successive generations as to enhance pacific biological traits this is artificial selection would the people who doubt evolution agree that this exists as a process ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artificial_selection

edit added as after thought

As an after thought this search for a transitional species implies that Evolution is a sudden event this is clearly not the case its the gradual adaptation over time however there are some residual left over’s from previous forms that can be found in life today Google for a pick of a python skeleton and ask your self why does it have an obsolete leg structure within its anatomy

Edited by Big cheese

Link transitional species

Some discount it because it is not in the the Bible. Some because they just don't believe it could happen. When it comes right down to it, evolution cannot be proven on a macro-scale.

Personally, I don't have anything against the evolutionary possibility. It makes some amount of sense. What it does not do though is disprove God. Some think that just because there's evolution then God dissapears in a puff of proverbial smoke. If evolution exists, I see it as the vehicle by which God created the earth. The one doesn't preclude the other.

Except that Jesus didn't tell his followers to lock themselves in a room and set the building on fire...... *coughcoughdavidkoreshcough*

Regards, PA