Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Spirit Stones - 40's and 50's in WA Australia

spirit stones australia

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,025 posts

• My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:13 AM

View PostOrdinaryClay, on 03 October 2013 - 03:55 AM, said:

You're explanation is as hard to believe as the original story. Someone would have to be the stupidest person on the planet to confuse sandstorm driven rocks with poltergeist activity. The American dust bowl suffered catastrophic dust and sand storms and rocks were never involved. The wind needed to carry rocks in large numbers for long distances would need to be very, very high and sustained. There would be no mistaking what was going on.

I know you want desperately to come up with an answer, but you are better off just not providing one rather than posing absurd explanations.

I see you are back to your trolling ways.
Good luck.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#17    Sunny Day

Sunny Day

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 192 posts

• Learn, wonder, smile...

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:29 AM

tedthebug, I finally actually read the article and it was interesting in that it said the rocks hit hard enough to break windows etc.  The Aussie stories sometimes involve warm pebbles coming seemingly from the ceiling at times in a soft manner.  Thanks for the link.

So now, unfortunately, I am less and less inclined to see much truth to the stories.  The thing with Aussies is, we likes our booze.  A lot, a LOT(!) of alcohol gets drunk down the local and some people are quite competitive.  Meaning, the story gets bigger and bigger each telling.  That's why, when Brian reminded me of this (correct) information, I sat here nodding sadly.  Aside from that, the Aborigines are very spiritual and have their own beliefs which would have, no doubt, added influence as well.

Ordinary Clay, I do think you are being a bit rude to Brian.  There's room here for everyone's explanation.  I appreciate everyone's input as it looks at this from all angles.  :tu:

#18    OrdinaryClay

OrdinaryClay

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:52 PM

View PostSunny Day, on 03 October 2013 - 11:29 AM, said:

tedthebug, I finally actually read the article and it was interesting in that it said the rocks hit hard enough to break windows etc.  The Aussie stories sometimes involve warm pebbles coming seemingly from the ceiling at times in a soft manner.  Thanks for the link.

So now, unfortunately, I am less and less inclined to see much truth to the stories.  The thing with Aussies is, we likes our booze.  A lot, a LOT(!) of alcohol gets drunk down the local and some people are quite competitive.  Meaning, the story gets bigger and bigger each telling.  That's why, when Brian reminded me of this (correct) information, I sat here nodding sadly.  Aside from that, the Aborigines are very spiritual and have their own beliefs which would have, no doubt, added influence as well.

Ordinary Clay, I do think you are being a bit rude to Brian.  There's room here for everyone's explanation.  I appreciate everyone's input as it looks at this from all angles.  :tu:
Hi,

1) I don't know if the stories are true or not. I have not vetted the testimonies to establish whether I place any stock in them.
2) I don't care if any one believes the stories or not. It all boils down to whether someone believes the testimony, considering the purported events are not empirically studiedly.
3) My post simply pointed out the absurdity of the counter explanation. This was not being rude.

#19    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

• 3,025 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:01 PM

View PostOrdinaryClay, on 03 October 2013 - 08:52 PM, said:

Hi,

1) I don't know if the stories are true or not. I have not vetted the testimonies to establish whether I place any stock in them.
2) I don't care if any one believes the stories or not. It all boils down to whether someone believes the testimony, considering the purported events are not empirically studiedly.
3) My post simply pointed out the absurdity of the counter explanation. This was not being rude.

1. Yes but you utterly disagree with out doing any research yourself (as per usual)
2. Yes you did, you wouldn't of posted here.
3. You didn't research to disprove it, you just wanted to stir the pot.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#20    OrdinaryClay

OrdinaryClay

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:38 AM

View PostBrian Topp, on 03 October 2013 - 10:01 PM, said:

1. Yes but you utterly disagree with out doing any research yourself (as per usual)
2. Yes you did, you wouldn't of posted here.
3. You didn't research to disprove it, you just wanted to stir the pot.
I am familiar with what occurred in the American dust bowl, and what was carried by the wind and what was deposited. It does not require research to know that it takes high velocity winds to lift and carry rocks for long distances. It is common sense to conclude a person would be a fool to mistake winds of sufficient velocity and duration to carry these rocks with paranormal activity.

#21    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

• 3,025 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:29 AM

View PostOrdinaryClay, on 04 October 2013 - 02:38 AM, said:

I am familiar with what occurred in the American dust bowl, and what was carried by the wind and what was deposited. It does not require research to know that it takes high velocity winds to lift and carry rocks for long distances. It is common sense to conclude a person would be a fool to mistake winds of sufficient velocity and duration to carry these rocks with paranormal activity.

I never said long distances, You added that yourself. And it is not a paranormal ability.

You Need to reread what i said

Edited by Brian Topp, 04 October 2013 - 03:34 AM.

#22    Sunny Day

Sunny Day

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:42 AM

The stories from America differ from the stories from Australia, as I mentioned above.

I been talking 'pebbles', you been talking 'rocks'.  No wonder people get into arguments around here, sheesh.

1.  Since I was the OP I just wanted to update others on my view.
2.  I don't care if any one believes the stories or not. It all boils down to whether someone believes the testimony, considering the purported events are not empirically studiedly [sic]
3.  The use of numbered points seems a little unnecessary TBH.

So in summary, I don't care, you don't care and I'm betting Brian don't care.  We'll all go our separate ways for now.

#23    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

• 3,025 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:43 AM

View PostSunny Day, on 04 October 2013 - 03:42 AM, said:

The stories from America differ from the stories from Australia, as I mentioned above.

I been talking 'pebbles', you been talking 'rocks'.  No wonder people get into arguments around here, sheesh.

2.  I don't care if any one believes the stories or not. It all boils down to whether someone believes the testimony, considering the purported events are not empirically studiedly [sic]

So in summary, I don't care, you don't care and I'm betting Brian don't care.  We'll all go our separate ways for now.

I am refering to pebbles also.

#24    OrdinaryClay

OrdinaryClay

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:01 AM

View PostBrian Topp, on 04 October 2013 - 03:29 AM, said:

I never said long distances, You added that yourself. And it is not a paranormal ability.

You Need to reread what i said
The thread is available for everyone to reread.

Stones from blue skies implies distance.

View PostSunny Day, on 04 October 2013 - 03:42 AM, said:

The documentary you stated called them stones. So what size "pebbles" are you referring to?

Edited by OrdinaryClay, 04 October 2013 - 05:04 AM.

#25    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

• 3,025 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:53 PM

oh now you trying to be ignorant. ok ordinary,  you are just being an instigator as usual and no matter what I say, what research i show you will try and make a fight out of it. as stated australians are prone to embellish, you arent australian, you aren't even educated about the events that happened.
I swear, you and zoser are relatives.

#26    Sunny Day

Sunny Day

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:58 AM

Funny, funny, fun fun :clap:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users