Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 4 votes

Did man and dinosaur co-exist?

• Please log in to reply
477 replies to this topic

#31    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 34,346 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:18 PM

View PostHarsh86_Patel, on 13 September 2012 - 06:01 PM, said:

Says who?

What do you mean says who, are you going to try to preach to us about something you evidently cannot bring arguable arguments for?

We get enough of that at church, thank you.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#32    Harsh86_Patel

Harsh86_Patel

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

• If you stare into the abyss,the abyss stares back into you

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:24 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 13 September 2012 - 06:18 PM, said:

What do you mean says who, are you going to try to preach to us about something you evidently cannot bring arguable arguments for?

We get enough of that at church, thank you.
If you still go you should probably listen to a few aspects

#33    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,070 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:28 PM

View PostHarsh86_Patel, on 13 September 2012 - 06:11 PM, said:

What proof you have that birds are evolved from dinos? Archeopetryx is no more accepted as the link.

Ah, that's true, more or less.

Check "China" & "Bird evolution".

#34    Quaentum

Quaentum

Psychic Spy

• 1,436 posts

• The number of fringe believers is inversely proportional to what is left to discover in our world.

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:30 PM

What proof you have that birds are evolved from dinos? Archeopetryx is no more accepted as the link.

I believe birds are the only animals on Earth that have feathers.

Here is a list of dinosaur species preserved with evidence of feathers.   http://en.wikipedia....thered_dinosaur
What do you think the reason dinosaurs would have feathers if they weren't in the process of evolving into birds?

AA LOGIC
They didn't use thousands of workers - oops forgot about the work camps
There's no evidence for ramps - You found one?...Bummer
Well we know they didn't use ancient tools to cut and shape the stones - Chisel marks?  Craps
I still say aliens built them!

#35    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 34,346 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:32 PM

View PostHarsh86_Patel, on 13 September 2012 - 06:24 PM, said:

If you still go you should probably listen to a few aspects

Yep, like there is a saddle that Adam used to ride a Dino.

If I go it is because somebody I respect values my going to a function. For me they could close the things as popular-dumbing-down institutions.

Edited by questionmark, 13 September 2012 - 06:34 PM.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#36    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,070 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:32 PM

View PostHarsh86_Patel, on 13 September 2012 - 03:22 PM, said:

potassium argon dating is highly erroneous and inaccurate and stupid.

http://en.wikipedia....i/K–Ar_dating

Can you give as a link to a scientific paper (not funded by a Creationist organisation) about that?

#37    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,070 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:43 PM

A question, Hash, since you appear not to accept evolution theory:

Can you explain to me why  ceteceans (whales and dolphins)  have rudimentairy hip bones and hind-limb bones?

http://etb-whales.bl...hales_1221.html

Edited by Abramelin, 13 September 2012 - 06:44 PM.

#38    Quaentum

Quaentum

Psychic Spy

• 1,436 posts

• The number of fringe believers is inversely proportional to what is left to discover in our world.

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:51 PM

View PostQuaentum, on 13 September 2012 - 04:08 PM, said:

Sorry but creationist websites are highly unreliable where impartiality and critical thinking are concerned IMO.

View PostHarsh86_Patel, on 13 September 2012 - 06:09 PM, said:

So are Dogma throwing, Gospel quoting, evolutionists but you don't seem to have a problem with that..........check the references and read the information provided and evaluate it using your native intelligence............if alchemist can also be scientists (Newton) why can't valid information be found on creationist sites?

I'm looking real hard but can't seem to see where I said valid information couldn't be found.  Perhaps you can quote and highlight the text I seem to be missing.

AA LOGIC
Well we know they didn't use ancient tools to cut and shape the stones - Chisel marks?  Craps

#39    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,070 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:53 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 13 September 2012 - 03:43 PM, said:

If modern humans had lived at the same time as the dinosaurs, humans would have gone the way of the dinosaurs.

And we would have found more than just same vague human-looking tracks crossing dinosaur tracks, we would have found fossilized human remains in the same layers as where the dinosaur bones were found.

And if humans lived back then, so did all the present mammals and other animals. Elephants and hippos would soon have been whiped out by T-Rex and his family.

There is scientific proof the dinosaurs died off after an impact of an asteroid in Yucatan, maybe in combination with the climatic changes and poisonous gasses caused by the volcanic eruptions and lava flows of/in the Deccan Traps.

They have found layers of ash (impact) that form a boundary: below it they found dinosaur fossils, above it no dinosaur fossils (and yes, I know, some dinosaurs lingered on for thousands of years after the impact before they went extinct).

If you believe we humans lived then, why are we still here?

Edited by Abramelin, 13 September 2012 - 07:01 PM.

#40    Quaentum

Quaentum

Psychic Spy

• 1,436 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:57 PM

There is even evidence in the laboratory of evolution

http://www.newscient...in-the-lab.html

AA LOGIC

#41    dlonewolf85

dlonewolf85

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 228 posts

• I'm not a bad boy,

But just misunderstood!!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:57 PM

Whoa! Did I actually make any claims about birds being dinosaurs? What I said was, and I quote, "If I am correct, birds are the evolved form of the original feathered dinosaurs a.k.a. the theropod dinosaurs. Hence, man and dinos co-exist even today!". I also did say that I was a real wolf in an earlier post. Dude, asking people to prove everything they say, whether it's an individual view according to one's understanding and knowledge for the sake of a conversation or just something said for the sake of humor, could be pretty dull and boring. Don't you think? Okay, so what, even if I was right or wrong in that birds aren't dinosaurs? Who cares? Oh, wait... you do! Haha.

BTW, just so you know, (and I am no expert), but having feathers is said to be, in itself, a distinctive feature of some of the dinosaurs of some (blah, blah) period. But that's just what I had read somewhere at some point of my life, and I do not desire nor intend to contest it in any way. I sincerely suggest you visit a museum. I wish you good luck with that... :tu:

∂ Ѡοɭ ʄ85

#42    Mr Supertypo

Mr Supertypo

Hi...

• 1,769 posts

• not for nothing, but you sound like a half [...]

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:03 PM

View Postthe L, on 13 September 2012 - 05:25 PM, said:

You know Martin Mystere? Im impressed. Yes it was great comic. Nostalgic avatar to me. I remember careless childhood.
Where are you from?

Java was from Mongolia. Thats why I like him even more.

Let me guess you are Mongolian? I loved the ancient war between Mu and Atlantis that shaped our world into existence. Martin that keep stumbling on thise ancient remains and technology and sometimes they are still active. You have no idea how much that made me dream in my teens. Anyways we can continue with PM's. :)

Finally got my black belt....

#43    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,070 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:09 PM

View Postdlonewolf85, on 13 September 2012 - 06:57 PM, said:

Whoa! Did I actually make any claims about birds being dinosaurs? What I said was, and I quote, "If I am correct, birds are the evolved form of the original feathered dinosaurs a.k.a. the theropod dinosaurs. Hence, man and dinos co-exist even today!". I also did say that I was a real wolf in an earlier post. Dude, asking people to prove everything they say, whether it's an individual view according to one's understanding and knowledge for the sake of a conversation or just something said for the sake of humor, could be pretty dull and boring. Don't you think? Okay, so what, even if I was right or wrong in that birds aren't dinosaurs? Who cares? Oh, wait... you do! Haha.

BTW, just so you know, (and I am no expert), but having feathers is said to be, in itself, a distinctive feature of some of the dinosaurs of some (blah, blah) period. But that's just what I had read somewhere at some point of my life, and I do not desire nor intend to contest it in any way. I sincerely suggest you visit a museum. I wish you good luck with that... :tu:

After a century of hypotheses without conclusive evidence, well-preserved fossils of feathered dinosaurs were discovered during the 1990s, and more continue to be found. The fossils were preserved in a Lagerstätte — a sedimentary deposit exhibiting remarkable richness and completeness in its fossils — in Liaoning, China. The area had repeatedly been smothered in volcanic ash produced by eruptions in Inner Mongolia 124 million years ago, during the Early Cretaceous Period. The fine-grained ash preserved the living organisms that it buried in fine detail. The area was teeming with life, with millions of leaves, angiosperms (the oldest known), insects, fish, frogs, salamanders, mammals, turtles, and lizards discovered to date.

The most important discoveries at Liaoning have been a host of feathered dinosaur fossils, with a steady stream of new finds filling in the picture of the dinosaur-bird connection and adding more to theories of the evolutionary development of feathers and flight. Norell et al. (2007) reported quill knobs from an ulna of Velociraptor mongoliensis, and these are strongly correlated with large and well-developed secondary feathers.

A nesting Citipati osmolskae specimen, at the AMNH.Behavioural evidence, in the form of an oviraptorosaur on its nest, showed another link with birds. Its forearms were folded, like those of a bird. Although no feathers were preserved, it is likely that these would have been present to insulate eggs and juveniles

http://en.wikipedia....thered_dinosaur

#44    dlonewolf85

dlonewolf85

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 228 posts

• I'm not a bad boy,

But just misunderstood!!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:13 PM

Thanks Abramelin... You saved my lazy a$$ of the trouble! lol.

∂ Ѡοɭ ʄ85

#45    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,070 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:20 PM

View Postdlonewolf85, on 13 September 2012 - 07:13 PM, said:

Thanks Abramelin... You saved my lazy a$$ of the trouble! lol.

Birds... they are my thing. Well, corvids, actually.

No problems here, I didn't 'correct ' you, I only added.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users