Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Maya Calendar Needs Shifting, Says Author

Still Waters

According to many Maya scholars, December 21, 2012 corresponded to the end of a Great Cycle in the Maya calendar. Prophets of doom, who predicted the "end of the world" as we know it, and their opposing naysayers, focused on the date with much anticipation. That day came and went as any other day. It appeared that the naysayers were correct.

But not so fast, says at least one author.

http://popular-archa...ng-says-author1

So the Mayans were right after all but the world didn't end.

Sounds very much to me like a typical example of trying to retrospectively fit things to your own particular pet theory, in order to sell books.

We've never heard of anyone doing that before, have we?

:innocent:

• Like 1

As per the artcile, the mayan calendar as we know needs shifting backward and not forward and by 8 years!!

We know, of course, that on December 21, 2012, none of these events happened. But, says King, on December 26, 2004, the date that corresponds to the 8-year correction, very similar events actually did occur.She sites the occurrence of astronomical alignments "with a strong correlation to the ancient Maya calculations". Moreover, she points out that on that day, the earth was affected by a powerful blast of gamma rays that, according to NASA, wiped out sensors on their gamma ray tracking satellite, Swift, and was detected by other satellites, adversely effecting communication across the Pacific for hours. Also on that same day, a major Indian Ocean earthquake resulted in the massive tsunami that killed more than 350,000 people from Indonesia to the coast of Africa and inundating coastal communities with waves up to 30 meters (98 ft) high. According to scientific reports, the energy released was the equivalent totwenty thousand nuclear bombs, a force so great that it affected the rotation of the Earth.

Did the world end?

No.

End of story!

Go about your life, folks!

:sleepy:

What a load of crap! The world didn't end & the calendar that the experts said was the prophesied end didn't happen.It goes to show that we have all been blindly fooled! Wake up world!

Edited by GirlfromOz

All this is such disrespect to the Mayans. It's making them seem like they where stupid when inf act they are not and never said the world was ending. It does not mentiont he world ending once in Mayan prophecies.

All that happened was that one calender ended.... Then guess what? Another one started. :whistle:

The problem is idiots not understanding what "end" means. It means the end of something, in this case a calender or time which is obvious but as usual modern people associate it with doom and gloom.

Instead of listening to idiots who are tying to make theories, listen to someone who actually knows:

[media=]

[/media]

And by the way, even NASA was wrong about it and told everyone the wrong information. lol

Edited by Coffey

Now that we have eight years of history since the cyclic change occurred, I am willing to bet we can make the "shoe fit." People are building entire careers around this calendar as a prophetic tool. I suspect the Mayans might find us rather amusing.

Looks like we have somebody here who did not make enough money the first time around, now he wants to go into overtime....

Looks like we have somebody here who did not make enough money the first time around, now he wants to go into overtime....

She could be mistaken for a man.

http://anthrojournal.com/author/dale-e-king

She could be mistaken for a man.

http://anthrojournal...hor/dale-e-king

Looks like we have somebody here who did not make enough money the first time around, now she wants to go into overtime.

Better?

Well the World did end for a great many people that day.

I wouldn't be surprised if the author's evidence was manipulated to fit in with that date.

i see people are still milking this dead cow

lack of imagination my friend, just lack of imagination.

But maybe this gal will cause another furor that will make walk around with a big smirk on my face a whole day long....

No the date was right... we all died 4 months ago. The title of this article needs to be changed

how many times do we we as one big human family need to go through this i mean people and so called prophets have predicted the end of times a total of 245 times so the answer no the world is not going to end or the calendar was not wrong in fact for those fear mongering people and that thrive on this B.S STOP DOIN THIS.make money in the honest way.and the mayans themselves never predicted this in the 1st place boom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! there are some facts for you all easily deceived people.

I have a calendar that ends on December 31 2013, sooo lets all assume the earth will be destroyed by some giant planet that is hiding behind the sun?

• Like 2

give it up guys. the mayans are now considered as fakes. Old news.

Well NASA just recently admitted that we would be helpless if a fair sized asteroid were to be on a collision course with the earth.

give it up guys. the mayans are now considered as fakes. Old news.

The Mayans should not be considered as fakes at all.

Al lthey did was create a calendar which ended on a particular date. Maybe they were lazy to create another one.

The mayans NEVER EVER did make any prophesy that the world will end on such and such date.

The fakes are those who interpreted the Calendar ending as the end of the world., for their own personal gain by selling books, lectures to rake in the moolah out of gullible folks.,

Edited by The_Spartan
  • Like 4

You guys got the date wrong. Trust me. I have physic powers. I predict the world will end sometime many many days to come.