Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Religions of the World

Loge

user posted image

Myth: A popular belief or story that is associated with hermetic symbols used in order to illustrate hidden spiritual truths!

Only the one who knows the truth can create a Myth. A Philosopher who does not know how to lie is because he does not know the truth!

A Myth is a coffer within which is stored psychological or spiritual valuables.

One of the Greatest Myth is:

The Holy Trinity or the Three Primary Forces of the Universe: Centrifugal, Centripetal and Neutral or Stabilizing.

Science: Proton, Neutron, Electron

Christianity: Father, Son and Holy Spirit

Kabbalah: Kether, Chokmah, Binah

Hinduism: Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva

Edda: Odin, Balder, Thor

Aztec: Ometecutli, Quetzalcoatl Tlaloc

Popol Vuh – Mayan Bible: Hurricane, Tepeu, Gucumatz

Egyptian: Osiris, Isis Horus

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loge

• The Raven

• Me_Again

• Ashley-Star*Child

Symbols of the Cosmic Christ in Pre-Columbian America

user posted image

user posted image

The Feathered Serpent is the Archetype of the Divine Human. It is the union of heaven (divine) and earth (human), the divine-human. The Feathered (Precious) Serpent or Plumed-Serpent was known as Quetzalcoatl. As a spiritual teacher, Quetzalcoatl brought to the people the knowledge of the ‘light body’ and the process of symbolic death and re-birth through ritualistic water immersions and was seen as the ‘once and future king’ destined to return when the world was at it's darkest.

The word Quetzalcoatl is derived from Quetzal and Coatl - literally Quetzal Serpent. A Quetzal is a brightly plumed tropical bird with brilliant bronze, green and red plumage. Coatl is the sacred snake whose movements mirror the way that Kundalini energy moves up the spinal column awakening the wheels of light that surround each of the major body centers. When this serpentine energy reaches the pituitary gland, the pineal gland and the crown chakra at the top of the head, we become one with the light of the heavens and the dark of the earth. Quetzal is the sacred bird that connects Earthly power with the Heavenly realms of the universe. Together the Quetzal and the Coatl are the creatures that are closest to the earth and heaven as well as representing the sacred balance of female and male.

user posted image

Quetzalcoatl was known as Kukulcan by the Mayas, Viracocha by the Incas and Gukumatz by the Quiche Maya. Each was associated with Venus, the Morning Star. According to Frank Waters in his Mexico Mystique:

user posted image

“Quetzalcoatl was a uniting symbol achieving union of opposites: heaven and earth, morning and evening star, matter and spirit… the transcendental meaning of this great myth is clear. It is an expression of the universal doctrine of sin and redemption, of death and resurrection, the transfiguration of man into god… this myth, in the broadest possible terms, enunciates the principle of all Creation: the incarnation of divine light, purity, and spirituality into gross matter; and then the agonizing redemption of matter by spirituality—the immortal theme of all world religions.”

user posted image

VIRACOCHA from Peru-Inca

The supreme deity of the Incas,Viracocha was a storm god and a sun god,who was represented as wearing the sun for a crown,with thunderbolts in his hands,and tears descending from his eyes as rain. Like Odin,his wandered the earth disguised as a beggar,and wept when he saw the plight of the creatures he had created,but knew that he must sustain them.Viracocha made the earth,the stars,the sky and mankind,but his first creation displeased him,so he destroyed it with a flood,and made a new,better one,taking to his wanderings as a beggar,teaching his new creations the rudiments of civilisation,as well as working numerous miracles. Viracocha eventually disappeared across the Pacific Ocean,and never returned

If I'm not mistaken it should be

Edda:

Odin (Spirit)

Vili (Will)

Ve (Holy)

Sons of Börr and Bestla...Does that make more sense?

If I'm not mistaken it should be

Edda:

Odin (Spirit)

Vili (Will)

Ve (Holy)

Sons of Börr and Bestla...Does that make more sense?

429631[/snapback]

user posted image

Well, alchemically speaking in the Germanic Edda, Balder or Baldur is the Christ, the Son of Odin or Son of Man (human soul) who was assassinated by Hodur, God of War, with an arrow made from a twig of mistletoe. Loki or Satan, the God of evil and mischief; was the instigator of Balder's death. etc.

user posted image

Thor is the Norse God of Thunder. He is also a son of Odin and one of the most powerful Gods; he represents the Fire of Kundalini or the Sexual Fire of the Holy Spirit.

Usually, He was portrayed as a big, powerful man with a red beard and eyes of lighting. Despite his ferocious appearance, he was very popular as the defender of both gods and humans against the forces of evil.

Norse initiates visualized him during the sexual act as a thunderstorm of fire descending from heaven and riding a chariot pulled by goats Tanngrisni (symbol of sexual potency). Lightning flashed whenever they imagine a human defect that they wish to destroy with their sexual power, this power was symbolize by his hammer Mjollnir. Thor wears the belt Megingjard (symbol of sexual transmutation) which doubles his already considerable strength. His hall is Bilskirnir (symbol of the sexual organs), which is located in the region Thrudheim ("place of might"). His greatest enemy is Jormungand, the Midgard Serpent of Fornication or Tempting Serpent of Eden.

His Teutonic equivalent is Donar, the Romans saw in him their god Jupiter. Thursday (Thor's-day) is named after him.

I see you know quite a lot and I agree with that, I was thinking of something else. I am confused about how you can relate Thor's items and symbols to anything sexual besides being such a strong, burly man.

Balder is indeed a wonderul god, the most beautiful of all of the gods, but by assassinated I am not sure who you mean, Odin or Balder? Balder was dreaming of his death when Frigg had nature and her forces make sure they would never hurt Balder, thus Balder was thought to be invincible and was willingly used for target practice among other things. Loki was angry with this, and disguised himself and asked Frigg if there was anything that had not agreed to hurt Balder. There was, the mistletoe, since she thought it be far too small to ask for an oath. Loki once again used his trickery and tricked Hod, Balder's blind brother the God of Darkness and Winter to throw a dart of mistletoe at Balder. Using Loki for help aiming, the dart struck Balder in the heart and he fell dead. Balder was sent to Helheim and the gods pleaded for his release and were told that if all things wept for Balder, he would be released. Everyone wept, except for the disguised Loki. Thus, Balder shall be trapped in Helheim until Ragnarok.

Loki has indeed been a primal image of Satan in some eyes, but I simply see him as a trickster, since he has saved and helped the gods dearly very many times, until now, being bound under Midgard.

Edited by The Raven

What we call Greek mythology, was a religion to thousands thousands of years ago. It is rather improper that we label outdated religions as mythology and write them off as absurd yet many today still hold similar beliefs. Mythology is the key to religous evolution. I believe it was Jung who stated that all religions revolve around certain archetypes such as the cross, angels, demons, priest, resurections, etc...

What we call Greek mythology, was a religion to thousands thousands of years ago. It is rather improper that we label outdated religions as mythology and write them off as absurd yet many today still hold similar beliefs. Mythology is the key to religous evolution. I believe it was Jung who stated that all religions revolve around certain archetypes such as the cross, angels, demons, priest, resurections, etc...

430973[/snapback]

user posted image

Without me there is no religion, because I am the one who rebinds man and woman and give them knowldege! My Greek name is Prometheus!

Because Ashley's talked to God and knows everything about Him. yes.gif

Wow, and judging by YOUR sig, it looks like you have a delusion about BEING God.

You only understand 'religions', not God.

431545[/snapback]

sleepy.gif

user posted image

“Demonius Est Deus Inversus”: The Demon is God, but inverted.

The Inferno is the womb of Heaven. The other face of God is in the Averno.

The Averno is the shadow of light.

rolleyes.gif

The Ark of Noah

user posted image

From Myer’s Qabbalah

"The diagram shown above is also reproduced in The Rosicrucians, by Hargrave Jennings. This author adds to the original diagram appearing in Antiquitatum Judaicarum Libri IX the signs of the zodiac, placing Aries at the head and continuing in sequential order to Leo, which occupies the fifth cross section of the ark. Jennings assigns the panel containing the door to the undivided constellation of Virgo-Libra-Scorpio (which is continued into the first subdivision of the second section) and the remaining four cross sections to the constellations from Sagittarius to Pisces inclusive. "When the androgenic Scorpio-Virgo was separated and the Balance or Harmony made from Scorpio, and placed between Scorpio, i.e., male, and Virgo, i.e., female, then appeared the 12 constellations or signs, as we now have them.

The ark is three stories high (perhaps to symbolize Heaven, Man, Earth). In the figure of the Man, notice the parting of the hair in the middle of the forehead and the arrangement of the beard, whiskers, moustache and the hair, on the back of the neck and shoulders."

protons, neutrons, and electrons are not the fundementals of matter

Edited by seeking

Loge,

Will you tell me more about Prometheus. My astrological interpretation said that I should study this figure, to learn more about myself huh.gifw00t.gif

and BTW, what do you do for a living? Just wondering, while I'm wandering thumbsup.gif

Loge,

Will you tell me more about Prometheus. My astrological interpretation said that I should study this figure, to learn more about myself  huh.gif  w00t.gif

and BTW, what do you do for a living? Just wondering, while I'm wandering  thumbsup.gif

435400[/snapback]

user posted image

Prometheus is the Jesus-Christ of the Greek Mythology. He is the friend of man; as creative fire, he stands between the unjust "justice" of the Gods and the race of mortals, and readily suffers within them all things on their account.

It is unquestionable that Prometheus is the shadow of our own Spirit within us.

Prometheus (as uncreated fire) was a titanic force that existed long before Zeus took the Throne of Eternity. He fought for Zeus against the devising Kronos (time), but Prometheus (as tempter) never had true respect for Zeus.

In Greek Mythology Prometheus (as sexual creative fire) is the creator of man.

The immortal Prometheus, was crucified on the pinnacle of Mount Caucasus (symbol of the sexual organs, Yesod), and a vulture (Lust) was placed over his liver to torment him throughout eternity by clawing and rending his flesh with its talons (another allegory instead of the lance of Longinus).

Prometheus disobeyed the edict of Zeus by bringing the creative fire and immortality to man (through Tantric Knowledge), so for man he suffered until the coming of Hercules (the Cosmic Christ, the Son of Man) released him from his ages of torment.

It is clear and evident by all means that Prometheus-Lucifer is the antithesis of the Creator Demiurge. Prometheus-Lucifer is the projected living shadow within the profound depth of the consciousness of the microcosm, the human being.

Prometheus-Lucifer is the Cherubim or Guardian of the Door, who alone is entrusted with the keys of the doors to Eden, wherein no one may enter, save the anointed ones who have the secret of Hermes.

So then, we have just written this detestable name for the pitiful ears of fanatical religious ignorant people. It is necessary to also convey that the esoteric Prometheus-Lucifer of the Archaic Doctrine is not what the Theologists (such as the famous Desmouss-Eaux and the Marquis of Mirville) mistakenly supposed, but the contrary. He is the allegory of good, the symbol of the highest sacrifice (Christus-Lucifer) of the Gnostics, and the God of wisdom under many names.

"Prometheus-Lucifer is light and shadow, mysterious symbiosis of the Solar Logos, Multiple Perfect Unity, INRI."

Prometheus as creative fire helps the man to depart from the Calvinistic Beliefs, and exhibits him as the defier of fanaticism, it represents the state of the Objective Reasoning which readily appears wherever the revolutionary doctrine of superior dialectic is taught in an objective form, and which is the only self-defense of man against ignorance, namely, a discontent with the believed fact that Divinity exists, and a feeling that the obligation of man is to awake his cosmic consciousness by stealing the fire (Kundalini) of the Gods in order to live apart from the mechanical influences of Nature, thus gaining independence by managing the cosmic fire and become as the Gods.

Psalm 82:

6: I have said, You are Gods (Elohim); and all of you are children (Beni-Elohim) of (Elion) the most High.

7: But you shall die like Adam, and fall like one of the princes (sharim).

8: Arise, all of you Gods (Elohim), judge the earth: for all of you (eventually) shall inherit the (heavenly) realms. thumbsup.gif

Thank you for that interesting read thumbsup.gif I suppose you don't want to say what you do for a living, but you've got my curiosity going, thats for sure. You could PM me if you don't want to say it here original.gif Best wishes and happy thoughts innocent.gif