Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Barack Obama or John McCain?

• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

Poll: Who's your Choice for President of the USA? (114 member(s) have cast votes)

Who's your Choice for President of the USA?

1. Barack Obama (D - IL) (48 votes [42.11%])

Percentage of vote: 42.11%

2. John McCain (R - AZ) (37 votes [32.46%])

Percentage of vote: 32.46%

3. Ralph Nader (3 votes [2.63%])

Percentage of vote: 2.63%

4. Bob Barr (3 votes [2.63%])

Percentage of vote: 2.63%

5. Other (please note) (23 votes [20.18%])

Percentage of vote: 20.18%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#181    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 9,178 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 03 September 2008 - 05:24 PM

BlindMessiah on Aug 27 2008, 03:25 PM, said:

... wow... if you're going to make wild statements, root them in some truth. The CIA is not going to kill Obama. There'd be no reason to kill him. It's incredible how stupid some of these posts are...

Agreed.

Did you see this one?:

"For the purposes of this deposition, a person [the deponent, in this case, Clinton] engages in sexual relations when the person [Clinton] knowingly engages in or causes:

1. Contact with the genitalia, anus, groin, breast, inner thigh, or buttocks of any person [that is, any other person, in this case, Monica Lewinsky] with an intent to arouse or gratify the sexual desire of any person [Lewinsky];

Contact means intentional touching, either directly or through clothing."

The parts in the quote that appear between brackets were inserted by the poster in order that he might use the above to "prove" that Clinton did not commit perjury.  The above "definition" could be used to "prove" that Lewinski had sex with Clinton while simultaneously Clinton did not have sex with Lewinski!

Hmmm.  Wonder why he was stripped of his credentials by the Arkansas bar?

Obviously, even under the above "definition," Clinton had sex with Lewinski.  He did "cause ...contact with the genitalia [HIS OWN]... with an intent to arouse or gratify the sexual desire of any person [HIMSELF].
Duh.

I took the liberty of inserting my own "brackets," as the practice seems common in the other poster's assertions.

The question is not whether one cares if the Prez has sex or an affair.  The question (in my mind) is how did this smart guy let himself get into this idiotic situation and what does that say about his judgement in areas other than the area of "how do I get re-elected?"

Not to beat a dead horse, but the guy that made that stupid claim about Clinton ought to get a job as his spokesperson, if he's not already employed thusly.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#182    stevewinn

stevewinn

Government Agent

• 8,785 posts

• Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival

Posted 03 September 2008 - 06:38 PM

its great reading all the posts in the election section, (hey that rhymed, am a poet and i didn't know it.  laugh.gif )

the rivalry between the two parties, it reminds me of when i was in the school playground, my dads bigger than your dad debate, but just remember they're both lying to you all, politicians never deliver on their promises. and they'll say anything to get into office and then they'll  be just has bad as the last lot,.(i admit Georgie is going to take some beating for that title tho.)

Posted Image

British by Birth - English by the Grace of God

#183    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

Telekinetic

• 7,066 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 07:29 PM

Harte on Sep 3 2008, 06:24 PM, said:

Agreed.

Did you see this one?:

The parts in the quote that appear between brackets were inserted by the poster in order that he might use the above to "prove" that Clinton did not commit perjury.  The above "definition" could be used to "prove" that Lewinski had sex with Clinton while simultaneously Clinton did not have sex with Lewinski!

Hmmm.  Wonder why he was stripped of his credentials by the Arkansas bar?

Obviously, even under the above "definition," Clinton had sex with Lewinski.  He did "cause ...contact with the genitalia [HIS OWN]... with an intent to arouse or gratify the sexual desire of any person [HIMSELF].
Duh.

I took the liberty of inserting my own "brackets," as the practice seems common in the other poster's assertions.

The question is not whether one cares if the Prez has sex or an affair.  The question (in my mind) is how did this smart guy let himself get into this idiotic situation and what does that say about his judgement in areas other than the area of "how do I get re-elected?"

Not to beat a dead horse, but the guy that made that stupid claim about Clinton ought to get a job as his spokesperson, if he's not already employed thusly.

Harte

Yes, I saw the post, I was arguing against that person in that subject.

#184    Guardsman Bass

Guardsman Bass

Poltergeist

• 2,222 posts

• Don't spam me, but feel free to drop a line.

Posted 04 September 2008 - 07:04 AM

Would you like another argument against McCain? How about that he tends to act stupidly until he gets a very firm kick in the *** to push him in the right direction?

Think about McCain the Senator. For most of the 1980s, he was an orthodox Republican Senator; he disagreed with Reagan on the Lebanon intervention, but he never really fought with his party. That is, until he got a firm ***-kicking in the form of the Keating Five Scandal, which almost destroyed his political career. He recovered to fight another day, and continued - until he got another ***-kicking in the form of the Bush Campaign in 2000. He then continued along - until he got yet another ***-kicking in the form of running his campaign nearly into the ground in 2007, from which he recovered.

That's all nice and well, but do you really want that style of learning in the White House? The mistakes McCain could make as President are an order of magnitude larger than what he's made as a Senator, and far more long-lasting in terms of potential damage. At least Obama has been willing to pick advisors who know something about their areas of specialty to make up for it in case he runs into this type of thing - what has McCain done?

"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours." -Sir Charles Napier

"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."   D.H. Lawrence

#185    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 9,178 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 04 September 2008 - 12:24 PM

Guardsman Bass on Sep 4 2008, 02:04 AM, said:

At least Obama has been willing to pick advisors who know something about their areas of specialty to make up for it in case he runs into this type of thing - what has McCain done?

Hmmm.  You mean he surrounded himself with "experts" the way W. did with Dick Cheney, Don Rumsfeld and Paul Wolfowitz?

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users