Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Manchester "Poltergeist"

Troublehalf

I hope this is the right place for this.

Poltergeist activity captured on security camera(s).

Now. There are various interesting parts of this video.

Firstly, at about 45 seconds in, you see a shadowy figure move in the hall way at the back. If it was being faked, you'd think the fakers wouldn't be stupid enough to walk into shot. However, it could simply be added in, it's a very brief glimpse. Later on in the video a shadow of a person appears for a second or two on the wall. Same comment.

Now, the monitors being affected isn't something hard to fake, but interesting. The door handles the same. I don't think a human could manage such a vigorous action for the length it lasted (the first time you see it go rapid it actually slows down as if somebody couldn't keep it up any more). The only way I can think of the papers exploding up into the air is via spring loading them. As one shot clearly shows it happening without any chance of it being somebody on the other side, so must be springs.

Basically all of them seem easily fakeable... Apart from the door slamming shut. They are by their very construction, unable to do that without massive force. Hydraulic doors shouldn't be able to be slammed like that. Which is the most convincing part of the video.

But, as usual, probably faked, but it's still more effort than "string on a chair and somebody pulls it" that people do.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Troublehalf

• freetoroam

• Kurzweil

• evp

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Night security guard says "I WANT to make my job more interesting"

Some imaginative trickery if nothing else. To date I haven't witnessed it and to be honest, a panel of trained in trickery would have to witness, document and verify the experience for there to be even a small convincing IMO.

I did watch most of it but had to go out, the door slamming shut, is it the one to the room with the filing cabinets?

With the red hoover under the table and the paper gets flung and stuck in the light fitting?

That door isn't fitted with an hydraulic closer and would be easy to slam.

Pretty much all of it could be faked. I'm curious as to what building it is, especially as Manchester has one of the largest university's and a cracking TV and film department.

I'm also curious wether the changing from cam to cam is edited or automatic, it must be edited as I doubt movement would set the sensors off, pretty sure they work off heat detection.

Why are all the lights on?

Edited by Redefining Success