Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Hate To Burst Your Doomsday Bubble

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1    Bracket

Bracket

Evil Monkey Genius

• 3,968 posts

• I'm the fourth wise monkey.

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:44 AM

Posted Image

I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

*Note to self, need more henchman, good ones this time. Also, start auditions for new female lab assistant.

#2    RockabyeBillie

RockabyeBillie

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

• And a million baneful words couldn't bring me to my knees.

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:50 AM

Read this on FB the other day. LOVE IT!

Posted Image

Whether you think you can or whether you think you cant, you're right! -Henry Ford

#3    acute

acute

The Hedgeless Hoglet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:05 PM

I hope this is wrong. I've sold my home and bet all my savings on it, and I am aiming to collect!

#4    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 4,790 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:06 PM

Discussion here: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=223365

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#5    Kryso

Kryso

Always watching...

• 3,943 posts

• Truth titillates the imagination far less than fiction.

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:31 PM

So true, so different from when the stone was carved. But it gives people hope. Some aren't happy unless there's doom in the air =)

#6    CaitSith

CaitSith

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

• http://shadowquesters.proboards.com

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:03 AM

Weren't such things taken into consideration when calculating the relative dates? If you consider that the people relating these calculations weren't looking for a doomsday prophecy but just converting dates.

"Science fails to recognize the single most potent element of human existence, Spirit moves through all things." SOAD

Posted Image

#7    Tinker6785ab

Tinker6785ab

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:04 AM

It does not matter the world will end someday, nothing is forever. Live and Let Live. Try your best and if your best isnt good enough, who says? For that is the meaning of life.

#8    Bracket

Bracket

Evil Monkey Genius

• 3,968 posts

• I'm the fourth wise monkey.

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:23 PM

View PostTinker6785ab, on 26 March 2012 - 12:04 AM, said:

It does not matter the world will end someday, nothing is forever. Live and Let Live. Try your best and if your best isnt good enough, who says? For that is the meaning of life.

I personally think that the world wont end until long after we're extinct. It existed long before we came along, and it will most likely exist long after we're gone.  :tu:

I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

*Note to self, need more henchman, good ones this time. Also, start auditions for new female lab assistant.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users