Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Australian Kids Banned from B-day Tradition

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,112 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:33 PM

I'm sorry but this is just stupid. Breathing spreads germs ffs.

Celebrating birthdays at school just got a little less fun for kids in Australia. New guidelines issued Tuesday by the country's National Health and Medical Research Council say that children can no longer blow out the candles on cakes at school because doing so spreads too many germs.

Full story

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#2    Purifier

Purifier

Δ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

• Wild Card

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:45 PM

*bangs fist on table*

WE ALSO NEED TO BAN GERMS!

Why stop there?

Study the past, if you would divine the future.
- Confucius

#3    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,951 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:52 PM

Well that's just dumb.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#4    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:02 PM

O.o
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

~MEH~

#5    Wickian

Wickian

Doppelganger

• 3,897 posts

• Save it for Queen Doppelpoppellus!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:07 PM

They're no longer allowed to blow the candles out on their cake?  May as well ban all social dining restaurants then since you have strangers breathing in the vicinity of your food.

#6    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,635 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:08 PM

God, this world can't get any dumber.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#7    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,741 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:23 PM

View PostCorp, on 06 February 2013 - 08:52 PM, said:

Well that's just dumb.
that's the government of Australia for you.
World going into financial crisis (again), a third of the country flooding, another third melting in the heat, and the other other third either on fire or at risk of being on fire, an election in seven months, people in immigrant detention centres rioting, the health care system teetering, the education system a mess courtesy of federally mandated reforms .... and the important stuff like banning blowing out of candles is what they focus on.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#8    jugoso

jugoso

One Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts

• "Freedom is free of the need to feel free. Free your mind and you ass will follow. The kingdom of heaven is within"
    G.Clinton

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:24 PM

Wanna piece??

"Freedom is free of the need to feel free.
Free your mind and you ass will follow.
The kingdom of heaven is within"
G.Clinton

#9    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,575 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:38 PM

The mentality of some Politicians and Civil Servants is beyond belief. I sometimes think that none of them had childhoods.The P.M probably starts political fires rather than extinguishing them.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#10    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,448 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:08 AM

Better stop kissing too never know where those lips have been.

Edited by Hilander, 07 February 2013 - 12:08 AM.

#11    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,800 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:11 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 06 February 2013 - 09:23 PM, said:

that's the government of Australia for you.
World going into financial crisis (again), a third of the country flooding, another third melting in the heat, and the other other third either on fire or at risk of being on fire, an election in seven months, people in immigrant detention centres rioting, the health care system teetering, the education system a mess courtesy of federally mandated reforms .... and the important stuff like banning blowing out of candles is what they focus on.

Gidday Mate

Is it a guideline or a suggestion? Do you think teachers will take it seriously? I doubt there is a parent in Australia that would go chase down a teacher because they think their kid got the flu from a birthday cake. I think the damage would be far greater than any good. It's slowly removing aspects of social life.

Australian medical professionals agree that the new guidelines go a bit too far.

If our medical professionals do not agree, how could something this blatantly stupid get passed?

Cheers.

Edited by psyche101, 07 February 2013 - 06:12 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#12    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 15,004 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:29 AM

View PostHilander, on 07 February 2013 - 12:08 AM, said:

Better stop kissing too never know where those lips have been.

Kissing??? Kissing and hugging have become sexual harassment.

#13    xCrimsonx

xCrimsonx

Resident Vamp

• 5,249 posts

• The Vampire Lair
    http://paranormalborder.net/forum/3002966/
    "All Torque & No Traction"
    "Static - Cold"
    "GF,FO"
    "1"

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:29 AM

I bet blowing candles out on Birthday cakes derived from an old wives tale. Much like chicken pox sleep overs. Try and work out why kids are crook afterwards, did they eat too much or did they catch the flu?  Everything is antibacterial this and that these days.
For crying out loud just let kids eat dirt once in a while. There are so many kids with allergies and atmosphere ailments these days, wonder why.

I'm not say inject your kids with Ebola or anything but littlens that get a chance to play in the garden etc from an early age are the ones that become immune sooner to basic grubs.

LOL, Personally I refrain from eating cake that Lil people blow candles out on.,. Ive seen more than enough boogers and dribbles to last me two lifetimes. XD

PS Same goes with the educated idiot that recently said that children that consumed fruit was not a good choice because of the natural sugars and acids. If the government made dental in schools a priority, their wouldn't be an "epidemic". O.o It start with teaching kids about consistent dental hygiene.

Edited by xCrimsonx, 07 February 2013 - 09:35 AM.

The Paranormal Border
The Vampire Club18+

http://forum.paranor...order.com/index
Posted Image

#14    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,889 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:46 AM

It's pretty easy to get around,  put a cup cake in front of the kid with a candle on it and the cake in the centre unmolested.  What a shame people have become so precious though, there is literally not a milimetre of space on this sphere that is not covered in germs - run for the hills we're all gonna die, oh wait, there's germs in them there hills too ...

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#15    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,575 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:44 PM

View PostlibstaK, on 07 February 2013 - 09:46 AM, said:

It's pretty easy to get around,  put a cup cake in front of the kid with a candle on it and the cake in the centre unmolested.  What a shame people have become so precious though, there is literally not a milimetre of space on this sphere that is not covered in germs - run for the hills we're all gonna die, oh wait, there's germs in them there hills too ...
  To be factual we are just walking sacks of bacteria,and one the most common places to find bacteria, is not the loo seat,which is usually quoted, but the STEERING WHEEL of your car....think of what your hands have been touching today,before you drove home, ie:- an elevator stair rail....a shop door...a public loo door...etc...millions of nasty little bugs getting on your hands then you jump into your car. yeehaaa, how many times do people clean their car steering wheel even with a wet wipe......aaaarrrgh.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users