Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

RON PAUL Winning the Battle For Delegates!

acidhead

They all laughed at Ron Paul. They all laughed when he took a stage in Minnesota, having come in a solid second place, and reminded the faithful of a "little thing called delegates!"

RON PAUL WINNING THE BATTLE FOR DELEGATES

2012/02/08 http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2012/02/08/ron-paul-winning-the-battle-for-delegates/

CAMPAIGN IS WELL-POSITIONED IN DELEGATE RACE

LAKE JACKSON, Texas – The Ron Paul 2012 Presidential campaign released the following statement regarding the results of yesterday’s election results. See comments below from Ron Paul 2012 National Campaign Manager John Tate.

“We are thrilled with the yesterday’s results. Our campaign to Restore America continues to gain ground, and we are poised to pick up even more delegates from Minnesota and Colorado adding to our delegates in Iowa, New Hampshire, and Nevada.

“As people across the country view the results of yesterday’s contests, it is important to consider a few facts that have not been clearly reported. Not one single delegate was awarded yesterday, instead the caucuses in Minnesota and Colorado were the very first step in the delegate selection process. And there are still over 40 states left to go. The Ron Paul campaign plans to continue to vie for delegates nationwide.

“There are a few significant takeaways from yesterday’s contests to remember:

1) The Missouri primary means nothing. It was a non-binding beauty contest, and the contest that matters in the ‘show me’ state won’t take place for another month. The Ron Paul campaign is well positioned to win delegates in Missouri’s caucus a month from now.

2) As in Iowa where not 1 of the 28 delegates has been awarded yet, in Colorado and Nevada the Paul campaign will do very well in the state delegate counts. We will have good numbers among the actual delegates awarded, far exceeding our straw poll numbers.

3) In Minnesota where we have finished a solid second, we also have a strong majority of the state convention delegates, and the process to elect delegates has also just begun, the Paul campaign is well-organized to win the bulk of delegates there.

“We are confident in gaining a much larger share of delegates than even our impressive showing yesterday indicates. As an example of our campaign’s delegate strength, take a look at what has occurred in Colorado:

In one precinct in Larimer County, the straw poll vote was 23 for Santorum, 13 for Paul, 5 for Romney, 2 for Gingrich. There were 13 delegate slots, and Ron Paul got ALL 13.

In a precinct in Delta County the vote was 22 for Santorum, 12 for Romney, 8 for Paul, 7 for Gingrich. There were 5 delegate slots, and ALL 5 went to Ron Paul.

In a Pueblo County precinct, the vote was 16 for Santorum, 11 for Romney, 3 for Gingrich and 2 for Paul. There were 2 delegate slots filled, and both were filled by Ron Paul supporters.

We are also seeing the same trends in Minnesota, Nevada, and Iowa, and in Missouri as well.

“We may well win Minnesota, and do far better in Colorado than yesterday’s polls indicate.

Its definitly going better then any main stream media would have us believe. Listening to them, you'd think RP should just drop out now. Something really fishy is going on in Nevada. Acording to the polls he hasnt gained any traction at all, from back in 2008. Early counts of the polls had him way ahead, then suddenly he dropped like a rock.

Ben Swann(WXIX) explains why Ron Paul is picking up more delegates.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hANPUKl0XpQ

Check out Ben Swann on Facebook for regular updates on the 2012 election.

http://www.facebook.com/BenSwannRealityCheck

Ben Swann

Biography

Reality Check with Ben Swann is an attempt to cut through the spin of politicians or lawmakers who are simply not honest when discussing their records or how laws will impact the individual liberty of of the people they are supposed to represent. National media has become so busy pushing an agenda they seem to forget the primary role of media is to hold those in power in check. My hope is that is what "Reality Check" will not only accomplish but will inspire in other journalists.

Edited by acidhead

Clutching straws me thinks

Agreed - and laying the ground work for the big conspiracy theory that will emerge down the road. One that will be readily lapped up by the Paulies everywhere.

People talk about electability and while the leading Republicans all have their issues, I really don't see how anyone can say that Paul would stand even a slight chance in a general election against Obama. In five minutes I could come up with a couple of attack ads that would blow away his campaign before it even got started.

Agreed - and laying the ground work for the big conspiracy theory that will emerge down the road. One that will be readily lapped up by the Paulies everywhere.

People talk about electability and while the leading Republicans all have their issues, I really don't see how anyone can say that Paul would stand even a slight chance in a general election against Obama. In five minutes I could come up with a couple of attack ads that would blow away his campaign before it even got started.

so enlighten us with your quick attacks. what would you say to blow away his campaign?

In one precinct in Larimer County, the straw poll vote was 23 for Santorum, 13 for Paul, 5 for Romney, 2 for Gingrich. There were 13 delegate slots, and Ron Paul got ALL 13.

In a precinct in Delta County the vote was 22 for Santorum, 12 for Romney, 8 for Paul, 7 for Gingrich. There were 5 delegate slots, and ALL 5 went to Ron Paul.

In a Pueblo County precinct, the vote was 16 for Santorum, 11 for Romney, 3 for Gingrich and 2 for Paul. There were 2 delegate slots filled, and both were filled by Ron Paul supporters.

For all the anti RP haters, they clearly do not like the fact that someone that is not the same old same old tow the party line type is gaining ground. They would rather continue down the same division path that is leading this country to destruction rather than put someone in office that believes in the same pricibles as our founding fathers based the creation of our nation.

Maybe those people should go live in Cuba for a few years to realize how bad things could become if we don't change our course. My family didn't fight the Empire of Japan and the Nazis to have their grandchildrens freedoms and civil liberties taken from them in the name of corporate profit/control.

Wake up already RP haters.

Never mind that the delegates can ultimately vote for whoever they like. So even if RP does, in fact, have the most delegates, it means little.

so enlighten us with your quick attacks. what would you say to blow away his campaign?

Here you go:

-Wanting to repeal the Civil Rights Act of 1964

-Wanting to abolish income tax

-Wanting to abolish hate crimes

-Not in support of gay marriage

-Does not support /humanitarian/ wars

-Wants to go back to the gold standard

-Is pro-life

-Wants to leave many social issues up to the state level

-Wants to abolish many government agencies such as the EPA

-Wants to abolish regulations (which could have potentially damaging effects on the economy, environment, etc.)

-hours upon hours of video and audio of him saying goofy things

And the biggest one are those damned newsletters - spin it however you wish, bottom line they were his newsletters and there was some downright racist **** published in them.

Now I'm assuming you're a Paulie and you will counter that many of these are his strengths. And I'm not necessarily saying I disagree, but the Obama smear machine will take a couple of them or all of them and paint him as an absolute kook. Just look what a few Romney attack ads have done to Newt.

Here you go:

-Is pro-life

-Wants to abolish regulations (which could have potentially damaging effects on the economy, environment, etc.)

-hours upon hours of video and audio of him saying goofy things

And the biggest one are those damned newsletters - spin it however you wish, bottom line they were his newsletters and there was some downright racist **** published in them.

Now I'm assuming you're a Paulie and you will counter that many of these are his strengths. And I'm not necessarily saying I disagree, but the Obama smear machine will take a couple of them or all of them and paint him as an absolute kook. Just look what a few Romney attack ads have done to Newt.

Nah, I was really just curious.... anyway there are more than a few statements ubove that I could actually stand behind, income tax being one of them. But I like Ron, really just because he stands for what he believes in.... not what his party wants him to believe in or the status quo. I guess he seems like a normal goofy guy. A goofy guy that stands a snowballs chance in hell getting elected. I for one do not think I will be voting this time around. Im really tired of voting for the lesser of evils.

Regardless who is elected we are in for some serious bumps just ahead. In fact we may be about to drive off a 16 trillion dollar cliff. If RP were elected I think Dems and Repubs would form a coalition to fight him. If Oby is anointed again then the fiscal end will be in sight quickly I think. He knows only spend, spend, spend. He makes Bush's 2 war budgets look frugal. Hmmmmm...imagine Greece - but with guns...

Here you go:

-Is pro-life

I think I agree with every one of those things. The civil rights thing would easily be the most misrepresented attack. Don't forget that Obama can be made to look just as bad as without misrepresentation. Just the truths need be exposed. The fact that an incumbent potus needs a billion dollars, as opposed to running on his record, for any hope of reelection should be convincing enough not to vote for him.

Regardless who is elected we are in for some serious bumps just ahead. In fact we may be about to drive off a 16 trillion dollar cliff. If RP were elected I think Dems and Repubs would form a coalition to fight him. If Oby is anointed again then the fiscal end will be in sight quickly I think. He knows only spend, spend, spend. He makes Bush's 2 war budgets look frugal. Hmmmmm...imagine Greece - but with guns...

Democrats and republicans forming a coalition to fight Ron Paul would be the most honest expression from government we've had in a long time. We've been too busy trying to fool people into thinking there's a difference between the two parties. Ron Paul would drag the truth out of them all. And they'd all get flogged hard by the veto pen, the bully pulpit, and an administration that restored the executive branch to its constitutional restraints.

Don't think that Obama like Bush won't double the debt in two terms too. He's the 3rd term of Bush and will also be the 4th. Does half the country care? No. He's black. He's a democrat. So whatever. The truthers have crawled back into the holes they came from and the democrats didn't really have a problem with anything Bush did as it turned out.

For all the anti RP haters, they clearly do not like the fact that someone that is not the same old same old tow the party line type is gaining ground. They would rather continue down the same division path that is leading this country to destruction rather than put someone in office that believes in the same pricibles as our founding fathers based the creation of our nation.

Maybe those people should go live in Cuba for a few years to realize how bad things could become if we don't change our course. My family didn't fight the Empire of Japan and the Nazis to have their grandchildrens freedoms and civil liberties taken from them in the name of corporate profit/control.

Wake up already RP haters.

Whati find amusing is that RP lovers always say that the Great man is different from the usual old "us/them", "for us or against us" two-party politics. But anyone who is not convinced that the Great man will lead the U.S. into Peace, Prosperity & a Better Tomorrow is automatically filed as a "Hater".

For us or against us ....

They all laughed at Ron Paul. They all laughed when he took a stage in Minnesota, having come in a solid second place, and reminded the faithful of a "little thing called delegates!"

RON PAUL WINNING THE BATTLE FOR DELEGATES

2012/02/08 http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2012/02/08/ron-paul-winning-the-battle-for-delegates/

So this is RP supporteres idea of a representative government? If true, this is Corruption of the worst sort. Why should someone who got 8 of 49 votes, of 2 out of 32, get all the delegates?

If this is the Liberty and Justice that Representative Paul supports, the US pubic should call for him to step out of the race right now.

I think I agree with every one of those things. The civil rights thing would easily be the most misrepresented attack. Don't forget that Obama can be made to look just as bad as without misrepresentation. Just the truths need be exposed. The fact that an incumbent potus needs a billion dollars, as opposed to running on his record, for any hope of reelection should be convincing enough not to vote for him.

Yes Obama can, but to an electorate that is predisposed to support the guy, it's an uphill battle.

Whati find amusing is that RP lovers always say that the Great man is different from the usual old "us/them", "for us or against us" two-party politics. But anyone who is not convinced that the Great man will lead the U.S. into Peace, Prosperity & a Better Tomorrow is automatically filed as a "Hater".

For us or against us ....

So then you have the answer? You know something that the rest of us do not? It's not that "I love RP" ---- what your mind fails to understand is that people, like myself, wish to put things back to right. For the benefit of everyone, even someone like you whom, if you didn't already realize, I personally couldn't care less if you understand their are people that want to make your life better even if you come off as less than kind. Our founding fathers also had mud and abuse slung at them for trying to make for a better life here in America.

So if YOU have the answer Mr. 747400 -- please enlighten the rest of us. Share with us what you only seem to know in your great wisdom or else, please step down and let the rest of us try to fix this mess America has gotten into with corporate and political greed.

Or am I also wrong in thinking both parties along with the banks and corporations of this country have been doing their best at destroying America? Maybe that's a 'crazy conspiracy theory' and the 'reality' is that 'everything has been hunky dory' for the past 20-30 yrs?

Edited by kaptn k

Deception, Despair and Delegates. The real story of primary season to date.

Submitted by Carl Bradley on Thu, 02/09/2012 - 22:06

in

Delegates

vote

There is litle being said about the true status of the candidacies of the four remaining Republicans running for president. There are reasons for this. Much of what the reporters know is meaningless. Much of what they want you to know is at best irrelevant, at worst falsehood. I’ll try to keep my personal assumptions out of this and simply offer three possibilities from which you may choose.

1) Gosh darn it, this election stuff is just too dang difficult for reporters and simple folk like us to get right, so mistakes are bound to happen.

2) The abhorrent behemoth that is the melding of big government and big media has chosen to intentionally mislead us.

3) The average investigative reporter in 2012 generally neither investigates nor reports.

Just as a point of interest, of the 271 delegates comprised of the states who have voted thus far;113 delegates are BOUND at this point, 158 are open to vote for the candidate of their choice. It is entirely possible at this moment that the actual delegate leader is RON PAUL. I will try to give you as comprehensive a breakdown as can be gathered at this point.

CLICK HERE for balance of story: http://carldbradley.wordpress.com/2012/02/09/deception-despair-and-delegates-the-real-story-of-primary-season-to-date/

These comments from the link in my last post may provide answers to some questions:

http://carldbradley.wordpress.com/2012/02/09/deception-despair-and-delegates-the-real-story-of-primary-season-to-date/

Ryan B permalink

Sorry I am new to this but the following: “158 have made the news, and are often attributed to candidates but are, in fact, not yet bound. Of these 158 there are many indications Ron Paul likely holds upwards of half.”

Where’s the indication that he holds up to half of those delegates? I know they are not bound to any candidate but why would they go to RP at the convention?

Carl.D.Bradley permalink

Ryan B-

While each state has various rules governing the delegate selection process, I’ll give a very generic explanation here and hope it helps.

In caucus states such as Iowa, Colorado, Missouri, Maine, and Nevada among many others, popular votes are just glorified straw polls.

Each state varies, but basically imagine the delegate conventions this way:

(These numbers are all arbitrary)

On the day of the announced and media hyped elections, after the popular votes, each precinct then has a vote amongst itself to choose delegates to attend the district convention. The district convention, will then vote on county delegates, who vote on state delegates who will then go to the National convention.

Imagine the March Madness field of sixty four whittling down to 32,16,8 etc. Only the delegates vote on who will advance. Thus the “team” with the most delegates in round one has a vastly increased chance of advancing in each successive round.

My comment you quoted is based on our reports of the overwhelming number of delegates in the “field of 64″ that have allegience to Ron Paul.

As small sample of this information is provided in graph form on Jack Hunter’s official campaign blog linked here:

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2012/02/08/straw-polls-vs-collecting-delegates/

Hope this helps!

Cheers

Jan Coldwater permalink

So Florida no longer has bound delegates and it no longer winner take all. I pray for Ron Paul’s health, that God carries him with the energy of life and health through this process, all the way to the White House!

Carl.D.Bradley permalink

Jan,

Sorry for the confusion, but yes, actually Florida’s delegates ARE still BOUND and it had an exemption for the “Win-All” rule so keep that status. Their penalty and that of South Carolina, was simply the forfeiture of 50% of their normal delegate totals.

Again, sorry for not being clear.

Cheers

I could tell you why he could beat Obama. I've been an active contributer to the DNC and DCCC for multiple years to the tune of tens of thousands and dollars and many man hours in campaigns. There are multiple reasons why Paul would win in a general election against President Obama.

http://projects.wsj.com/campaign2012/delegates

Romney 123

Santorum 72

Gingrich 32

Paul 19

So far so good there Ronster.

Pay attention

Don't make the mistake of trusting the media to give facts right now... this is why you'll notice that there is no consistent reporting of the delegates to date. Face the fact that the media is putting their best interest ahead of yours. They have the power to deceive the viewer because the viewer trusts the status quo.

Don't believe me? Check this out! These major news sites all have different numbers... including your link.

http://projects.wsj.com/campaign2012/delegates/

http://www.cnn.com/election/2012/primaries.html

http://elections.msnbc.msn.com/ns/politics/2012/all/republican/2/7#.TzOIysmF-Po

CNN, MSNBC, The Wallstreet Journal are just a sample of media guessing... many more 'trusted' MSM have different totals... it's being done to fool the viewer.

Edited by acidhead

So then you have the answer? You know something that the rest of us do not? It's not that "I love RP" ---- what your mind fails to understand is that people, like myself, wish to put things back to right. For the benefit of everyone, even someone like you whom, if you didn't already realize, I personally couldn't care less if you understand their are people that want to make your life better even if you come off as less than kind. Our founding fathers also had mud and abuse slung at them for trying to make for a better life here in America.

So if YOU have the answer Mr. 747400 -- please enlighten the rest of us. Share with us what you only seem to know in your great wisdom or else, please step down and let the rest of us try to fix this mess America has gotten into with corporate and political greed.

Or am I also wrong in thinking both parties along with the banks and corporations of this country have been doing their best at destroying America? Maybe that's a 'crazy conspiracy theory' and the 'reality' is that 'everything has been hunky dory' for the past 20-30 yrs?

heavens, i didn't know my mind had failed to understand. I'm really sorry about that.

I must say, i'm not sure i really understand your arguments; you are demanding of me "So then you have the answer? You know something that the rest of us do not?", but I'm not sure why you might think that this might be the case, since i don't think I tried to claim that I have the answers and know something that others do not. But it does seem to me that some of the more passionate admirers of this Great man do seem to believe that he has the answers and knows things that others do not. The point I was observing was that, let me see if I can repeat it, "What I find amusing is that RP lovers always say that the Great man is different from the usual old "us/them", "for us or against us" two-party politics. But anyone who is not convinced that the Great man will lead the U.S. into Peace, Prosperity & a Better Tomorrow is automatically filed as a "Hater". See? For people who support him because he doesn't fit into the old "us/them" polarity, his Supporters seem very ready to lump everyone into either Admirers or Haters.

And again, i can't help thinking that, if this is the degree of passion and emotion that the Great man can arouse, I really wouldn't like to think what might happen should he not make the Nomination, or, even in the event that he did, he was not Elected.