Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Dark Souls

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1    LucidElement

LucidElement

Mystic Divinity

• 3,586 posts

• Imagination Is More Important Than Knowledge -Albert Einstein

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:04 AM

Is it worth the 20.00? I heard its hard, but got 9.5/10 on gamespot. Looks fun. I'm a huge RPG guy. But is it easy to figure out. What are your reviews for those that have played?

"The Truth Is Out There, Its Up To Us To Find The Answers."

"Imagination Is More Important Than Knowledge." - Einstein

#2    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,168 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:08 PM

No it is not easy, and the keyboard controls don't help. Apparently it is better with a gamepad, but I've never tried.

#3    GoSC

GoSC

HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

• 2,615 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:30 PM

I am thinking about buying this game too for my console becausing the prevailing word is overall positive on the game and afterall only $20 bucks now.

Dark Souls 2 is due to be released 12/31/13.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#4    MysticStrummer

MysticStrummer

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

• The great path has no gates. Thousands of roads enter it. When one passes through this gateless gate, he walks freely between heaven and earth.

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:21 PM

No game is for everyone, but I'd say $20 for Dark Souls is a no brainer. Demon's Souls and Dark Souls are my 1st and 2nd favorite games on PS3, and I go back and forth about which one I think is better. I'd say the basic gameplay is easy to figure out, but the overall game is very challenging. It's not hard in a cheap way, but you have to go slow and pay attention because there are many ways to die. The Souls games are the type that make you feel like you really accomplished something substantial when you reach the end, although both games allow you to start a New Game + with your old character so neither has to end if you want more. There's a line from the Michael Douglas movie "The Game" where a man who has already experienced The Game tells the main character that he envies him because he's about to experience The Game for the first time. I think most Souls fans would say the same to a newcomer like yourself. The only potential downside I can think of is that the story isn't exactly presented in a straightforward way.

Ummon asked : "The world is such a wide world, why do you answer a bell and don ceremonial robes?" ~ Zen Flesh Zen Bones

#5    GoSC

GoSC

• 2,615 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:41 AM

I bought the game and LOVE IT! But it is difficult and challenging and the big baddies are abit intimidating upon first encounters as they are physically imposing and do a damn good job of imposing their will upon me.

I like this more than Skyrim... I am currently a bandit with firebombs!

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#6    MysticStrummer

MysticStrummer

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

• The great path has no gates. Thousands of roads enter it. When one passes through this gateless gate, he walks freely between heaven and earth.

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:48 PM

View PostB Jenkins, on 10 February 2013 - 06:41 AM, said:

I bought the game and LOVE IT! But it is difficult and challenging and the big baddies are abit intimidating upon first encounters as they are physically imposing and do a damn good job of imposing their will upon me.

I like this more than Skyrim... I am currently a bandit with firebombs!

I agree about Skyrim. It's not a bad game by any means but Dark Souls just blows it out of the virtual water. Not once in Skyrim did I ever feel the same surge of adrenalin that I felt every single time another player invaded my Souls game.

Ummon asked : "The world is such a wide world, why do you answer a bell and don ceremonial robes?" ~ Zen Flesh Zen Bones

#7    GoSC

GoSC

• 2,615 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:30 AM

View PostMysticStrummer, on 11 February 2013 - 10:48 PM, said:

I agree about Skyrim. It's not a bad game by any means but Dark Souls just blows it out of the virtual water. Not once in Skyrim did I ever feel the same surge of adrenalin that I felt every single time another player invaded my Souls game.

Sounds like I need to get on live and play this multiplayer! :tu:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users