Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

It's outrageous...

sket benefits dole cigs booze

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#16    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:48 PM

She looks like a character from Harry Enfield :D

#17    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:51 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 21 March 2013 - 06:21 PM, said:

You are actually right, my husband was out of work a few years back and in a the same position as your friend. its seems that the more you extract the urine out of the system the more they want to help. My husband got a good job a couple of months later, because he was looking!
There is no doubt there are many abusing the system and I just can not understand how they get away with it when it is so difficult for people like your friend or my husband to get help when needed.
I must add that I was not prepared to have 6 kids or adopt loads from Africa, or wear a shell suit and walk about with a bottle of cider in one hand and a cig in the other, maybe this did not help our cause.

It's funny really, they go in all trashy, don't try at all and then they get more money. I don't understand it. lol It's like they get rewarded for not wanting to work. It's the opposite of how it should be. I think you should get bonuses for volunteer work, as it helps you get something on your CV, makes it look like you are willing to work to employers and you are contributing to society. I don't mind them cutting the standard benefits if they bring in a system like that that rewards those who are trying.

View PostExpandMyMind, on 21 March 2013 - 07:39 PM, said:

You should tell him to go to the CAB. Not only should he be getting housing benefit to cover his rent (or at least a pre-set amount of it - it's £230pm up here, a lot more for those over 35), and not only should he be getting council tax sorted for him (though this might be a grey area due to the house-mate), but the government has deemed that a person needs £70pw as a bare minimum to survive (Jobseekers allowance pays this amount, roughly). By law he should be getting Jobseekers allowance if he is looking for a job and should be receiving the same amount of money as the woman from the OP. Whether or not he has a 'house-mate' doesn't come into it.

Raw deal doesn't even come close.

He's been to the CAB a few times and he keeps appealing to the Job Centre. It took them 2 and half months to sort his claim, he had it rough during that time, but obviously expected it all back dated, then it came in back dated but at £35 a week. lol He got hardly anything. Damn I get more from just doing 3 days week at work than he got for 2 and a half months. It's disgusting how they treat people.

EDIT, the reason it took so long was because they messed him around as his housemate is a woman and they where testing to see if they where a couple. They kept asking for more information, never understood why they didn't just get all the info in the first place when they sent someone to his house. A benefits officer or something. He said it felt like he was in Nazi Germany having an "officer" come round to check his living arrangements and question him. lol

View PostExpandMyMind, on 21 March 2013 - 07:48 PM, said:

Perry!!!! LOL

I loved Kathy Burke as Perry, she was brilliant.

Edited by Coffey, 21 March 2013 - 07:58 PM.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#18    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,129 posts

• “Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while”

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:59 PM

pond life pure & simple. And her child was doomed from the day it was born.

Edited by itsnotoutthere, 21 March 2013 - 08:00 PM.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#19    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:35 PM

If her brain was made of Dynamite,there wouldn't be enough to blow her Hat off.People like this should be chained and made to work like the old Chain gangs repairing the nations crumbling infrastructure and then at the end of every working day beaten with a big stick before they have their bread and water for supper.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#20    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,580 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:09 AM

The Civil Service like the rest of work places is very understaffed,thanks to our mutual friend T.Blair , and others before him, so some of society's dregs slip thru the net,as the Min of Labour hasn't got the time or people to check up on these bags of human garbage.She looks just about ready to have a massive heart attack,but until a social worker or someone in her area decides to check her status she will continue receiving benefits.
   I sympathise with people who want to work but cant due to lack of work in their area,and they haven't got the savings to move elsewhere,so its a catch 22 situation.Its soul destroying when you get 200 applicants for a job in McD's.Good luck to all the people looking for work.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#21    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:49 AM

View Postspud the mackem, on 22 March 2013 - 12:09 AM, said:

The Civil Service like the rest of work places is very understaffed,thanks to our mutual friend T.Blair , and others before him, so some of society's dregs slip thru the net,as the Min of Labour hasn't got the time or people to check up on these bags of human garbage.She looks just about ready to have a massive heart attack,but until a social worker or someone in her area decides to check her status she will continue receiving benefits.
   I sympathise with people who want to work but cant due to lack of work in their area,and they haven't got the savings to move elsewhere,so its a catch 22 situation.Its soul destroying when you get 200 applicants for a job in McD's.Good luck to all the people looking for work.

The sad thing is that it is probably cheaper for the government to have people on benefits than not, when you consider all the costs that would occur through them having no money. Theft, robbery, etc - things that people would need to turn to without benefits. Not to mention the amount of homeless that would be literally littering our streets if housing benefit was also cut - after a few generations of this sort of thing we would have streets like some Indian cities.

Our governments are horrible. They don't just decide to be nice and give people money to be kind or because their 'lefty ways' dictate they should (as some on here no doubt think is the reason). They have allowed things to get to this stage simply because it is the lesser of two evils.

Though people rarely think objectively about things thanks to our media.

Edited by ExpandMyMind, 22 March 2013 - 12:51 AM.

#22    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,450 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:50 AM

I'm all for someone that has health problems getting welfare benefits but just because you are lazy or your reproductive organs work, no.  What really gets me is some of these people teach their kids to go on benefits instead of trying to achieve something.

Which I have a feeling the woman has a really low IQ so no one would probably hire her for anything.  There are people that are too dumb to work at anything.  In the future that is going to get worse with more jobs requiring technical skills.

#23    Arbenol

Arbenol

Psychic Spy

• 1,887 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:38 AM

I don't think it's particularly helpful to consider this individual to be typical of all people on benefits. As has been pointed out by others, most people who receive benefits are not chronically lazy or pathologically idle. But it's always good for business to provoke a bit of self righteousness.

People, like this 'thing', who abuse the system provoke understandable contempt.

But couldn't they have found a more loathsome character to interview. I can't stop laughing when I see that picture.
Go on then - let's have another look.

Priceless!

Edited by Arbenol68, 22 March 2013 - 03:40 AM.

#24    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:58 PM

View PostExpandMyMind, on 21 March 2013 - 07:48 PM, said:

She's a looker, a real catch..

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.” and yes she comes across as stupid too.

Posted Image

#25    cultanorak

cultanorak

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

• I imagine you have orders to destroy me?

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:00 PM

Well if we where all born into smug so called hardworking middle class families who get all the breaks in life even though they claim to have done it by themselves which is not true then maybe some people would not give up on themselves because society has given up on them.

#26    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:05 PM

View Postxsas, on 22 March 2013 - 02:58 PM, said:

She's a looker, a real catch..

C'mon, x, you know you would...

#27    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,775 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:46 AM

View Postcultanorak, on 22 March 2013 - 04:00 PM, said:

Well if we where all born into smug so called hardworking middle class families who get all the breaks in life even though they claim to have done it by themselves which is not true then maybe some people would not give up on themselves because society has given up on them.
Matey, she's not given up on herself, she's telling the system to bend over and think of England.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#28    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• 1,575 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:13 AM

I see nothing wrong with what she is doing,perfectly reasonable,not as if she is going out and buying GUNS with all you workers money  :lol:

Sorry couldnt resist with all the opinions that pop up in the American section haha

As far as the woman goes WOW what a disaster.Bet she smells like a garbage dumpster full of fish on a blistering summer noon  :wacko:

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#29    Moon Gazer

Moon Gazer

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

• Stonewylde.... follow me to Stonewylde....

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:24 AM

I honestly think we are too soft on people in Britain.  I think if people like this can be proven that they just cannot be arsed to work, when there is physically no reason that they couldn't work, other than their own laziness, then they should have their benefits stopped.

We are so lucky to live in a country that has a benefit system (I know it doesn't seem it at times).  But if I lost my job tomorrow, I know I would be able to keep a roof over our heads and still feed me and my kids.  That isn't the same in all countries.  I also know if I suffered from an illness or disability that meant I couldn't work, that I would be entitled to some funds.  Ok, its not a mega amount, but it would be enough.

Benefits should be for people who genuinely need them, people who are actively looking for work and trying to get back in to the working world.  Or people who are genuinely unable to work because of disability or illness.  People like this who think that they benefit money is just a given entitlement and never have any plan to work should have their money stopped.  Cover their rent and give them a weekly food parcel and a gas / electric card.  They should not be having any kind of luxuries such as ciggarettes, booze and sky TV at the expense of the tax payers.

#30    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,129 posts

• “Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while”

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:30 AM

View PostArbenol68, on 22 March 2013 - 03:38 AM, said:

I don't think it's particularly helpful to consider this individual to be typical of all people on benefits. As has been pointed out by others, most people who receive benefits are not chronically lazy or pathologically idle. But it's always good for business to provoke a bit of self righteousness.

People, like this 'thing', who abuse the system provoke understandable contempt.

But couldn't they have found a more loathsome character to interview. I can't stop laughing when I see that picture.
Go on then - let's have another look.

Priceless!

I'm still trying to get my head around the idea that somebody actually impregnated it.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

Also tagged with sket, benefits, dole, cigs, booze

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users