Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Cost of Corporate Welfare..erm..subsidies

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16    Jinxdom

Jinxdom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

• Education...has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
    -- G.M. Trevelyan

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:56 AM

View Postquestionmark, on 03 December 2012 - 09:06 PM, said:

The cause is always the consumer, especially in a consumer driven economy like the good old US of A.

Except when the consumer has no choice on what to buy. You control whatever is traded you can pretty much do whatever you want. We are forced to pay out right to the government and we are forced to pay for their currency for the things we need. We don't get enough money we can't get the best product. We lower the value of ourselves while improving others when that happen. Problem is who really is the consumer and what are they buying? That's the question that needs to be asked.

#17    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,421 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:30 PM

View PostJinxdom, on 05 December 2012 - 07:56 AM, said:

Except when the consumer has no choice on what to buy. You control whatever is traded you can pretty much do whatever you want. We are forced to pay out right to the government and we are forced to pay for their currency for the things we need. We don't get enough money we can't get the best product. We lower the value of ourselves while improving others when that happen. Problem is who really is the consumer and what are they buying? That's the question that needs to be asked.

Ask any board member of Wallmart and they will tell you it is the other way around. Consumer driven economies have the goods the consumer wants...which lately, sadly, is cheap and who cares who looses his job.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#18    FurthurBB

FurthurBB

Government Agent

• 3,365 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:57 PM

View Postaztek, on 04 December 2012 - 06:05 PM, said:

lol, no. unions, google it

LOL! No, you are letting your bias get in the way of reality.  Poor business practices, in hostess's case bordering on criminal, and poor sales.

#19    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,421 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:59 PM

View PostFurthurBB, on 05 December 2012 - 02:57 PM, said:

LOL! No, you are letting your bias get in the way of reality.  Poor business practices, in hostess's case bordering on criminal, and poor sales.

And a pay raise that needed no unions allowed by the court... for the management while in bankruptcy protection.

If I were a union negotiator I would not have taken a pay cut after that either.

The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#20    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:39 PM

View Postaztek, on 04 December 2012 - 03:33 PM, said:

go tell your crap to your bees, i'm sure they are good listeners.

lol, sorry QM, that was actually funny.

#21    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,421 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:42 PM

View PostWoIverine, on 05 December 2012 - 04:39 PM, said:

lol, sorry QM, that was actually funny.

ehm, yes. Seems that it is true that blind chickens occasionally find a grain... But don't tell him or his head will not fit through any door anymore...

about me

#22    Jinxdom

Jinxdom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

• Education...has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
    -- G.M. Trevelyan

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:49 AM

View Postquestionmark, on 05 December 2012 - 02:30 PM, said:

Ask any board member of Wallmart and they will tell you it is the other way around. Consumer driven economies have the goods the consumer wants...which lately, sadly, is cheap and who cares who looses his job.

Your looking at the wrong part. Look bigger.
They are using what works but in the confines of what they are allowed to do. Things are being made cheaper because we are getting less to spend. We need money to survive they are doing what they can to make money. I can't hold it against them for doing what works in a broken system.

Which is why I asked the question who is the consumer and what are they consuming. Sounds like a conspiracy but really it isn't it's just survival at it's simplest form. To live we must consume.

#23    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,421 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:57 AM

View PostJinxdom, on 06 December 2012 - 08:49 AM, said:

Your looking at the wrong part. Look bigger.
They are using what works but in the confines of what they are allowed to do. Things are being made cheaper because we are getting less to spend. We need money to survive they are doing what they can to make money. I can't hold it against them for doing what works in a broken system.

Which is why I asked the question who is the consumer and what are they consuming. Sounds like a conspiracy but really it isn't it's just survival at it's simplest form. To live we must consume.

There is no bigger, the only place where your choice is somewhat limited is there where it comes to food and water, as sooner or later you will have to eat and drink. The rest is all optional and you have the power.

about me

#24    Jinxdom

Jinxdom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

-- G.M. Trevelyan

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:22 AM

Now your looking to big. Your not wrong about the consuming at all. What your misplacing is where money takes place in the whole process. If you can only get water by paying and only one person has all the water you have no choice but to go to them. The only choice you have is either steal it, buy it, or trade for it. If you can only buy water with money and you can't steal it or get what you need to pay for it and can't trade anything for it what choices do you have other then die or find another source?
This also applies to money since now it is needed to survive. When the local economy is getting cheaper products something is going on to disrupt the natural order of things(The invisible hand).

Since we have to have money to survive instead of using it as a tool to trade the system is broken. Why do you think it is difficult to return products or even impossible to return things you actually need? The loss of money aka the loss of something that they need.

#25    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,532 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:31 AM

One of the reasons why Yours and Our economy's is in  mess is because the markets are being flooded with cheap and nasty Chinese /Korean and other foreign goods.When people wise up and stop buying this rubbish which doesnt last 5 minutes, your own Countries industries will wake up and start producing items that people need, marked "MADE IN THE USA",Would you rather have a properly made American car,or some foreign cheap rubbish.The problem of course is the the home made car is probably 3 times the price.But isnt that worth it ??.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#26    Jinxdom

Jinxdom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

-- G.M. Trevelyan

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:47 AM

That is one problem but your not focusing on the other. The fact that most people can't pay for the best products. If people could move to where the jobs are worldwide like corporations do to find cheap labor the cream would rise to the top and everything would even out but let's face it moving costs a lot of money(To do it correctly making sure you have food/home/transportation) when you get there) for some odd reason unless you like walking. People tend to miss that part.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users