Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

62 children close encounter of 3rd kind

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#16    SwampgasBalloonBoy

SwampgasBalloonBoy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:49 AM

View PostHazzard, on 17 January 2013 - 11:55 PM, said:

I do,... I would have chosen someone a little more skeptical.

Incredibly, just a few years later in 1996, my fear that Mack did not understand the hoaxer dynamic came true! One of Mack’s former patients, Donna Bassett, admitted to a NOVA television documentary team in Boston that she had made up the alien and UFO encounters that she had once told Dr. Mack. She based her story on her understanding of what others had said and written about the abduction phenomenon. Mack had never suspected it. He was entirely “taken in” by the woman’s fabrication.

THE FABRICATION OF ALIEN ABDUCTION: MY CONVERSATONS WITH DR. JOHN MACK by Anthony Bragalia http://ufocon.blogsp...duction-my.html

Do you have hard evidence showing the women is telling the truth this time? If she lied the first time, why should we trust her? All we have is her words that she lied? I need hard evidence, dammit!

#17    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,416 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:03 AM

View PostSwampgasBalloonBoy, on 18 January 2013 - 01:49 AM, said:

Do you have hard evidence showing the women is telling the truth this time? If she lied the first time, why should we trust her? All we have is her words that she lied? I need hard evidence, dammit!

In an 'either or' scenario then one of her stories has to be correct. Flip a coin? Either way it does cast enough doubt on her original tale that it shouldn't be taken at face value without corroborating evidence.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#18    SwampgasBalloonBoy

SwampgasBalloonBoy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:06 AM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 18 January 2013 - 02:03 AM, said:

In an 'either or' scenario then one of her stories has to be correct. Flip a coin? Either way it does cast enough doubt on her original tale that it shouldn't be taken at face value without corroborating evidence.

No one should believe a known liar without hard evidence

#19    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,416 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:08 AM

View PostSwampgasBalloonBoy, on 18 January 2013 - 02:06 AM, said:

No one should believe a known liar without hard evidence

:lol:

Agreed.

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#20    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,759 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:08 AM

View Postthe L, on 17 January 2013 - 09:04 PM, said:

Because he was only one who investigate those kids.
Some people like all under carpet.

John Mack has an interesting take on Abduction.

He originally was of the opinion that Abductions are a mental disease, I am not entirely convinced that deep down he ever let go of that idea. He came around to a more benign ideal, simply because upon examination, he personally could not find an anomaly in scans taken of certain subjects.  

Macks take on Abduction is that it is Spiritual, not physical. The BBC have quoted Mack saying:

"I would never say, yes, there are aliens taking people. [But] I would say there is a compelling powerful phenomenon here that I can't account for in any other way, that's mysterious. Yet I can't know what it is but it seems to me that it invites a deeper, further inquiry."

He does not appear to be of the opinion that spaceships are landing and actually taking people, but this is somehow happening in peoples heads.

This case as you might have suspected has been discussed quite often here. I believe reasonable explanations exist, but few are prepared to ask hard questions because the witnesses are children.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#21    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,759 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:10 AM

View PostScudbuster, on 17 January 2013 - 10:50 PM, said:

Well I must say that I have more faith in what I hear from 62 kids than I do from the U.S. Gov't on this matter.

I see nothing wrong with John Mack investigating this.

What does the US Government have to do with an African School?

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#22    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,759 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:22 AM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 18 January 2013 - 02:03 AM, said:

I do not think anone was lying. I have not got enough time to gather enough information, But i believe the children saw electrical workers repairing faults on the grid system.

#23    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,416 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:05 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 18 January 2013 - 02:22 AM, said:

I do not think anone was lying. I have not got enough time to gather enough information, But i believe the children saw electrical workers repairing faults on the grid system.

I was merely referring to the Donna Bassett story that Hazz linked to where she fooled Mack with a fictional abduction story. Or not, depending on which version you adhere to. :hmm:

I haven't looked into the school kids in Africa case much so I haven't made up my mind about it yet. It sounds like other than the testimony there isn't much to it.

Edited by Slave2Fate, 18 January 2013 - 03:12 AM.

#24    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,759 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:57 AM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 18 January 2013 - 03:05 AM, said:

I was merely referring to the Donna Bassett story that Hazz linked to where she fooled Mack with a fictional abduction story. Or not, depending on which version you adhere to. :hmm:

I haven't looked into the school kids in Africa case much so I haven't made up my mind about it yet. It sounds like other than the testimony there isn't much to it.

Opps sorry mate my bad!

I still think it was arrogant of Mack to write of a mental possibility, only because he did not find it himself. If we all adopted that attitude, Tombaugh would never have found Pluto.

The School kid story is always handled with kid gloves, so it's a bit annoying to discuss. People always get upset with "how can you accuse an innocent child of lying!!!" all the while not realising nor understanding that misinterpretation is also an avenue.

They all drew pictures, and while kids do draw things "as they see them" I still think it pays to consider that they do not look even similar for the most of it. The best ones look a great deal like Jupiter2 from Lost In Space. A great deal.

#25    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,983 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:23 AM

L,

try having a look through this thread, Psyche and I did do quite a bit of research and there is a lot of intersting info dug up....and I am sure there is much more.

http://www.unexplain...c=217232&st=135

maybe also look into Michael Hesemann.

#26    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,983 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:24 AM

View PostDBunker, on 17 January 2013 - 05:15 PM, said:

I have a question.... Is there any other "evidence" than just someone telling a story in this matter?

such as?

View Postthe L, on 17 January 2013 - 09:04 PM, said:

Because he was only one who investigate those kids.
Some people like all under carpet.

He wasnt the only one L.

#27    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:49 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 18 January 2013 - 02:22 AM, said:

Interesting,... Whenever you have the time, Im looking forward to the the rest, psyche.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#28    topsecretresearch

topsecretresearch

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:08 AM

Posted Image

There are certain commonalities in this case that matches other cases. The tight-fitting coverall, also the black or dark color coverall has been reported, short height, large eyes, ufo landing almost like it's a repair, telepathic type communication. I believe this case to be authentic.

This is a very popular case that people continually bring up on forums like these like Roswell, Socorro, Rendlesham Forest or whatever but that's okay, you got to start somewhere and the Ruwa, Zimbabwe case is a good close encounter from the 1990s.

Edited by topsecretresearch, 18 January 2013 - 10:11 AM.

#29    Scudbuster

Scudbuster

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

• "This Train will stop at Tucumcari"

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 18 January 2013 - 02:10 AM, said:

What does the US Government have to do with an African School?

Surely you jest. The U.S. gov't has opined numerous times over the past 50 years on the topic of UFO's -  and they have been far from truthful on the matter.

I will believe a group of kids and their observations far quicker than the typical government response.

#30    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,759 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:51 AM

View PostHazzard, on 18 January 2013 - 09:49 AM, said:

Interesting,... Whenever you have the time, Im looking forward to the the rest, psyche.

In a nutshell, there were several electrical faults in the area in the days before the event, and it always struck me strange that one alien had long black hair. I will elaborate more with more time, just signing off for today, but the descriptions I feel indicate a fault that looks something like ball lighting, travels along lines, and destroys transformers - a surge of sorts, and then I feel that repair crews were out fixing the damage, and the school kids saw a crew at a distance, and the elevated platform made them think these men were in a craft than went of the ground.
When I get more time, I will elaborate, and I will grab a photo of a drawing, and put it next the Lost In Space's Jupiter 2. Damn good likeness. That particular phenomena is not only reported in Africa, but in the general vicinity around the time of this incident.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users