Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

are aliens our future selves?


  • Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1    lavin

lavin

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Joined:25 Sep 2010

Posted 03 March 2011 - 06:39 AM

does anybody else think it could be possible that aliens could actually be us (humans) from the future that have come back in time for some reason maybe to save us from extinction, because in the future they would of worked out a massive amount more than we have so far so they would probably be likely to be able to time travel and do some pretty amazing things so maybe they have come back to watch over us or help us through this time. any comments about this welcome


#2    Disembodied Voice

Disembodied Voice

    Mystical Bean Chaointe

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Joined:12 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Wood River, Illinois, USA

  • My inspiration is ART...Because without ART we would just be stuck with reality. - Daniel R. Lynch

Posted 03 March 2011 - 06:48 AM

View Postlavin, on 03 March 2011 - 06:39 AM, said:

does anybody else think it could be possible that aliens could actually be us (humans) from the future that have come back in time for some reason maybe to save us from extinction, because in the future they would of worked out a massive amount more than we have so far so they would probably be likely to be able to time travel and do some pretty amazing things so maybe they have come back to watch over us or help us through this time. any comments about this welcome

Actually I have thought about that a lot. And IMO it sounds plausible. Ya never know what the future holds. I've discussed this with my husband many times.

Posted Image

MY PARANORMAL BLOG: ENTER IF YOU DARE!
"Reality is a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there."
"I am a lover not a fighter but I will fight for what I love."
"Don't tell me that the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon!"


#3    Viper2

Viper2

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 156 posts
  • Joined:22 Mar 2010
  • Gender:Male

Posted 03 March 2011 - 06:49 AM

View Postlavin, on 03 March 2011 - 06:39 AM, said:

does anybody else think it could be possible that aliens could actually be us (humans) from the future that have come back in time for some reason maybe to save us from extinction, because in the future they would of worked out a massive amount more than we have so far so they would probably be likely to be able to time travel and do some pretty amazing things so maybe they have come back to watch over us or help us through this time. any comments about this welcome

Yes, I think that is very possible.  I think that most true encounters are either with Zetas, time-traveling humans, or interdimensional beings.  There are theoretically 11 dimensions.


#4    StarMountainKid

StarMountainKid

    Cheese

  • Member
  • 3,937 posts
  • Joined:17 Feb 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Star Mountain, Corporate States of America

  • We have problems because we stray from what is innocent and pure.

Posted 03 March 2011 - 06:58 AM

I think it's a posibility, but where in human history do we see their intervention, and what have they done for us lately?

The acceptance of authority does not lead to intelligence.
A mind untouched by thought...the end of knowledge.
My credentials: http://www.unexplain...ic=87935&st=225

#5    Marks_Thoughts

Marks_Thoughts

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 120 posts
  • Joined:30 Jan 2011

Posted 03 March 2011 - 07:02 AM

View Postlavin, on 03 March 2011 - 06:39 AM, said:

does anybody else think it could be possible that aliens could actually be us (humans) from the future that have come back in time for some reason maybe to save us from extinction, because in the future they would of worked out a massive amount more than we have so far so they would probably be likely to be able to time travel and do some pretty amazing things so maybe they have come back to watch over us or help us through this time. any comments about this welcome
Consider your statement.  How could our future selves be coming back to save us from extinction?  If we go extinct there is nobody left to come back here.  
But, let's take this logically.  The Sun is moving through space in a determined rate of speed and traveling in a known direction.  The Earth and the planets are all orbiting around the Sun in predictable ways, at relatively high rates of speed.  Also, the Earth rotates and has the Moon orbiting it as well.  The physical point that I am standing right now is, in reality, thousands or millions of miles from the point I was at when I was born, even if I am at that same location on the surface of Earth.  Time travel implies that the traveler not only has to make the leap through time, but also through space as well.  
Think also of the physical stuff of what is actually involved in making such a leap.  Assume that I have built my spaceship-time machine and I'm ready to go.  First, I need to know that at the point I want to reach there is nothing already there.  I wouldn't want to have even a pea-sized rock in my chest when I materialized in the past.  Second, I want to be able to come back to my starting point.  What happens if I change something?  Is it possible for me to go home?  It's the old go back in time and kill your ancestor paradox.  The Butterfly Effect has merit in this discussion.
All of this said, it could be as simple as our future selves simply wanting to document history, or to gather DNA for study or other reasons.  It would be really awesome to go back to the Ice Age and actually see what the Earth looked like, who really lived here and where, and the flora and fauna.  Gathering that kind of DNA for use today would be a gold mine for health, medicine, and so much more.


#6    the1truebat

the1truebat

    The Be All End All of the Universe

  • Member
  • 3,861 posts
  • Joined:06 Mar 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Washington State

  • Yeah, I am that good.

Posted 03 March 2011 - 07:20 AM

Or, you could have just said no.

I am the guy with the stick.

#7    lavin

lavin

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Joined:25 Sep 2010

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:09 AM

View PostMarks_Thoughts, on 03 March 2011 - 07:02 AM, said:

Consider your statement.  How could our future selves be coming back to save us from extinction?  If we go extinct there is nobody left to come back here.  
But, let's take this logically.  The Sun is moving through space in a determined rate of speed and traveling in a known direction.  The Earth and the planets are all orbiting around the Sun in predictable ways, at relatively high rates of speed.  Also, the Earth rotates and has the Moon orbiting it as well.  The physical point that I am standing right now is, in reality, thousands or millions of miles from the point I was at when I was born, even if I am at that same location on the surface of Earth.  Time travel implies that the traveler not only has to make the leap through time, but also through space as well.  
Think also of the physical stuff of what is actually involved in making such a leap.  Assume that I have built my spaceship-time machine and I'm ready to go.  First, I need to know that at the point I want to reach there is nothing already there.  I wouldn't want to have even a pea-sized rock in my chest when I materialized in the past.  Second, I want to be able to come back to my starting point.  What happens if I change something?  Is it possible for me to go home?  It's the old go back in time and kill your ancestor paradox.  The Butterfly Effect has merit in this discussion.
All of this said, it could be as simple as our future selves simply wanting to document history, or to gather DNA for study or other reasons.  It would be really awesome to go back to the Ice Age and actually see what the Earth looked like, who really lived here and where, and the flora and fauna.  Gathering that kind of DNA for use today would be a gold mine for health, medicine, and so much more.




maybe without their help there will be no future. or the future dramatically alters unless we recieve their help it could happen similar to the back to the future movies. also in the future everything we now understand as facts will all have changed so who knows what gravity space and time would be like... amybe they dont even have physical bodies anymore,  they could be millions of years in front of us and its unimaginable what they would be capable of, maybe the theory that there is no time, no past future or present it could all be happening in different dimensions so they could slip in and out of any time period at their  will  with them being so far advanced than we are... anything is possible.  i agree with you that we could be being monitered or more so i believe we are being monitered but not sure what for and whether its a good or bad thing for us.


#8    lavin

lavin

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Joined:25 Sep 2010

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:23 AM

View PostMarks_Thoughts, on 03 March 2011 - 07:02 AM, said:

Consider your statement.  How could our future selves be coming back to save us from extinction?  If we go extinct there is nobody left to come back here.  
But, let's take this logically.  The Sun is moving through space in a determined rate of speed and traveling in a known direction.  The Earth and the planets are all orbiting around the Sun in predictable ways, at relatively high rates of speed.  Also, the Earth rotates and has the Moon orbiting it as well.  The physical point that I am standing right now is, in reality, thousands or millions of miles from the point I was at when I was born, even if I am at that same location on the surface of Earth.  Time travel implies that the traveler not only has to make the leap through time, but also through space as well.  
Think also of the physical stuff of what is actually involved in making such a leap.  Assume that I have built my spaceship-time machine and I'm ready to go.  First, I need to know that at the point I want to reach there is nothing already there.  I wouldn't want to have even a pea-sized rock in my chest when I materialized in the past.  Second, I want to be able to come back to my starting point.  What happens if I change something?  Is it possible for me to go home?  It's the old go back in time and kill your ancestor paradox.  The Butterfly Effect has merit in this discussion.
All of this said, it could be as simple as our future selves simply wanting to document history, or to gather DNA for study or other reasons.  It would be really awesome to go back to the Ice Age and actually see what the Earth looked like, who really lived here and where, and the flora and fauna.  Gathering that kind of DNA for use today would be a gold mine for health, medicine, and so much more.



#9    lavin

lavin

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Joined:25 Sep 2010

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:30 AM

what is logic anyway?  whats logical to us now will seem stupid and uninformed in 100 years. we are only just beginning to become aware of the real truth


#10    Mangoze

Mangoze

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts
  • Joined:30 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Male

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:56 AM

The foundations for logic were laid over 2000 years ago, and are still used today.


#11    PaoloWillente

PaoloWillente

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 179 posts
  • Joined:17 May 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oxfordshire

Posted 03 March 2011 - 10:41 AM

The thought of something/someone coming back in time is mind blowing. That would mean everything we do is a formality because the very fact that they are coming from the future means the future is happening right now. Granted anything could be possible but there is something about that thought that I can't quite get my head round.

Talk about skeletons in your closet, well there's a ****ing cemetery in mine!

#12    lavin

lavin

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Joined:25 Sep 2010

Posted 03 March 2011 - 10:57 AM

View PostPaoloWillente, on 03 March 2011 - 10:41 AM, said:

The thought of something/someone coming back in time is mind blowing. That would mean everything we do is a formality because the very fact that they are coming from the future means the future is happening right now. Granted anything could be possible but there is something about that thought that I can't quite get my head round.





yes i feel the same i think if something like that was happening i dont really fully understand it but i think it would be beyond our comprehension at this stage in our evolution, but also what we are doing may not be just a formality or already written in history because as humans we have free will and maybe they are here trying to guide us in the right direction. there could be countless futures depending on what happens in this time and era but i find it very exciting and also a bit scary too and i think there are going to be massive changes ahead,


#13    dazdillinjah

dazdillinjah

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts
  • Joined:25 Aug 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Auckland

  • "We went to explore the Moon & discovered the Earth" Gene Cernan

Posted 03 March 2011 - 11:10 AM

The theory that UFO's are future earth craft has been bounced around for decades ...however aliens ..by definition are extra-terrestrial and therefore not from Earth ..and the possibility that non-earthly civilizations exist is far more likely than the chance of us being visited by our future selves

plus its much more likely an extra-terrestrial civilization could achieve star-travel than it would be that humans/ or any extra-terrestrial civilization would be able to travel backwards in time

so really it comes down to 1 + 1 = ? the answer heavily sways to extra-terrestril visitation than terrestrial time travel


#14    StarMountainKid

StarMountainKid

    Cheese

  • Member
  • 3,937 posts
  • Joined:17 Feb 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Star Mountain, Corporate States of America

  • We have problems because we stray from what is innocent and pure.

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:03 PM

The Grandfather Paradox does come into play here. If I go back in time and assassinate Hitler, my grandfather may not have had to immigrate to the U.S. and met my American grandmother and I would not have been born to go back in time and assassinate Hitler.

Same with our future selves returning to Earth to change things. If they are our future selves they're probably archeologists or historians just observing, being careful not to disturb anything very much.

I remember reading a story by Ray Bradbury about time travelers going back to dinosaur times, and one of them accidently stepped on and killed a butterfly. When they returned to their time, their whole society had changed. A real butterfly effect.

The acceptance of authority does not lead to intelligence.
A mind untouched by thought...the end of knowledge.
My credentials: http://www.unexplain...ic=87935&st=225

#15    Firestone66

Firestone66

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 164 posts
  • Joined:21 Jan 2011
  • Gender:Male

  • The wonders of life are too interesting to be conservative. To think life is conservative, is the definition of crazy.

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:20 PM

I thought this as a possibility as well. Aliens are not really aliens at all, but humans of future. I have opened my mind to this idea, it is definitely a theory that can be explored. I know the time travel factor is a huge obstacle to accept as possible. My ideas on time travel, is yes, it will be very complex, making it a one way~one stop event.  Why they have chose to come back leaves a lot of room for interpretation

Edited by Firestone66, 03 March 2011 - 04:21 PM.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users