Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Psychic quits after winning National Lottery

Saru

Who can say for sure. Some people might be pcychics and not know it. Believe me, I'm not a huge advocate of psychics but I won't completely dismiss the possibility.

or maybe some are psychic and don't tell anyone cuz they don't want to be picking their lottery numbers for them. ;)

• Like 1

For the most part, you are exactly RIGHT!!!

True psychic's have no need of money, etc... In fact, they abhor it.

Really? Where do you get that from?

So..what do they do for food, rent, their children's well-being, transportation and so on? Live off of welfare? Steal? Beg for food, clothing, fuel, transportation and medical care? Money is merely a tool of exchange and nothing more. Nothing to "abhor" about it. Psychics are not above the rest of us.

Because they can buffalo the gullible into thinking that what they do is real and legitimate.

After all people are willing to pay for any service if they are convinced it will "help" them.

You know what is false advertising?

The psychics are very convincing, they all quarantine that they are genuine and will help sort out your problems.....for me that is false advertising, if it was any different job where the title is genuine, the people working there can be sued for false advert as for the psychic not so much.

I'm not even a christian but what you are saying is like Jesus should have charge for helping people out....believe me it the same thing.

Let say it being a psychic is a gift, so that kind of gift can apparently came from god. I don't believe god will give you a gift so yuo can take money from poor people ( because moistly poor people are visiting the psychics).

I understand that everybody have to pay there bills and eat, but being a psychic is a gift not a job, and psychic people should not take advantage of that.

* i'm saying if being a psychic is real gift, personally i think its a lie*

We're not talking about Jesus; consider that he existed (if at all) in a different era.

I don't care if being a psychic is a gift or not. They should be able to charge for their services (in the loosest sense of the term)

After all, being a creative artist is a gift too so are they supposed to create great works for absolutely free?

The cost of living is expensive and there are bills to pay, if one cannot use their "gifts" as a means to earn a living then they may as well just give up and work for McDonalds or work in an office or someplace that doesn't require anything special except memorizing how to do repetitive tasks.

• Like 1

We're not talking about Jesus; consider that he existed (if at all) in a different era.

I don't care if being a psychic is a gift or not. They should be able to charge for their services (in the loosest sense of the term)

After all, being a creative artist is a gift too so are they supposed to create great works for absolutely free?

The cost of living is expensive and there are bills to pay, if one cannot use their "gifts" as a means to earn a living then they may as well just give up and work for McDonalds or work in an office or someplace that doesn't require anything special except memorizing how to do repetitive tasks.

exactly my point, but expressed far better lol.

thank you ryu

The law of averages says that even one of these *snip* will win Lotto one day... There was no psychic prediction here.

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy
name calling removed

"People will have to go elsewhere" it's amazing how money turns people into ar**holes..

And is it really fair That an apparent psychic won the lottery? She may of seen into the future? That's an unfair advantage hahaha

• 1 month later...

Well if you apply to every Euro Chance100 in the world, then yeah sure, you can increase your chances. But winning the lottery in any country is usually a one out of a million or billion chance.

Edited by Tiggs

Well duh, of course she would because people who claim to be psychics are either charlatans or just idiots who think their thoughts mean something. Hell, I'd pretend to be a psychic too because there's millions of gullible people out there who believe in such nonsense.

What's the percentage of psychics that win the lottery, as compared to the percentage of non-psychics that win the lottery?

What does that have to do with what Simbi was saying?

If you do something from love, there is no retirement, especially if you have a "gift" to help people.

Retiring doesn't mean to stop doing what you know. It means to stop doing it as your job.

I used to read tarot cards, i never charged anyone for the readings and i had some accuracy at it but i was taught that using 'the gift' as it was callled for myself in any way was to call down bad Karma on myself. The worst bad karma i received from reading the cards was the day i was slapped silly by someone i did a reading for because the reading came true. she blamed me and my cards for what came true.

• Like 1

Ok I am now getting fed up with the bs...

First, I absolutely hate the term psychic even though I am considered by many to be a psychic medium. Why? It implies the ability to see not just the paranormal, past, and present... But the ability to see the future of which I cannot do and do not know anyone who can.

Second, pricing your services really depends on your services. Simply explained, if you're offering these services as a means to provide for yourself and/or family, by all means set your price. Now if you're offering these services cause you just want to help people you should NOT ask them to pay a fee. Accepting donations/tips from people you've helped is one thing, but someone really interested in helping others doesn't do so at a price.

NOTE: if you do have a price don't go claiming that you're in this line of work to help others, it's a vile and disgusting lie to tell.

Finally, regardless of who wins the lottery or what talents they might have, choosing to retire does not reflect any sort of ill intention. Truth be told, any person with half a mind that comes across such a substantial amount of money would retreat to there new dream life and let the world worry about itself. Lets face it, how many lottery winners have you seen helping others?

Ok I am now getting fed up with the bs...

First, I absolutely hate the term psychic even though I am considered by many to be a psychic medium. Why? It implies the ability to see not just the paranormal, past, and present... But the ability to see the future of which I cannot do and do not know anyone who can.

A lot of people have had striking pre-cognitive dreams. I only mention this because it has happened to me once in my life, and I'll never forget it. I had a dream that I went to visit a stranger's house and he gave me and my friend a tour. Some months later, my friend said someone he knew had offered him a job in Utah and I was invited. We drove a U-Haul over there across a few states, and when we arrived the man gave us a tour of his house. The same tour from the dream.

I'll never forget this.

• Like 1

I love that so many people missed Capt Amerika's sarcasm.

• Like 1

Yeah, I hear you on that. "Pure" spirituality would have no desire for money, or even material possessions beyond the basics.

Expect that we dont all live in a Free World. We Need Money, and Basic Material Possessions to Survive.

And we aren't pure. We're human.

What's wrong with this? She just one 2.2 million! Anyone would leave their job of 40 years! She can retire now and just enjoy the money. The media needs to stay out of peoples buisness. And actually get a story on something that matters.

This isn't news, this is gossip.

Edited by Classified Document

A lot of people have had striking pre-cognitive dreams. I only mention this because it has happened to me once in my life, and I'll never forget it. I had a dream that I went to visit a stranger's house and he gave me and my friend a tour. Some months later, my friend said someone he knew had offered him a job in Utah and I was invited. We drove a U-Haul over there across a few states, and when we arrived the man gave us a tour of his house. The same tour from the dream.

I'll never forget this.

That isn't psychic ability, that's a precognitive dream. Being psychic implies the ability to do it at will. These dreams one has no control over.

So yes it is possible to have a minor insight into what the future holds, but no that's still not psychic ability.

Which btw is off-topic... We're talking about a psychic winning the lottery and retiring, and being labeled as a scammer.

I love that so many people missed Capt Amerika's sarcasm.

THANK YOU!!!!!

I had assumed the BAZINGA was implied.

I was truly beginning to think that no one had even noticed.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Well done to Beti Schulz.

It only took her 40 years of predictions to make one that turned out right.

So she has about as much chance as a non-psychic person.