Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Col. Charles Halt claims US UFO coverup

• Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic

#61    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 6,741 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:20 PM

Too bad WikiLeaks didn't uncover something interesting on this whole subject.

#62    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,157 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:57 PM

Here's the problem when someone claims something extraordinary without solid evidence: It could be true. It could not be true.

Basically, we're back to a stalemate.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#63    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:31 AM

What have we here?

Posted Image

#64    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:34 AM

Another glowing lighthouse in the forest that showed up on radar, more than one of them in fact.  Most peculiar.  LOL

#65    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:38 AM

That was sure some crappy video.  Which of you jokers separated the pictures from the documents, anyway?

Posted Image

And no, that was not a picture of Sergeant B!

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 28 September 2012 - 01:45 AM.

#66    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:42 AM

#67    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,404 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:37 AM

Brings to mind the old T.V. series the "Invaders" Ehwee so very,scary!

This is a Work in Progress!

#68    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:41 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 28 September 2012 - 03:37 AM, said:

Brings to mind the old T.V. series the "Invaders" Ehwee so very,scary!

You sure scare easily.  LOL

#69    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,404 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:46 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 28 September 2012 - 03:41 AM, said:

You sure scare easily.  LOL
YEah ! ITs the Thick Texas Air we all have to suck up here in Big-D ! kind makes the grey matter spook easy ! :tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#70    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:18 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 28 September 2012 - 03:46 AM, said:

YEah ! ITs the Thick Texas Air we all have to suck up here in Big-D ! kind makes the grey matter spook easy ! :tu:

I would have expected no less.  I spent some time there when I was in the military and recall 100-degree temperatures and 100% humidity.

#71    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,114 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:30 AM

View Postzoser, on 26 September 2012 - 07:33 PM, said:

I just think you are just living in some make believe world.  

Holy cow Zoser.

Are you serious? That is quite a statement coming from you. I always felt your nick should be Peter Pan.

These are men of integrity, honour and who pride themselves in carrying out their duty to the highest standards.  Making up a tale or misrepresenting something as blatant as this is not the style of people like this.

That is not the story. The personell were at a Christmas Party. One does not have to be an alcoholic or a drug addict to be under the weather at a social gathering marked by an annual holiday of celebration. That's the point, 90% of the UK was probably also a bit drunk. There were reports of drugs on base, we hear that about every military installation at one time or another. It happens, and we all know it does, these brave people are in fact people, and do things people do. This is not disrespectful of the heroes who cover our backsides with their own lives, it means they have a social life, like most people on the planet.

If we were dealing with drug addicts, crooks, alcoholics, mischief making bums, I would totally agree with you.  Not military men of rank and honour.  Somewhere along the line one has to stand up for these people and the testimonies they relate, or quality dealings between people become a joke.  To me there are people who still uphold the truth in this world that can be trusted, and this case refers to such folk.

But you are picking one testimony over another. And I do not think a single person on this board would wonder why you made the choice you did. There are mountains of inconsistency associated with the claims, how is that reconciled? You appear to be consulting faith.

It was a multiple witness sighting, documented, and consistently described.  That's it.  It is not a unique example of unknown objects interfering with nuclear installations.  It has happened multiple times before.  There is a pattern; I'm sure you know the cases.

The consistency is very much overstated.

It is clear that some people were aware of these statements and their contents but chose not to present them publicly. I !nd it a bit hypocritical that a group that was supposed to be “Against UFO secrecy” had sat on these documents for some time, and several authors apparently had access to them (or parts of them) prior to Easton’s revelations.  Jenny Randles included part of Burroughs sketch in her book UFO Crash Landing.  Did she have access to the entire document or did she get fed only the pieces that Halt or others decided for her? Inquiring minds would like to know because the reason these documents were hidden from public view became clear when Easton presented them. Some of the major items revealed in these documents were:

1. Penniston is the only person that mentions a “craft” of any kind and then mentions that they only got within 50 meters.  His sketch does not show a triangular shape.

2. Both Burroughs and Cabansag (the third member of the group) report seeing a “beacon light” and pursuing it for some distance (they estimated 2 miles) before realizing that it was a lighthouse.  Rendlesham dogma was that everybody knew about the lighthouse. These statements demonstrate this was not the case.

3. Msgt Chandler acted as a relay station for the three team members as they proceeded into the woods but did not report seeing any craft even though Penniston indicated the craft was not that far into the woods and was seen by various base personnel as it departed.

4. Lt. Buran stated he monitored what transpired on the radio and ordered a recall of the airmen at 0354, less than one hour after the events started. He makes no mention of any of the stories later told by Penniston concerning the craft and inspection.

Considering the time line with much of what transpired, this makes Penniston’’s account  (and his notebook) suspect. If one throws in the account of a pursuit through the woods towards the “beacon light” described by Burroughs/Cabansag, it is extremely di#cult to believe that Penniston’s version of events is accurate.  Both LT. Buran and MSGT Chandler state the events started around 0300, which demonstrates Penniston’s claim of the events starting at midnight is false. Penniston and Burroughs have claimed they did not tell the whole story in their statements.  However, Buran and Chandler had no reason to lie about the time the event started and the omission of any details relayed by Penniston. Instead, their statements pretty much con!rm what Burroughs and Cabansag described.
Charles Halt in the Strange but True Liveepisode in 1997, made the following statement regarding these documents (which had not been made public at the time):

The story, so to speak, as far as the size and shape has not changed through the years.
I took original statements from the three people that actually approached the object and did it the day afterwards and they all said the same thing when they were independently interviewed and they all said
it was approximately 9 feet on a side and it was triangular.

Looking at the documents, we now know that his statement is false on several accounts:

1. He took the statements on the 2nd of January as indicated by the dates on several of the reports. He con!rmed this to AJS Rayl in an article called Ba$ed at Bentwaters. This was not the “day afterwards”.  

2. None of the statements made by Penniston, Burroughs, or Cabansag ever indicated a distinct “triangular craft” of any kind and none gave a dimension of nine feet. Penniston’s original story in Out of the blue gave dimensions that did not include the number of  nine.  

It appears that Colonel Halt was less than accurate and, apparently, less than honest when he spoke on that program and since.  His failure to reveal the statements by Burroughs and Cabansag about the lighthouse pursuit, demonstrates a desire to conceal facts from the public in order to make his story sound credible. Can one really trust a man that chooses to conceal information from others in order to perpetuate his own version of events?
Halt’s recent accusations that the governments of Britain and the US are “covering up” the case sound hypocritical in light of this information.  

LINK

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#72    Realm

Realm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts

• "The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination."
    Albert Einstein

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:38 AM

What do they expect the government to do? Tell the truth? If they have alien technology, they certainly aren't going to share it with the public. About the
only application that would immediately come to mind for such technology would be military and space endeavors.

#73    Oppono Astos

Oppono Astos

Overlord of Delgon

• 2,085 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:50 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 27 September 2012 - 08:37 PM, said:

The witnesses who saw the UFO are the ones who matter, not somebody who was not even there.
Not witnesses with inconsistent accounts over more than one night, accounts (and the location of events) which in the case of Penniston have changed and been embellished over the years.  Not a party in the forest unfamiliar with the location and surroundings who misidentified a lighthouse - Halt didn't even know where Orford was from Capel Green.
If we are to accept accounts from servicemen as true then Kevin Conde is also telling the truth.

Who is the skeptic: the realist who won't accept belief, or the believer who won't accept reality?

#74    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,114 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:00 AM

View PostRealm, on 28 September 2012 - 06:38 AM, said:

What do they expect the government to do? Tell the truth? If they have alien technology, they certainly aren't going to share it with the public. About the
only application that would immediately come to mind for such technology would be military and space endeavors.

So why would the Middle East not say Boo about a spaceship landing at Orford Ness? Do you really think they, North Korea, Vietnam, Russia and China would just sit by and go wow? And do you really think something like this would get past them all if any?

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#75    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:04 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 28 September 2012 - 04:18 AM, said:

I would have expected no less.  I spent some time there when I was in the military and recall 100-degree temperatures and 100% humidity.
I was in Dallas in the summer of '98.  IIRC for something like 35 days, the temperature at even at night hovered around 95.

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users