Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

"No skeptics aloud" syndrome

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

#31    Sporkling

Sporkling

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,841 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 03:11 AM

Nothing will change at all. AG you are quite right.

#32    krillansavillan

krillansavillan

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 03:15 AM

only assistance is required, if they wana be skeptic, make a new thread disputing it,

#33    Im-postle-able

Im-postle-able

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 245 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 03:40 AM

Heartagram3200 on Mar 26 2008, 10:46 PM, said:

Hey papaver, I am one of the few who acrually shows proof...Or tries atleats, you guys are never happy though...

Quick enter the James Randi million dollar challenge! $1,000,000 for anyone being able to prove and paranormal effects / abilities... (plus you'd probably win a nobel prize for discovering a new range of physical laws etc) :-/

I don't think skeptics MEAN to be abusive or rude (unless they're a jackass) The problem simply stems from one group of people (skeptics) requiring reproducible, testable, evidence to believe in the paranormal.. and the other group (paranormal believers) believe in what they do often in the face of contradictory evidence..

(as an example)  The experiments to prove a paranormal event like a psychic etc are very simple.. all they do is remove any forms of trickery and give results which would instantly prove/disprove a psychic event... To a Skeptic who simply needs very very simple forms of evidence to prove a paranormal event, the advent of believers twisting & weaving, denying evidence, making excuses, refusing to the tested is INCREDIBLY frustrating. Unfortunately all this non-evidence can make tempers heat up..

Overall i don't think people should post *no skeptics* in their posts... everyone (reguardless or thier beliefs) should simply follow basic human courtesy.. (always hard in the easily mis-interperated world of typed words)

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?” - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

#34    Papaver

Papaver

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 07:12 AM

jay123 on Mar 26 2008, 10:56 PM, said:

what happens in the end when you can't prove it though? were do we go from there?

I'm hoping that Heart can give a good demonstration of his powers with at least some basic controls involved which will be more than we have seen from all the other TK claimants with their uncovered wheels and fakery.  Heart doesn't seem like a faker to me.  Also I think that Heart himself will learn a lot from these tests.

I will try to encourage Heart to go to somebody with experience in the scientific method like a high school physics teacher who, if convinced, could start the ball rolling with some decent tests, maybe get a professor involved.  If Heart can do what he says he can do we have here a chance to prove this ability to the world.  Heart could the first and foremost real TK practitioner on the planet.

"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine

#35    Atheist God

Atheist God

Alien Abducter

• 5,438 posts

• At war with the evil Drug Enforcement Agency for over a decade!

Posted 27 March 2008 - 07:35 AM

Papaver on Mar 27 2008, 02:12 AM, said:

I'm hoping that Heart can give a good demonstration of his powers with at least some basic controls involved which will be more than we have seen from all the other TK claimants with their uncovered wheels and fakery.  Heart doesn't seem like a faker to me.  Also I think that Heart himself will learn a lot from these tests.

I will try to encourage Heart to go to somebody with experience in the scientific method like a high school physics teacher who, if convinced, could start the ball rolling with some decent tests, maybe get a professor involved.  If Heart can do what he says he can do we have here a chance to prove this ability to the world.  Heart could the first and foremost real TK practitioner on the planet.

If I knew I could do what he claims I would do everything in my power to seek an audience with members of the scientific community.

Heart if you proved to the world what you claim to be able to do you could drop out of school and live off of the wealth you would gain.... Think about it, you would gain instant millions from all the TV appearences, movie deals, book deals and royalties.

Who doesn't want to not have to work like seriously... You could just do whatever you wanted and retire in your teens.

Posted Image

A site I write my own articles. sw-gm check em out.

#36    RX-7

RX-7

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 10:02 AM

Im-postle-able on Mar 27 2008, 01:10 PM, said:

I don't think skeptics MEAN to be abusive or rude (unless they're a jackass) The problem simply stems from one group of people (skeptics) requiring reproducible, testable, evidence to believe in the paranormal.. and the other group (paranormal believers) believe in what they do often in the face of contradictory evidence..

(as an example)  The experiments to prove a paranormal event like a psychic etc are very simple.. all they do is remove any forms of trickery and give results which would instantly prove/disprove a psychic event... To a Skeptic who simply needs very very simple forms of evidence to prove a paranormal event, the advent of believers twisting & weaving, denying evidence, making excuses, refusing to the tested is INCREDIBLY frustrating. Unfortunately all this non-evidence can make tempers heat up..

how do you prove something like reincarnation...

#37    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,150 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 27 March 2008 - 10:02 AM

Threads which deliberately shut out anyone with an opposing viewpoint are generally disallowed, threads that ask for 'no skeptics' will either be closed or we'll ask the OP to remove that restriction. This is a discussion forum where discussions should allow for all manner of views and opinions, not just the opinions the OP wants to hear.

By the very nature of psychic phenomena there will always be disagreement between believers and skeptics, it is not only unavoidable but essential for objective discussion to take place.

What is not acceptable are insults, personal attacks and bickering. Members are asked to conduct themselves in a civil manner and avoid getting annoyed when unable to convince the other side to change their minds. Similarly, members claiming extraordinary psychic abilities should avoid becoming annoyed when others question what they are saying and remember that questions and criticisms are not 'insults'. If you make an extraordinary claim then you cannot expect everyone to simply accept it at face value, we're all looking for answers here, most skeptics want to be convinced.

As always we encourage members to hit 'report' to let us know about inapropriate behevaiour.

Now lets get back to some serious and civil debate on the metaphysics board please.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users