Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

US government: "mermaids don't exist"

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#1    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,935 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:16 AM

In an unusual announcement the US government has assured people that mermaids most likely don't exist.

The Herald Sun said:

The United States government has assured its citizens that, much like zombies, mermaids probably do not exist, saying in an official post: "No evidence of aquatic humanoids has ever been found".

Posted Image Read more...

#2    WillSoMysterious

WillSoMysterious

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 90 posts
  • Location:In a dark, dark town there was a dark, dark street and in the dark, dark street there was a dark, dark house, and in the dark, dark house there were some dark, dark stairs and down the dark, dark stairs there was a dark, dark cellar and in the dark, dark cellar, WillSoMysterious lived.

• "You know one of them ones where you have to wipe your bum cheeks first?" - Junior Chubb 2013

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:25 AM

They do... They just don't us to know about them! Conspiracies! Argh!

#3    ZaraKitty

ZaraKitty

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

• I can see it in their eyes, they've already died.

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:26 AM

The government just ruined 100s of little girls dreams. Although when I was told I couldn't grow up to be a dinosaur I was devastated, then moved on to horses.

The internet is a series of tubes, and those tubes are full of cats.

#4    Old Man Waffles

Old Man Waffles

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:29 AM

SPOILSPORTS!  :o

#5    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:30 AM

Why did they even mention Zombies in this. Most of the article is about zombies. LOL

Me thinks they jsut wanted to make more of a point about the zombies than the mermaids.

Edited by Coffey, 04 July 2012 - 09:30 AM.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#6    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 15,769 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:43 AM

What with the economy, huge debt, the health care fiasco, and various wars, I'm surprized the US government finds the time for this kind of stuff. I can see it now...Congressman assures his constituents that he's been 'working hard' on their behalf by de-bunking mermaids and zombies. :rolleyes:

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#7    paul the walrus

paul the walrus

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 145 posts

• "Instant Karma's gonna get you, its gonna look you right in the face."

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:03 AM

Finally, I actually believe our government is telling the truth, for once.

#8    Lady Llayne

Lady Llayne

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 32 posts

• Be happy, you are the only one that controls you. Never mind the rest. Its mind over matter, if you don't mind they don't matter :)

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:09 AM

bwa hahahaha !!!
Really, the feel the need to "let the people know" that they dont exsist... Makes me think that the are more full of beans then any thing else. I mean really, what is the need to now turn around and say that there are no mermaids...
And Zombies, Im sorry but I have to admit that given the resent things that have been hapening in the States, with that new drug out on the street, I can see a Zombie up rising... lol

#9    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Missing the 'Banned' Wagon

• 4,731 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:11 AM

Maybe they should have a word with that school that is using Nessie to disprove evolution.

Or maybe that school could use mermaids as stronger evidence to disprove evolution.

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny. Anyway, it's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.

#10    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,662 posts

• "I'm an optimistic, don't know." Onslow

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:17 AM

Finally, I can dig up my garden and plant what I want to plant instead of peashooters, cherry bombs, doom-shrooms, cob cannons, and the like.

Keep your eyes wide open and don't run!

P.S. Just to be clear, because sometimes I am not. I do not believe...
in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#11    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:19 AM

View PostLady Llayne, on 04 July 2012 - 10:09 AM, said:

bwa hahahaha !!!
Really, the feel the need to "let the people know" that they dont exsist... Makes me think that the are more full of beans then any thing else. I mean really, what is the need to now turn around and say that there are no mermaids...
And Zombies, Im sorry but I have to admit that given the resent things that have been hapening in the States, with that new drug out on the street, I can see a Zombie up rising... lol

Well i said this when Nasa starts giving in to conspiracy theorists trying to prove they went ot the moon etc. If it's so silly then why are they bothering to even answer these things? lol

It's like if a person came upto me and said "your not a man, you don't have balls"... I'm not going to actually stoop low enough to that persons level and pull my balls out am I? lol

View PostLilly, on 04 July 2012 - 09:43 AM, said:

What with the economy, huge debt, the health care fiasco, and various wars, I'm surprized the US government finds the time for this kind of stuff. I can see it now...Congressman assures his constituents that he's been 'working hard' on their behalf by de-bunking mermaids and zombies. :rolleyes:

I think you covered why in your post... To change the subject and make people think about somehting else instead of the state of the econemy etc.

#12    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

• 4,731 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:19 AM

View PostCoffey, on 04 July 2012 - 09:30 AM, said:

Why did they even mention Zombies in this. Most of the article is about zombies. LOL

Me thinks they jsut wanted to make more of a point about the zombies than the mermaids.

I wonder if The Walking Dead might be responsible for a recent surge in Zombie fear!

That bloke who bit off a tramps face probably didn't help matters...

http://www.thesun.co...to-emerges.html (Sorry its from the Sun, but the image looks like its straight from a Zombie film)

http://thecount.com/...-eating-victim/ (Do not click this link if you are squeamish, it's the victims face)

Edited by Junior Chubb, 04 July 2012 - 10:30 AM.

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny. Anyway, it's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.

#13    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:24 AM

View PostJunior Chubb, on 04 July 2012 - 10:19 AM, said:

I wonder if The Walking Dead might be responsible for a recent surge in Zombie fear!

Such a good program, I think it might be making the zombie thing more popular. Especially as they mentioned the CDC.

Zombies aren't imposisble though, just very unlikely.

Just seems weird that an artcle that doens't mention it in the headline has 60% or more of it based on the Zombie thing jsut now. lol

I think the media is making it worse though by not reporting proper facts on the attacks. Like they keep saying it IS Bath salts with no evidence and then the first guy has been proven not to have had bath salts.

The whole thing is a mess because of the media.

#14    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

• 4,731 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:35 AM

View PostCoffey, on 04 July 2012 - 10:24 AM, said:

Such a good program, I think it might be making the zombie thing more popular. Especially as they mentioned the CDC.

Zombies aren't imposisble though, just very unlikely.

Just seems weird that an artcle that doens't mention it in the headline has 60% or more of it based on the Zombie thing jsut now. lol

I think the media is making it worse though by not reporting proper facts on the attacks. Like they keep saying it IS Bath salts with no evidence and then the first guy has been proven not to have had bath salts.

The whole thing is a mess because of the media.

I think parts of a Zombie epidemic are possible, just not 'head shot' being the only way to kill them. A virus could change peoples behaviour, maybe make them cannibalistic and be easily spread but not almost indestructible or rising form the dead.

I do like a good Zombie flick, and even better is waking up in the morning after a Zombie Apocalypse dream (and being able to remember the details).

Edited by Junior Chubb, 04 July 2012 - 10:37 AM.

#15    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:14 AM

Wonder how many millions the Government spent to determine that they, "probably do not exist"? Talk about always keep an exit open just in case the odd zombie or mermaid should pop up?

Our Government at work!~!!

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

By Aliens Exist in Evolution Theory?, on 05 July 2012 - 05:30 AM

Source: US government: "mermaids don't exist"

Yeah, OK,  U.S. Government, I believe that just like I believe that Area 51 and the Mafia don't exist?

Were not all that stupid U.S. government, were really not at...

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users