Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

5 Injured at Ohio, NC, Indiana Gun Shows

guns; injury; gun shows;

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,729 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:14 PM

Wow what perfect timing to have a few more idiots handling guns to push through gun illegalisation

#17    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,223 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 20 January 2013 - 03:11 PM, said:

Was wondering this too, considering  a security guard guarding a school has a gun which is NOT loaded, then why have these loaded at an exhibition?

My theory about the incident at the security check is that the owner did not know the thing was loaded... which is how most gun accidents happen.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#18    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,813 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 20 January 2013 - 07:01 AM, said:

Alotta spin. Was one gun show when it first aired. I wonder if it was a paid anti gun freak that did this one. This thread should be probably be moved to CT section.

http://www.chicagotr...0,1065796.story

People harp on the gun control side for facts and statistics, and then just dismiss everything that doesn't suit you as some sort of conspiracy.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#19    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,677 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 20 January 2013 - 03:33 PM, said:

My theory about the incident at the security check is that the owner did not know the thing was loaded... which is how most gun accidents happen.
the owners must have known their guns were loaded?

On another note:

"Sheriff Donnie Harrison said he was unsure whether it was legal to bring a loaded gun on state fairgrounds. However, when the state fair is held in October, it is illegal to bring a loaded gun to the fairground because of the large crowds, authorities said."

The Sheriff is unsure? how the heck are the people going to know then? :cry:

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#20    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,813 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

Which shows complacency towards gun safety, I say.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#21    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,223 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:53 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 20 January 2013 - 03:43 PM, said:

the owners must have known their guns were loaded?

On another note:

"Sheriff Donnie Harrison said he was unsure whether it was legal to bring a loaded gun on state fairgrounds. However, when the state fair is held in October, it is illegal to bring a loaded gun to the fairground because of the large crowds, authorities said."

The Sheriff is unsure? how the heck are the people going to know then? :cry:

Well, if you stick a gun anywhere near you not knowing whether it is loaded or not and you do not check it before doing that you should question you competence in gun handling. Yes, whoever has his hands on his gun should know whether it is loaded.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#22    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Unsafe at Any Speed

• 24,140 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 20 January 2013 - 03:53 PM, said:

Well, if you stick a gun anywhere near you not knowing whether it is loaded or not and you do not check it before doing that you should question you competence in gun handling. Yes, whoever has his hands on his gun should know whether it is loaded.
Should be, like i said, a basic rule to determine who shouldn't have a Gun.
As should knowing not to point it at any part of you, or anybody else, when you're loading or unloading it.
Darwin Awards as applied to gun ownership.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#23    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,677 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:42 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 20 January 2013 - 03:53 PM, said:

Absolutely, sad thing is, I would imagine that all those at the exhibition with guns, were licensed to have them.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#24    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:16 PM

Accidents shouldn't have a place in this debate, honestly, even highly trained individuals who are regularly around guns even make mistakes. It is human nature... to use human nature to justify changing the constitution is nothing but a shady move. If Obama's admin and congresses try to capitalize on this, I will lose any respect I have left for them. Of course I was taught to check and double check to see if a bullet is chambered, that means ejecting the shells out multiple times until I am absolutely sure. Then I will proceed to look into the chamber and count my bullets to make sure I have the exact number. I hold gun safety in high regards.

Edited by Uncle Sam, 20 January 2013 - 06:18 PM.

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

#25    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,677 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

View PostUncle Sam, on 20 January 2013 - 06:16 PM, said:

Accidents shouldn't have a place in this debate, honestly, even highly trained individuals who are regularly around guns even make mistakes. It is human nature... to use human nature to justify changing the constitution is nothing but a shady move. If Obama's admin and congresses try to capitalize on this, I will lose any respect I have left for them. Of course I was taught to check and double check to see if a bullet is chambered, that means ejecting the shells out multiple times until I am absolutely sure. Then I will proceed to look into the chamber and count my bullets to make sure I have the exact number. I hold gun safety in high regards.
But your high regards for gun safety is not held by all, thats the point, some have licenses and should not. These accidents would never had happen if those who owned them had shown the same respect as yourself.

Edited by freetoroam, 20 January 2013 - 06:51 PM.

#26    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:31 PM

I feel this info is totally irrelevant because nothing you were asking about is needed to buy a gun. When idiots handle guns, people get hurt and we have nothing to stop idiots from getting a gun...

NO INFORMATION IS IRRELEVANT TO A GOOD CONSPIRACY THEORY !!

#27    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,056 posts

• “Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while”

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

Well after reading some of the comments on these gun control threads american enthusiasm for killing each other knows no bounds. As i've said before, as long as americans would rather their children are shot to pieces than have their guns confiscated then this will just continue. As long as you're all happy with that, carry on.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#28    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:39 PM

View Postitsnotoutthere, on 20 January 2013 - 07:37 PM, said:

Well after reading some of the comments on these gun control threads american enthusiasm for killing each other knows no bounds. As i've said before, as long as americans would rather their children are shot to pieces than have their guns confiscated then this will just continue. As long as you're all happy with that, carry on.

You skip completely over the argument and make a broad assumption of how we want our lives lived. Bravo there, you just became one of those thumbs in ears person who refuse to try to understand others points of views.

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

#29    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,386 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

That theory is probably spot on, since it makes no sense for a less than suicidal person to act stupidly with a loaded firearm.  There are fewer careless gun owners than careless car owners in the world and cars account for MANY multiples of the deaths that guns account for each year.  But yes, some gun owners are idiots and some are just momentarily careless.  That's why most organized gun shows will have a check in area and if a person is carrying they have to unload and have a safety device placed in/on their weapon before they can proceed into the hall.  If someone did forget, they find the error then.  I've been going to gun shows for 20 years and never heard of a single incident.  But I also live in an area where we learn about the use of guns - and how to do so safely above all - from childhood.  5 incidents in a day seems very suspect to me.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#30    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,306 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

View Postitsnotoutthere, on 20 January 2013 - 07:37 PM, said:

You're judgmental and wrong. You know nothing of which you speak about but by all means please, you carry on. Every time someone like you spouts such ignorance another gun is bought in spite. This anti-gun crusade has bolstered the firearms industry like nothing I've ever seen. If you all would keep your ignorant mouths shut in the last month there would be several hundred thousand or more less guns out there and many millions less rounds of ammo. So please keep on and keep my second amendment going stronger than ever.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users