Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Edgar Mitchell says a lot.......

• Please log in to reply
248 replies to this topic

#61    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,830 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:00 AM

View Postbee, on 11 March 2013 - 02:08 PM, said:

Well it seems that was all just a storm in a teacup (12 years ago) as it looks like Edgar Mitchell is going to have a slot in Greer's upcoming

new documentary 'Sirius'.....

Around 11:20,  he (Mitchell) says....

"Dr Greer did indeed mount an initiative and did go to Washington. Did speak with high level government people. Did present some

of the witnesses we talked about there - to give briefings and has asked for Congressional Hearing on these matters - I attended

and helped him with that .........."

And it was all Greer created codswallop. Do you not remember Edgar Mitchell distancing himself from Greer saying he began to continuously overreach his data? This is one of the things he was talking about.

At least seven years ago (http://www.ufoeviden...ents/doc788.htm), Greer was telling audiences about extracting a pledge from Wilson during that meeting to investigate special access projects involving UFO technology. But shortly thereafter, Greer claimed Wilson reported that he didn’t have the proper security clearance to inspect those files.
As Greer informed a Portland, Ore., audience in 2001, Wilson said, “ ‘I am horrified that this is true. I have been in plenty of black projects, but when we tried to get into this one,’ he was told, and I quote, ‘Sir, you do not have a need to know.’ The head of intelligence Joint Staffs. You don’t have a need to know. Neither did the CIA director, and neither did the president.”
This story has been circulating on the Internet ever since, and made it into Greer’s book “Hidden Truth, Forbidden Knowledge,” last year. But the thing didn’t sprout legs until Mitchell began discussing the meeting during what turned out to be a media blitz in July.
Mitchell avoided all mention of Wilson’s name, but in a July 4 appearance on “Larry King Live,” the moonwalker told CNN audiences he’d learned the admiral “had found the people responsible for the cover-up and for the people who were in the know and were told, I’m sorry, admiral, you do not have need to know here and so, goodbye.”
Now an executive with a Minnesota-based defense contractor, Wilson told De Void he accepted Mitchell’s 1997 request “because he was a former astronaut and maybe had more credibility than some person off the street.” Wilson says he doesn’t remember who else attended that meeting, but he admitted “a certain amount of curiosity” about allegations of deep-black UFO projects.
“What is true is that I met with them,” Wilson said in a phone interview. “What is not true is that I was denied access to this material, because I didn’t pursue it. I may have left it open with them, but it was not especially compelling, not compelling enough to waste my staff’s time to go looking for it.”
Mitchell told De Void he never heard directly from Wilson after their initial meeting, but he says he trusts the veracity of the unnamed sources who told him of Wilson’s inability to penetrate security.

LINK

​Greer made Edgar Mitchell look a bit of a fool here for his own gain. Not something I thought you would advocate?

Edited by psyche101, 12 March 2013 - 03:03 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#62    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 10,609 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:38 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 12 March 2013 - 12:33 AM, said:

Hi Bee

No, he had no message to bring forth. If you listen to what he has to say, he was trusted by people who wanted him to take their messages out there for him. Some cattle ranchers with some camp fire stories that has really spooked them.

[snip]

He is sure of his facts, his facts are some people he grew up with believe the media interpretation of Roswell.

Hi Psyche....

a couple of good examples of you trying to downplay what Mitchell has to say there.... :D

you seem to think some locals read the newspapers then sat around the campfire telling spooky stories.

Then asked Mitchell to go out and tell everyone about it.

Talk about embellishing what EM has to say with your own interpretation !!!...lol... :P

Posted Image

#63    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 10,609 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:54 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 12 March 2013 - 03:00 AM, said:

And it was all Greer created codswallop. Do you not remember Edgar Mitchell distancing himself from Greer saying he began to continuously overreach his data? This is one of the things he was talking about.

LINK

​Greer made Edgar Mitchell look a bit of a fool here for his own gain. Not something I thought you would advocate?

How, in heavens name you think this is an example of Greer making Mitchell look 'a bit of a fool'....is beyond me.

from your link...

Mitchell said he was “shocked” by Wilson’s response to De Void, but added, “I do not wish to engage him on this matter.”
Steven Greer refused to back down.
“I was there and know what was said,” he stated in an e-mail. “I was also informed prior to the meeting that, after sending him a secret document with UFO-related code names and numbers, that he located one of the compartments but was specifically denied access to the operation.”

I think you are over-reaching the data....

To separate and pitch Greer against Mitchell appears to be a popular tactic for the active naysayers.

Clinging on to one or two  comments made many years ago......

Posted Image

#64    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 10,609 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:15 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 12 March 2013 - 02:39 AM, said:

Crikey Moses, if the mans word is not good enough, what is?

Are these words good enough....?

My training at NASA only allows me to look at things scientifically. Even if I hadn't been shown evidence of alien landings on Earth, the assumption must be that somewhere in the universe another planet is capable of supporting alien life.

note.....'shown evidence'

http://www.timstouse...garmitchell.htm

:tu:

Posted Image

#65    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,797 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:19 AM

You know the best thing? If and When we get Contact,THen Dr. Mitchell & ME can Say "I told you So ?

This is a Work in Progress!

#66    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,830 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:41 AM

View Postbee, on 12 March 2013 - 10:38 AM, said:

Hi Psyche....

a couple of good examples of you trying to downplay what Mitchell has to say there.... :D

Hi Bee

Thanks for recognising that the examples were good, nice of you to note. But I only quoted the man, you are the only one in this conversation putting any words into mouths.

You keep saying I am "downplaying" something without saying just what, how about an example, and something to support the embellishments you keep winding further up?

you seem to think some locals read the newspapers then sat around the campfire telling spooky stories.

Well, largely, yes. Mostly people who were at the initial incident that have been further hyped up by media exaggerations.

Then asked Mitchell to go out and tell everyone about it.

Are you denying that is what Edgar Mitchell says happened? Remember the bit about tugging at his sleeve? Edgar's own words.

Talk about embellishing what EM has to say with your own interpretation !!!...lol... :P

Instead of making baseless accusation filled with assumption, could you actually offer one such example? Because the be frank, your speaking out of your rear orifice now.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#67    Artaxerxes

Artaxerxes

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:46 AM

So these aliens can fly trillions of miles through space yet they are such bad pilots that they crash landed on Earth?  I find that difficult to believe.  If they are so advanced I highly doubt that they ever crashed on Earth.  It doesn't make any sense.

Art

#68    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,830 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:51 AM

View Postbee, on 12 March 2013 - 10:54 AM, said:

How, in heavens name you think this is an example of Greer making Mitchell look 'a bit of a fool'....is beyond me.

from your link...

I think you are over-reaching the data....

To separate and pitch Greer against Mitchell appears to be a popular tactic for the active naysayers.

Clinging on to one or two  comments made many years ago......

LOL, Bee, I honestly doubt that it is "beyond you" but lets play your game I suppose. Why do you think that Edgar said that?

LINK
            (Edgar Mitchell) I cooperated with Steve Greer some years ago, but he began to overreach his data continuously, necessitating a withdrawal by myself, and, I believe, several others. I have requested to be removed from any web site, announcements, etc., but see that has not taken place.                         (Jack Sarfatti) Typical of politically-based influence operations. The real motive of the Press Club Event was the issue of militarization of space not UFOs, on which reasonable well meaning people can differ of course. Since many millions of voters believe UFOs are real, getting control of the UFO movement clearly is a top priority for all the players.                         (Edgar Mitchell) Although I firmly believe it is time for openness and disclosure by government, I object to being misused in this fashion and acquire guilt by association with certain claims that simply are not true.                                      

Notice that last sentence Bee? What do you think that might be referring to? I know you would be like a pig in mud to see these men team up, but even Edgar's charitable nature was worn thin with Greer's nonsense.

Edited by psyche101, 13 March 2013 - 05:08 AM.

#69    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,830 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:07 AM

View Postbee, on 12 March 2013 - 11:15 AM, said:

Are these words good enough....?

note.....'shown evidence'

http://www.timstouse...garmitchell.htm

:tu:

Who showed him this evidence? Old timers? Bob Lazar? Stephen Greer? I know it was not Admiral Wilson.

From your link:

The stories I have heard from these people, who are more highly qualified than me to talk about UFOs, leave me in no doubt that aliens have already visited Earth.
I've been interested in the subject since I joined NASA 40 years ago. Probably my most visionary moment was when I actually landed on the moon with Apollo 14.
I felt an overwhelming sense that the universe itself is in some way a conscious being in its own right. This means that all life-forms, whether on Earth or elsewhere, are all part of one giant consciousness.
So when I learned that aliens really do exist, I wasn't too surprised. But what did shock me when I started investigating extra-terrestrial reports a decade ago is the extent to which the proof has been hushed up.
It isn't just the US government which has kept quiet about alien visits. It would be arrogant of an American like myself to assume that ETs would only choose to visit my country.

This is why Edgar believes, he had an epiphany in space, that made him open to Aliens stories, as he says, he has not seen one, but like so many, he is passionate about the subject, and has taken a step forth into his belief, his above statement contradicts itself. Earth Governments are the biggest reason the ETH does not work. He does not know a single thing, and he says so, it's this overwhelming feeling of being a part of the first people to bounce of this rock.

Edgar's epiphany - LINK

I personally do not have much time for personal hippy BS. That answers no questions. Even if one is an Astronaut.

#70    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,830 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:09 AM

View PostArtaxerxes, on 13 March 2013 - 04:46 AM, said:

So these aliens can fly trillions of miles through space yet they are such bad pilots that they crash landed on Earth?  I find that difficult to believe.  If they are so advanced I highly doubt that they ever crashed on Earth.  It doesn't make any sense.

Art

Hi Art

I agree, none of it does. One has to literally shoehorn ET into most claims, and without Stanton Friedman, nobody would even have thought to make up some aliens to push into the Roswell tale.

#71    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,830 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:10 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 13 March 2013 - 12:19 AM, said:

You know the best thing? If and When we get Contact,THen Dr. Mitchell & ME can Say "I told you So ?

But, what about if we ask them about Roswell and they go

Posted Image

#72    Captain Zim

Captain Zim

A voice in the silence

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:19 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 13 March 2013 - 05:10 AM, said:

But, what about if we ask them about Roswell and they go

Posted Image

I love how discussion about ETs always has "them" as "them" - it could easily have been belonged to a different exploration company. Or university. Maybe they check their records and go "what? but that registration number's been parked in the dry dock for seventy years! Zlobaxx, go and check it. Actually LOOK at it. What's that? It's gone you say? Checked out by a bunch of guys who've been on sick leave for seventy years? What is WRONG with you people?!"

Then they sue us for patent infringement and possession of a spacecraft with an expired license disc.

“I consider it an extremely dangerous doctrine, because the more likely we are to assume that the solution comes from the outside, the less likely we are to solve our problems ourselves.”

-Carl Sagan

#73    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:15 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 12 March 2013 - 12:59 AM, said:

It will be interesting to see what Edgar has to say about that.

Documentary??? Sirius is in no way a "Documentary". If the preview is anything to go by, Edgar's bit looks like old footage.
You can't do or say anything with Greer unless you sign your content over to him and sign a non-disclosure agreement.  I was involved with his organization back in the days of the disclosure project and was getting ready to go on one of his expeditions.
Part of the paperwork included signing a non-disclosure agreement!
I said what?? Everything you say/do is geared toward full disclosure.
Snake oil salesman and nothing else.

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#74    Zeta Reticulum

Zeta Reticulum

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:38 AM

View Postmfluder, on 12 March 2013 - 02:24 AM, said:

All I know is that this man has been places and seen things that nearly all of us never will.  He seems to think there is more to the story than we are being told.  I'd not be too quick to discount that we aren't being told the whole truth.  After all, we are talking about one of the most secretive organizations on the Planet Earth....the United States Government.
true.... but these dudes on here, the ones with the biggest mouths........ unless NASA "told them" they don't believe squat. Or even give new theories any sort of credibility... because The "GOVT DIDNT TELL THEM ITS RIGHT". Thats the sort of mentality we are dealing with here unfortunately.

#75    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,830 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:28 AM

View PostCaptain Zim, on 13 March 2013 - 09:19 AM, said:

I love how discussion about ETs always has "them" as "them" - it could easily have been belonged to a different exploration company. Or university. Maybe they check their records and go "what? but that registration number's been parked in the dry dock for seventy years! Zlobaxx, go and check it. Actually LOOK at it. What's that? It's gone you say? Checked out by a bunch of guys who've been on sick leave for seventy years? What is WRONG with you people?!"

Then they sue us for patent infringement and possession of a spacecraft with an expired license disc.

LOL, Douglas Adams comes to mind....................

‘There’s no point acting all surprised about it. All the planning charts and demolition orders have been on display in your local planning
department in Alpha Centauri for fifty of your Earth years, so you’ve had plenty of time to lodge any formal complaint and it’s far too late to start
making a fuss about it now.

So we probably should have reported the accident, and now face an Intergalactic charge not to mention tampering with evidence......

Edited by psyche101, 18 March 2013 - 03:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users