Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Silly conspiracy

RATM

I heard a conspiracy that the goverment payed the Rams to lose the Superbowl to the patriots after the Sept 11th attacks.Any thoughts?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Phantom

• snuffypuffer

• Aslan

• Pale_Horse

*stares*

Hmm....no..nop... no thoughts here...

I'm European... and for us there's only one sport, which is FOOTBALL (the real football, which you play with your feet, hence the name) original.gif

And ofcourse there is only one team that fully understands the concept of this football thing, which is Ajax Amsterdam...

So there.

Ajax is cool cool.gif

Well, the Rams are my favorite football team, and I was crushed when they lost. Plus, the Rams had a better offense and defense than the Patriots all season, and have even beaten the Patriots earlier that season.

But the Super Bowl Championship isn't about who the better team is, or the Rams would be#1, instead the Super Bowl is about who plays the better game--on that day.

Although I'm a huge Ram fan, and I want to believe in this conspiracy theory, the Rams simply played a terrible game.

GO RAMS IN 2003!!

Well, the Rams are my favorite football team, and I was crushed when they lost. Plus, the Rams had a better offense and defense than the Patriots all season, and have even beaten the Patriots earlier that season.

But the Super Bowl Championship isn't about who the better team is, or the Rams would be#1, instead the Super Bowl is about who plays the better game--on that day.

Although I'm a huge Ram fan, and I want to believe in this conspiracy theory, the Rams simply played a terrible game.

YOU WISH

GO STEELERS

Edited by Tommy

Any fans of the beautiful game care to hijack this discussion? European football seasons are about to get under way. Perfect time for a takeover bid.

I'll stay with tiddledy-winks. Whole lot more exciting than either of 'em.

My sport of choice is wilderness tramp hunting, a little explaination...we pay traps hundreds of dollars to run through a forrest full of trap while we hunt them down with shotguns.......

maybe lol actually my prefered sport is pool

ph34r.gifgunsmilie.gif

Any fans of the beautiful game care to hijack this discussion? European football seasons are about to get under way. Perfect time for a takeover bid.

I already tried, but those Yankees seemed to have stolen it back...

So Aslan, what team do you support?

I already tried, but those Yankees seemed to have stolen it back...

So Aslan, what team do you support?

I like European Football. I just do not understand it as much as American football,

and also I do not get to see it as much as our NFL.

If someone explains the rules.. maybe I would like it even more.. BUT till thenI have to go with what I know original.gif

as someone who grew up playing both soccer and football, i prefer football. soccer is too boring, requires too much stamina and not enough strength. i think i would also like Australian football because it has some similarities to both American football and soccer. i enjoy watching it at least.

the main thing i love about football is the tackling. i love to hit a guy and knock the wind out of him. you can't do that in soccer. when you play football, you have a free ticket to try and decapitate your opponent. i also enjoyed running people over. man, i wish i was young again!

the interesting thing about football is that it explains all the rules of American society in a game. it was designed to teach the norms of our society to kids. for example, the teams wear all those plastic pads and mass produced helmets... that shows our reliance on technology. the teams consist of linemen (workers), backs(specialty workers) and a QB or Safety(leaders)... this is how we align our businesses as well. when something is in violation of the rules, there is a flag thrown and court is held in the middle of the field... our judicial system. i could go on but you get the point. i love football original.gif

Actually I don't mind watching American football as well. Since some years we have our own little European League, with a team from Amsterdam (Admirals).

Been to the stadium a few times and I liked it... but I still prefer real football.. original.gif

the interesting thing about football is that it explains all the rules of American society in a game. it was designed to teach the norms of our society to kids. for example, the teams wear all those plastic pads and mass produced helmets... that shows our reliance on technology. the teams consist of linemen (workers), backs(specialty workers) and a QB or Safety(leaders)... this is how we align our businesses as well. when something is in violation of the rules, there is a flag thrown and court is held in the middle of the field... our judicial system. i could go on but you get the point. i love football original.gif

With all due respect, Schwartz... but you can use this on almost any sport ... mellow.gif

Including football, or as it's strangely labelled, soccer... original.gif

that wasn't an argument, Phantom. its just one of the reasons i like football. i like seeing a bit of my society reflected back at me, as opposed to say, European society.

its just one of the reasons i like football. i like seeing a bit of my society reflected back at me, as opposed to say, European society.

not to mention the cheerleaders! wub.gif

So European society is reflected by a bunch of one named guys passing a ball back and forth with their feet for hours at a time, until such time as one of them scores, at which time he rips his shirt off? Some of this sounds like American society too, I rip my shirt off whenever I score laugh.gif

but anyhow, back to the point, Go Steelers!!

EDIT: I editted this one in the interests of maintaining the peace.

So European society is reflected by a bunch of one named guys passing a ball back and forth with their feet for hours at a time, until such time as one of them scores, at which time he rips his shirt off?  Some of this sounds like American society too, I rip my shirt off whenever I score laugh.gif

but anyhow, back to the point, Go Steelers!!

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Thanks for letting me coat my monitor with a fine spray of RC Cola!

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

YOU WISH

GO STEELERS

Funny you should mention the Steelers connecian. As you should know, the Patriots had beaten the Steelers in the AFC Championship game to make it to the the Superbowl.

So we both have a reason to detest the dreaded Patriots original.gif

Actually in My short 29 years I have known Australian rules Football ,Soccer Football , American football , Rugby Union football and Rugby league football ..

Men confuse me .. I personally think the term Football should be banned ...

SORRY FO;KS...BUT FOOTBALL IS BRITISH....AND IT'S A ROUND BALL

IN THE USA FOOTBALL IS AN EGG SHAPED BALL

IN THE UK AN EGG SHAPED BALL IS USED BYE REAL MEN...RUGBY

IN THE USA THEY WEAR PADS TO COVER THEMSELVES...

AAA HUUUUMMMMM.... cat.gif

laugh.gif

Hey, never said I didn't like rugby, big Steff, just that soccer, or football, or whatever, is excruciatting to watch. Just my opinion. laugh.gif