Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

NASA Beams Mona Lisa to Moon with Laser

mona lisa nasa laser

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16    Glenville86

Glenville86

Alien Embryo

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

Hope no aliens intercepted it.  I can just hear them saying to skip that planet - the women there sure are ugly.

Just kidding. :-)

#17    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,810 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

View PostGlenville86, on 21 January 2013 - 03:54 PM, said:

Hope no aliens intercepted it.  I can just hear them saying to skip that planet - the women there sure are ugly.

Just kidding. :-)
Yeah, she was not the most beautiful of women out there, but look on the bright side, it could have been Katie Price!

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#18    skookum

skookum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:58 AM

View Postfreetoroam, on 21 January 2013 - 04:56 PM, said:

Yeah, she was not the most beautiful of women out there, but look on the bright side, it could have been Katie Price!

I wish they would send the real Katie Price to the moon.  She almost ran me off the road the other day in her chavvy pink Range Rover.

Posted Image

#19    Erudite Celt

Erudite Celt

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:45 AM

View Postwolfknight, on 18 January 2013 - 12:30 PM, said:

User a laser to sent information to space explorers at light speed is not a waste of money.
Radio waves travel at light speed so we've been doing it a while!

#20    Erudite Celt

Erudite Celt

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:13 AM

I think a lot of people have misunderstood the article. They did not project a picture of the Mona Lisa onto the moon from earth!  Nor did they project a picture of the Mona Lisa onto a craft orbiting the moon from earth!
They transmitted a digital signal of the Mona Lisa via pulsed laser light to the moon orbiting satellite that relayed the signal back to earth. If you are reading this via fibre optic broadband then your router is receiving the same sort of signal the satellite received only it was getting the signal via direct line of sight and not a cable [obviously].
Attached File  bat man.jpg   4.32K   2 downloadsIf your thinking of this idea your so wrong.

#21    Erudite Celt

Erudite Celt

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:20 AM

View Postfreetoroam, on 18 January 2013 - 02:01 PM, said:

It is very fascinating. All the money we spend on fancy high tech computers and mobiles will be replaced in years to come with the new laser types.  With this in mind, i think computer and mobile phone companies should severely reduce their prices now, seeing that we will have to replace it all when these companies tell us that they are worthless because the laser technology has now taken over.
If your on fibre optic broadband then you already have the technology!

#22    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 32,115 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

View PostErudite Celt, on 24 January 2013 - 05:20 AM, said:

If your on fibre optic broadband then you already have the technology!
Not really.

There is a huge difference between sending a laser signal along a fibre optic cable between two fixed points and transmitting a laser signal directly to a fast moving satellite a quarter of a million miles away.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users