Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Student trapped in bizarre déjà vu time loop

Still Waters

A student was forced to drop out of university after a bizarre case of chronic deja vu left him unable to lead a normal life.

The 23-year-old even stopped watching TV, listening to the radio, or reading newspapers or magazines because he believed he had seen it all before.

He told doctors that he was "trapped in a time loop" and said he felt as if he was reliving the past moment by moment.

http://www.telegraph...or-8-years.html

• Like 7

Quote:

The condition may also have been exacerbated by LSD.

Pretty much explains it to me...

dunno how Taun, apart from the quote you quoted, there was no other mention with regards to frequency of use, amount taken, number of uses.

besides, it doesn't give you a sense of deja vu- on the contrary, it makes everything seem absolutely brand-new!

(ahem.., so i've been told.....)

• Like 9

Why did he drop out? If he's done it all before he should have gone ahead and got top marks.

• Like 8

this poor kid must feel like he is going insane !

Edited by Ozfactor
  • Like 2

He's a time traveler from four seconds in the future.

But seriously, and more compassionately, I wonder if he ever had a concussion or neurological disease that would affect his memory formation.

Surprisingly he does not have a neurological condition that would cause this .

How about something less chronic, I should specify.

• Like 1

if nothing else, it's a reminder of how shaky perception can be, and how it can get pretty easily messed up.

• Like 3

He's a time traveler from four seconds in the future.

But seriously, and more compassionately, I wonder if he ever had a concussion or neurological disease that would affect his memory formation.

How about something less chronic, I should specify.

I have seen people claim that they were "misplaced in time" -- however, they were unable to predict accurately what was going to happen a short time in the future. Or even a long time in the future. When challenged on this, they said they had fallen into the wrong time stream.

However, the diagnosis of "induced by anxiety" is more than reasonable. It sounds as if the poor chap has a number of psychological problems.

Edited by Kenemet
  • Like 1

I have seen people claim that they were "misplaced in time" -- however, they were unable to predict accurately what was going to happen a short time in the future. Or even a long time in the future. When challenged on this, they said they had fallen into the wrong time stream.

However, the diagnosis of "induced by anxiety" is more than reasonable. It sounds as if the poor chap has a number of psychological problems.

Is this something that you read or seen firsthand about being misplaced in time? If you read it, which book was that, this is quite interesting to me. If firsthand, do you mind sharing a few incidents you may have witnessed?

Is this something that you read or seen firsthand about being misplaced in time? If you read it, which book was that, this is quite interesting to me. If firsthand, do you mind sharing a few incidents you may have witnessed?

Nope. I've seen people on message boards claiming this (it's not uncommon.) If you engage in some general chit-chat with them, it's obvious they have no true foreknowledge (ask them "what do you think is going to happen" and watch just how often they're wrong, while maintaining they suffer from deja vu.)

dunno how Taun, apart from the quote you quoted, there was no other mention of LSD, with regards to frequency of use, amount taken, number of uses.

besides, LSD doesn't give you a sense of deja vu- on the contrary, it makes everything seem absolutely brand-new!

(ahem.., so i've been told.....)

Not true. I was once convinced I was seeing an hour or so into the future. I would get images of a scene and then that scene would come to be. In my shattered recollection of the events, however, I cannot be sure if what I was seeing had or had yet to happen.

• Like 1

perhaps this student will find himself on the starship enterprise when it runs into another ship commanded by kelsey grammer.

??????HUH?????
  • Like 1

He may well have been experiencing an expanded state of consciousness, although psychologists wouldn't agree with that of course.

• Like 2

Sounds like he bitten more than he could chew? Could be another 6 months before he starts feeling normal again

LSD,DMT,Ibogaine are mind-expanding, but tackle them with extreme care ! Knowledge is dangerous!

Late at night when sleep eludes me , I find the same episode of " Law & Order " is on the T.V . ! :cry:

• Like 4

Shiet you look like the creator of Song of Fire and Ice

He may well have been experiencing an expanded state of consciousness, although psychologists wouldn't agree with that of course.

Thanks to the magical powers of LSD. facepalm-1.gif
  • Like 1

Dangerous

I suffer from a constant state of "vuja de"; the distinct feeling that nothing has ever happened before.

• Like 3

Wow.. im a BELIVER in a LOT of stuff but this article is a bit far fetched... I've never bashed on anything, nor have I questioned anything. However.. If this guy was for real, why wouldnt you disclose your name? I mean, your making history...

also this line right here...

"Doctors are baffled because the man does not suffer from any of the neurological conditions usually seen in people who normally suffer frequently from déjà vu"

The doctors are BAFFLED because the man does not suffer from deja vu symptoms? Deja Vu happens within a split second. NO ONE is getting rushed into the doctors office for a serious case of DEJA VU. lol.. but who knows.

• Like 1