Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

GOP activists: Why isn't Romney ahead?

• Please log in to reply
219 replies to this topic

#196    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,671 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:02 PM

View PostTiggs, on 04 October 2012 - 06:44 AM, said:

Every single major financial market around the world went through exactly the same sudden drop at exactly the same time, due to the near collapse of the International Banking System.

As much as you'd obviously like to pin that on Obama - we all have longer memories than that.
As much as you'd obviously like to pin the Banking Crisis on Bush...that ain't the fact Jack.  While it is true that the Nasdaq parralled the drop of the DowJones, the fact is also that investors saw Obama coming into power and feared that.  It is fear that kills the mind, fear that kills the stock market.  Nonetheless...the fact remains that Obama hasn't done anything to promote a jobs market...he has been too busy playing golf and partying with Hollywood.  Done with him and done with this thread.

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#197    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 3,746 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

• It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:41 PM

I simply don't want to vote for anyone who has gone to Harvard or Yale.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#198    Gamrat

Gamrat

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:00 PM

I'm amazed at how fast people forget things...  Romney and his party offer even more of the policies that have destroyed this country. It's not a mistake that four years ago McCain got beat by a landslide. He was offering more of what Bush had done and the American people saw that and realized we can NOT do that anymore... here we are four years later and because people are pissed off that this country didn't do a complete turn around they are ready to jump right back on the republican "protect the rich but pretend it's for everyone" crap! It's just AMAZING how fast everyone forgets... and even a little sad... don't tell me the policies aren't working. Things were even WORSE four years ago... Rome wasn't built in a day and this country certainly wasn't put in this situation in four years. Bush had 8 years to completly screw the middle class... wake up people and don't fall for the same old BS! Trickle down economics don't work... never had and never will. The republicans know this but that isn't why they do it. It's all about protecting their money and making the middle class flip the bill. Yeah that's real patriotism for you! God bless America... or at least the 1% with the money.

#199    Order66

Order66

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts

• The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger ...

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:39 PM

View PostCorp, on 04 October 2012 - 01:54 AM, said:

Romney wants to get rid of PBS. The GOP hates Big Bird! The monsters!!!

:P

Posted Image

"o-BA-ma! ...
... he gave us a SHOW ...
... he gonna do MORE!"

Edited by Vein Capital, 04 October 2012 - 03:40 PM.

Posted Image

#200    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,065 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:36 PM

View PostVein Capital, on 04 October 2012 - 03:39 PM, said:

Posted Image

"o-BA-ma! ...
... he gave us a SHOW ...
... he gonna do MORE!"
Obama did not do that.... Someone else made that happen.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#201    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 8,918 posts

• Universe Service Pack 2 still needs patching.

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:55 PM

View Postjoc, on 04 October 2012 - 12:02 PM, said:

As much as you'd obviously like to pin the Banking Crisis on Bush...that ain't the fact Jack.

Don't recall ever claiming that.

There's an entire Government report on the actual reasons behind the International banking crisis. Makes for some interesting reading.

Done with him and done with this thread.

Then I won't expect a response.

"What happens when an irresistible force meets an immovable object?" - Tiggs vs PA - Did Jesus Really exist? - The Formal Debate:
HERE
Posted Image

#202    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 8,431 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:07 PM

View PostTiggs, on 04 October 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:

You do when the employment graph looks like this.

Posted Image
Except the employment graph doesn't actually look like that.

I note that you're only showing one year of Bush's record.

Don't bother explaining, though.  I already know why that is.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#203    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 34,016 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:10 PM

View PostHarte, on 04 October 2012 - 06:07 PM, said:

Except the employment graph doesn't actually look like that.

I note that you're only showing one year of Bush's record.

Don't bother explaining, though.  I already know why that is.

Harte

Nobody is comparing Bush to Obama (as there is no fair comparison), what the argument is about is where the unemployment came from.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#204    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 8,431 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:27 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 04 October 2012 - 06:10 PM, said:

Nobody is comparing Bush to Obama (as there is no fair comparison), what the argument is about is where the unemployment came from.
The posted employment graph is purported to be comparing Bush to Obama.

Not a valid comparison.  That's all I was saying.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#205    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 8,918 posts

• Universe Service Pack 2 still needs patching.

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:50 PM

View PostHarte, on 04 October 2012 - 06:27 PM, said:

The posted employment graph is purported to be comparing Bush to Obama.

Not a valid comparison.  That's all I was saying.

Harte

How many people reading this thread do you think believe that presidential terms are only a year long?

"What happens when an irresistible force meets an immovable object?" - Tiggs vs PA - Did Jesus Really exist? - The Formal Debate:
HERE
Posted Image

#206    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Psychic Spy

• 1,744 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:17 PM

Hey man!  Anyone that doesn't like Sesame Street is some kinda commie pinko or goose stepping gestapo pig!  How dare the plastic man threaten the only decent thing that was ever broadcast on PBS.

No, in all seriousness.  There needs to be a public broadcasting channel...I am not thrilled that it has became a left wing mouth piece, but that can be fixed.  It still offers un-commercialized programing, which is a very important thing.  Why does it need to be publicly funded?  So the public CAN have a say in it...which you can by the way if you actually try and don't just flip it the bird and switch to another channel.  There are means to get involved...actually pretty simple means.

Corporate broadcasting does nothing but spin propaganda and program consumerism into the sleeping sheep...and that's the facts jack.

A public broadcasting system is necessary...what is also necessary is to take back the programming and make it a 50/50 proposition.  For every hour of left wing news, there has to be an hour of right....or better yet, how about removing the news and politics and return it to being an educational resource...what a concept!

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#207    Order66

Order66

Psychic Spy

• 1,259 posts

• The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger ...

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:34 PM

PBS is a scam. I don't blame BIg Bird, he's just a pawn in their game. The government gives money to PBS to make the shows, and the Corporation for Public Broadcasting reaps profits from them.Then CPB  donates the profits back to PBS for tax deduction. They use these TAX LOOPHOLES to buy their CORPORATE JETS!
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Edited by Vein Capital, 04 October 2012 - 11:40 PM.

Posted Image

#208    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,708 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:54 PM

Does anybody even watch PBS? It was lame when I was a kid 25 years ago, and it's still lame now. What is the point in continuing to throw money at them when no one watches? Why not take that money and fund me, it'd be better spent that way. :tu:

Edited by Spid3rCyd3, 04 October 2012 - 11:54 PM.

#209    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Psychic Spy

• 1,744 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:04 AM

View PostSpid3rCyd3, on 04 October 2012 - 11:54 PM, said:

Does anybody even watch PBS? It was lame when I was a kid 25 years ago, and it's still lame now. What is the point in continuing to throw money at them when no one watches? Why not take that money and fund me, it'd be better spent that way. :tu:

I actually do.... :unsure2: .  I watch Antiques Roadshow, Nova and a few other history type shows.  A lot of times they have painting, woodcarving and  woodworking...which, as nerdy as it sounds :blush: ... I do watch.

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#210    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,708 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:03 AM

View PostJeremiah65, on 05 October 2012 - 12:04 AM, said:

I actually do.... :unsure2: .  I watch Antiques Roadshow, Nova and a few other history type shows.  A lot of times they have painting, woodcarving and  woodworking...which, as nerdy as it sounds :blush: ... I do watch.

It's all good man, now that you mentioned it, I think I've actually watched a few shows on there from time to time, just couldn't remember. Bob Ross painting a couple times, Roadshow also a couple of times, and there used to be some guy who would draw futuristic cities on there or something, was interesting. I also remember watching Wild America when I was a kid with my dad, that was actually a great nature show.

Edited by Spid3rCyd3, 05 October 2012 - 01:06 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users