Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

More Ravings from Clark McClelland

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#31    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Unsafe at Any Speed

• 24,114 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:25 PM

View Postquillius, on 06 March 2013 - 01:17 PM, said:

but how why???? what is the motivator?

Motivator? What's the motivation usually? What's the movation for Richard Hoagland or Steven Greer or any of the others who Know the Truth about Flying Saucers?
Usually they've got a website to promote, or books to sell, or videos to plug....

... Oh look!

www.stargate-chronicles.com
This is the REAL X-Files and the man who was the real Fox Mulder from 1958 to 1992 at the Cape Canaveral and Kennedy Space Center Launch Control ...

www.clarkcmcclelland.wordpress.com
In 1958 Clark C. McClelland was assigned to the national space program at Cape Canaveral, Florida, and helped launch or viewed 673 rockets and spacecraft.

NASA veteran Clark C. McClelland confirms alien existence as ...
I, Clark C. McClelland, former ScO, Space Shuttle Fleet, personally observed an 8 to 9 foot tall ET on his 27 inch video monitors while on duty in the Kennedy ...

and many, many more.

Edited by Lord Vetinari, 06 March 2013 - 01:26 PM.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#32    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 10,271 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:30 PM

View Postquillius, on 06 March 2013 - 01:17 PM, said:

lol, wow! didnt realize those things were so specific/accurate

I know...it's marvellous what 'they' can do, nowadays...astounding accuracy...

:yes:

#33    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,983 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:30 PM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 06 March 2013 - 01:25 PM, said:

Motivator? What's the motivation usually? What's the movation for Richard Hoagland or Steven Greer or any of the others who Know the Truth about Flying Saucers?
Usually they've got a website to promote, or books to sell, or videos to plug....

yes but its not a spur of the moment idea, websites books and videos take time and effort.....what makes someone decide I will be a conman and I will sell the idea of ETs and Aliens...

I assume you dont think he believes what he says?

one is either delluded and losing their marbles or is sophisticated enough to run a scam for many years...dont see how it can be both...which is what is being suggested I think..???

#34    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:34 PM

View PostLilly, on 06 March 2013 - 01:21 PM, said:

As to some of the discussion about remembering names...some people are very good at recalling specific names, others aren't.

Not that it matters much,... but the reason I dont remember that first thread (McClelland) might have something to do with the fact I was only posting a smiley to our red angel and didnt bother with the rest.

Now that I have read up on the guy, I wish I didnt.

Sad story if you ask me.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#35    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 15,763 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:34 PM

View Postquillius, on 06 March 2013 - 01:30 PM, said:

...one is either delluded and losing their marbles or is sophisticated enough to run a scam for many years...dont see how it can be both...which is what is being suggested I think..???

I don't see why these two options have to be mutually exclusive. Even folks who've "lost their marbles" still need to make a buck.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#36    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 10,271 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:37 PM

yes but its not a spur of the moment idea, websites books and videos take time and effort.....what makes someone decide I will be a conman and I will sell the idea of ETs and Aliens...

I assume you dont think he believes what he says?

one is either delluded and losing their marbles or is sophisticated enough to run a scam for many years...dont see how it can be both...which is what is being suggested I think..???

good point...

#37    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,983 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:40 PM

View PostLilly, on 06 March 2013 - 01:34 PM, said:

I don't see why these two options have to be mutually exclusive. Even folks who've "lost their marbles" still need to make a buck.

they are not mutually exclusive, you are right. However, they cannot both be the motivator and cannot be similataneous at the start. IMO

#38    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 10,271 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:52 PM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 06 March 2013 - 01:25 PM, said:

Jim Oberg has a website and promotes his books (etc) on it....

http://jamesoberg.com/books.html

does the same logic apply?

#39    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Unsafe at Any Speed

• 24,114 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:53 PM

To make lots of nice money from conning gullible people. Surely that's motivation enough?

View Postbee, on 06 March 2013 - 01:52 PM, said:

View Postbee, on 06 March 2013 - 01:52 PM, said:

No, because he doesn't do it in order to con gullible people, but sticks to facts and things that happened.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#40    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,983 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:56 PM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 06 March 2013 - 01:53 PM, said:

To make lots of nice money from conning gullible people. Surely that's motivation enough?

No, because he doesn't do it in order to con gullible people, but sticks to facts and things that happened.

to con would suggest 'we sell a lie' knowingly....

to call someone delluded and on a one way ticket to woo wooville etc etc suggests he believes what he is saying..

I am asking which is it?

#41    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,983 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:59 PM

hypothetical for you LV.

Assume I write a book about UFO debunking and include things such as Portage county being 'Venus' etc, would I be called a con man? am I not as gulity of conning the gullible in this scenario?

#42    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 10,271 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:02 PM

I seeeeeeee......you agree with Jim O....so THAT'S different......your logic is a bit biased then.... :unsure2:

in other words..not logical at all but purely subjective

#43    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 15,763 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:38 PM

View Postquillius, on 06 March 2013 - 01:40 PM, said:

they are not mutually exclusive, you are right. However, they cannot both be the motivator and cannot be similataneous at the start. IMO

Ok, I see what you mean. My suspicion is that the "lost marbles" was the primary motivator. The notion to go public with the delusional thinking subsequently resulted in some monetary gain. Hence, the delusional behaviour was then reinforced. But, I'm not a psychologist, this is just my personal guess.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#44    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:41 PM

Hard to say,... Richard C Hoagland, now that is a guy that knows what he is doing. I have no doubt that he is full aware of the fact he is selling science fiction fantasy.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#45    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,983 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:47 PM

View PostLilly, on 06 March 2013 - 02:38 PM, said:

Ok, I see what you mean. My suspicion is that the "lost marbles" was the primary motivator. The notion to go public with the delusional thinking subsequently resulted in some monetary gain. Hence, the delusional behaviour was then reinforced. But, I'm not a psychologist, this is just my personal guess.

ok thank you, I can see how that series of events could work.

View PostHazzard, on 06 March 2013 - 02:41 PM, said:

Hard to say,... Richard C Hoagland, now that is a guy that knows what he is doing. I have no doubt that he is full aware of the fact he is selling science fiction fantasy.

so do you think he doesnt believe in the ETH Hazz? or just doesnt believe all that he 'claims'?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users