Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

World's most poisonous plants

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    Mike D boy

Mike D boy

...from the Desert...

• 2,565 posts

• he's Native and Indio-geneous to the Americas.

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:11 AM

We don't tend to think about toxic poisonous plants, but nature has allowed lots of plants to evolved deadly toxins to defend itself from potential threats (such as mankind). I used to work in the garden dept. of a major home improvement store, where I took my time while working to learn some interesting (and deadly serious) facts of flora up for sale. When one's in the wild, they must study each and every likely "edible" plant and tell them apart from the deadly ones. Here are 10 of the world's most deadliest plants.

http://www.mandatory...=268345#photo=1

Edited by Tsa-La-Gie Oyate, 10 February 2013 - 08:11 AM.

:innocent: The Truth is Out There - the X Files. :alien:

#2    schizoidwoman

schizoidwoman

The roosting goose...

• 12,538 posts

• Much mischief is done by the misuse of mercury...

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:34 PM

That was interesting, thanks; I've been doing a lot of research into pennyroyal recently for the novel I'm about to redraft so toxic plants are intriguing me at the moment!

Edited by schizoidwoman, 10 February 2013 - 05:34 PM.

#3    dragonfan75

dragonfan75

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

• There is a reason for everything and that reason is the paranormal for me.

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

I for one personally believe that monkshood (wolfsbane) is one of the most deadly of all plants. if one even touches it , the toxins from this plant could cause an allergic reaction you must seek medical treatment or you could die.monkshood was used to kill wolves and mad dogs (dogsbane) it was also used to kill assassins this plant was the poison of choice,monkshood is a very deadly plant and its best to avoid it at all cost or at least be very careful around it (monkshood) (wolfsbane) is one deadly plant.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users