Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Frightened deer jumping off Highway 21 bridge

Still Waters

Wildlife officials say the deer are jumping to their deaths off the High Bridge - formally known as Mores Creek Bridge on Highway 21 east of Boise.

"I've seen it myself and some of our staff have seen it too," said Evin Oneale, big game manager for the Idaho Fish and Game Department.

Wildlife experts say it happens at the High Bridge over Lucky Peak Reservoir on Highway 21 when roaming deer crossing the bridge are panicked by oncoming automobiles.

"The first thing a deer is going to do is try and get away," Oneale said. "They jump over what they think is just into the barrow pit, but it's a 120-foot fall to the river below."

http://www.kboi2.com...l?tab=video&c=y

Poor deer :(

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Still Waters

• Ashotep

• Junior Chubb

• Mnemonix

Poor things, maybe they need to make the barrier a lot higher like 10 foot, deer can jump pretty high.

• Like 1

Frightened deer jumping off Highway 21 bridge to their deaths

Sounded like Rain Deer... ;)

Poor things, maybe they need to make the barrier a lot higher like 10 foot, deer can jump pretty high.

They should try and do something to help, but I'm thinking if the deer can't jump over the barrier they're more likely to run into the traffic instead and cause accidents. One of those no-win situations it sounds like.