Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Kevin Rudd Restored as Aust Prime Minister

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#16    Irrelevant

Irrelevant

Apparition

• Closed
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:26 AM

Yep..Sad but Minke Whales are not even close to endangered, and that's what there really after as there main Quota/bag limit..Quotas that despite being low there still not even getting close too. Its called sustainable fishing..and its there God given right! just as its my right to go and fish whenever i want, with a spear gun if i choose, as long as what i catch is not on the endangered list or undersize , its on my plate! yum yum..thankyou Lord.

IMO the protesters are nothing more than vigilante, and if i was a captain on a jap fishing vessel that had been illegally boarded in international waters after repeatedly being rammed, having human fess thrown at my crew... id let my crew spend a few moments alone talking with these mindless zombies..
id like to see these protestors get a whooping ( and they soon will in court) for the nonsense  they pulling on the high seas and for the lies there feeding the general population about how there behaving out there, and what they are really doing there in the first place...

here is another one of there lies...you can see the protestors floor it at the last second  to get in front of the whalers, then they fed everybody lies they were rammed!! total rubbish.., they purposely did this to try make a point!, there nut bags..and deserve to be locked up!

and sacrificed a nice boat at the same time..political statement. and the media lied to cover up there antics..

Edited by Irrelevant, 28 June 2013 - 11:30 AM.

#17    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 25,777 posts

• Paranoid Android... No power in the verse can stop me...

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:25 PM

View PostArbenol68, on 28 June 2013 - 02:21 AM, said:

Like I said previously, I'm not familiar with the politics of the situation. I know enough to realise that she's presided over a government that hasn't really delivered, and she ended up being ousted in the same way she herself came to power.

I don't think anyone can rationally deny that the attacks on her went well beyond political issues, and became intensely personal. Her gender was an easy target and many were not afraid to use that. I think it brings to an end a pretty shameful episode in Australian politics. I don't want to tar all Aussies with the same brush but, as Libstak said, maybe Australia as a whole wasn't ready for a female leader.

This is a reasonably balanced summary: http://www.bbc.co.uk...d-asia-23086184
Do you live in the UK? Might explain your position, the worldwide media each had its own spin on the issue and the UK media focused on the "macho culture" of Australian politics, a view I happen to find grossly misled from what it actually is.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#18    Arbenol

Arbenol

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:50 PM

View PostParanoid Android, on 28 June 2013 - 03:25 PM, said:

Do you live in the UK? Might explain your position, the worldwide media each had its own spin on the issue and the UK media focused on the "macho culture" of Australian politics, a view I happen to find grossly misled from what it actually is.

No. I'm in New Zealand. And even the Kiwi macho culture thinks her gender was used against her.

#19    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 25,777 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:33 AM

Well as an Australian, I never got that impression. The only thing I ever saw being used against her was her total incompetence. Sure, that was sometimes expressed by the public in other demeaning ways, but if she was actually good at what she did, the public wouldn't have expressed their outrage at her to begin with.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#20    Black Red Devil

Black Red Devil

Mean as Hell

• 2,355 posts

• I would if I could
    But I can't, so I won't

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:43 AM

View PostArbenol68, on 28 June 2013 - 09:50 PM, said:

No. I'm in New Zealand. And even the Kiwi macho culture thinks her gender was used against her.

it's not a macho cultural thing, it's more like trying to hurt and discredit the other person through vile and dirty comments which they hope gives them a psychological edge over their opponent. A bit like testing their ability to see if they can handle the pressure or ascertain if they have chinks in their armor so they can exploit their weaknesses.
Unfortunately some of these "attempts" go way overboard some times.  Like the time they attacked her father just after he passed away.   That had nothing to do with her gender.

Sometimes It gets pretty dirty (and childish) in the Parliament and not necessarily only against women.

Edited by Black Red Devil, 29 June 2013 - 12:44 AM.

We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell

- Oscar Wilde

#21    Arbenol

Arbenol

Psychic Spy

• 1,815 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:47 AM

Expressing discontent at politicians is fine. It's part of our democratic process to be able to do so. And I'm not going to tell Aussies what's what when it comes to that.

There was plenty of criticism of her that was appropriate. No problem. But there was too much that crossed the line of acceptability. It's also sent the rather unfortunate message that any female politician who wants the top jobs is going to have to be prepared to take all the other irrelevant and offensive flak.

#22    Irrelevant

Irrelevant

Apparition

• Closed
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:57 AM

or the time they attacked Abbotts  wife and 3 children??

#23    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,764 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:02 AM

It's always funny how they praise our politicians and how our country did during the GFC was attributed to their actions is absurd.

If anything. The politicians have further inflicted upon our country during the GFC. If we had traded places with a country in Europe. We would be in the same position if not worse. We were lucky to be in the position we were in. The politicians put a tax on that actual economy tht helped us through the GFC.

Every other country out there doesn't have a carbon tax as high as ours. Why do we pay the most to cripple our biggest industry?

Thousands of jobs have been lost and there have also been many factory closures as a result of this tax.

Rudds attempt to overhaul the education system resulted in schools being ripped off by contractors due to poor management. The ASIO building also poorly put together costing billions and may even needing to be rebuilt. The NBN. An utter mess. At the rate of this installation there would probably be a lot better technology available.

Our government is an actual joke. We don't even have a Ron Paul equivalent. Or any light of hope.

When I switch on the TV to watch the parliament. I see a bunch of 12 year olds bickering. Constantly interrupting each other or yelling incoherently and displaying regressive behaviour.

Politics is run by ones ego over here. You know it's a mess when that becomes the case. We need a complete reform.

Oh yeh I forgot to mention. They just recently have themselves a $15,000 pay rise.... It is also said there will be more in the near future. Utterly outrageous.

Edited by Orcseeker, 29 June 2013 - 04:09 AM.

#24    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,533 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:04 AM

we call them our leaders... ha

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#25    Tia

Tia

The Naughty Angel.

• 6,272 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:10 AM

As an Australian female, thank God JuLIAR is gone. If you want to play with the big boys you have to be tough. or maybe I should say play with the little kiddies either way it's still the same.

As for Rudd, I hope the Australian public is smart enough to remember just because Labour has a new face their policies will still be the same come election time. The way we have been run into the ground is disgusting, most people I know have suffered badly under all the taxes Labour has brought us and it's not even like we see any benefits such as updating hospitals or better programs for children in schools.

Bring on Liberal!

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. Gandhi.
HEY I WON!

#26    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,514 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:44 AM

You know what boils my goat?
and not the Ruddism of goat boiiling
"Labor"
The ******* word in Australian English is spelt with an "U". As in "labour is our work". When the party was founded under that the tree in Barcaldine it was the Labour Movement.
with an "U"! Why did it get dropped? Well from what I'm told it's because of them sucking up to the Yanks and wanting to align with their Labor Movements.

It's appropriate that "u"'ve been taken out of the party, when it no longer represents the people.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#27    Irrelevant

Irrelevant

Apparition

• Closed
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:59 AM

"There's no U in Labor"

Somebody could launch a campaign just on that..it's better than "stop the boats."

#28    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• 1,837 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:15 AM

Yes same party new face. I guess Rudd is more popular now.

You guys ready for the national popularity vote in September? (Or possibly earlier)

Bring back the Howard days.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#29    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 25,777 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:47 AM

View PostArbenol68, on 29 June 2013 - 12:47 AM, said:

Expressing discontent at politicians is fine. It's part of our democratic process to be able to do so. And I'm not going to tell Aussies what's what when it comes to that.

There was plenty of criticism of her that was appropriate. No problem. But there was too much that crossed the line of acceptability. It's also sent the rather unfortunate message that any female politician who wants the top jobs is going to have to be prepared to take all the other irrelevant and offensive flak.
But here's the rub - were people crossing the line with her because they're sexist, thus betraying a "macho culture", or was this their way of ridiculing her incompetent leadership?

Posted Image

#30    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,803 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:55 AM

View PostParanoid Android, on 29 June 2013 - 09:47 AM, said:

But here's the rub - were people crossing the line with her because they're sexist, thus betraying a "macho culture", or was this their way of ridiculing her incompetent leadership?
How exactly come passing 520 pieces of legislation in a minority government in just three year be construed as incompetent?  At least give credit where it's due even if you don't agree with labor policies managing a country with the balance of power being held by independents is no small feat.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users